Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The new introduce yourself thread.......

ex-newcarsalesman

Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2013-12-24

Hi. I'm ex-newcarsalesman

Post by ex-newcarsalesman on Thu 16 Jan 2014, 7:43 pm

As the title suggests, I'm an ex-car salesman and you may have seen my buying advice. My name is actually Richard, buy I'll keep the surname to myself as, believe it or not, the car sales industry maintains a black list!!!!

I've been in IT (back then it was called computer programming) and I was an Assembler programmer - the weird type dealing with individual bits of data rather than the current "lets write it in English because we have oodles of memory to play with". I then moved into IT Sales for various companies. Bought my own hotel (NW Highlands of Scotland), sold it some years later, went back into sales and specifically car sales as a way to make a good earning. First opportunity, got out of that line because it seemed to me that it was a legal way of acting illegally and more importantly immorally.

Now head of sales for a (smallish) plc which involves quite a bit of travel abroad and often to areas of recent political unrest. Fluent in Polish (due to my parentage - refugees in WW2 who thought they'd return so only taught me Polish which was interesting when I started school). Understand and read a little Russian and most slavonic languages (as they are essentially all rooted the same).

I've seen the Politics threads and would love to contribute, however, I come from the aspect of having campaigned for and with the late Lord David Sutch and that time has taught me one thing. I don't know why you are all wasting your time painting yourselves with yellow, red or blue colours because they are merely the visible parts of one single beam of light!!!! Deciding to have one colour for 5 years doesn't change the beam of light.

And yes....I did rip people off selling cars....big time! But as I said on my Facebook page when I left - I posted a picture of Ronnie Barker leaving a prison with the words "Going Straight"
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11939
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: The new introduce yourself thread.......

Post by papa_umau on Fri 17 Jan 2014, 12:28 pm

Hi there Richard.

WELCOME !

Nice to see you on ROB.

I hope that you come to like it here and you can give us the benefit of your wisdom on many more topics than just cars.

Your new car buying guide in the sticky-note at the head of the Consumer section is a great bit of information, and even if it is a bit scary at times it is good for us to know such things.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2377
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 18 Jan 2014, 12:08 pm

Hello "ex-newcarsalesman". Boy that's some handle ! Very Happy

As you have used your proper name above I will just call you Richard if you don't mind.

It is great to see some new blood at Ripped-Off Britain as it was getting a bit boring just talking to the regulars and no-one else.

I have read your car-buyers guide and think that it is really good. I just wish I had enough money to go to a car showroom with and to use all of that great advice.

Maybe soon.

Anyway, welcome to the board, and I hope that you find the different forums interesting.

Confis

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2016-12-19

Post by Confis on Tue 20 Dec 2016, 8:41 pm

Hi all

Just back from holiday when I read about this site. Bit about me I live in the north west of the uk made unemployed in august. and looking for work.
    was thinking about upgrading my computer.

I was just wondering is there any thing about the price off video cards here and the costs
    GIGABYTE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 G1 GAMING costs 616.47 in the uk and costs $619.89
    it just seems that we are being ripped off.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 10:58 am

The description tells me that this is my friend Roberto and if it is it is great to have you on my site.

Sadly, because I am just back from holiday myself and because I have a lot of business to catch up on I will do more with your enquiry tomorrow...possibly.

Later...

Papa......

Confis

Number of posts : 3
    Registration date : 2016-12-19

Post by Confis on Wed 21 Dec 2016, 3:04 pm

So what gave it a way Smile and it is a good site Smile
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 22 Dec 2016, 11:50 am

Thanks Roberto.

As I am still very busy I will research your Gaming card needs very soon.

Meanwhile, why don't you PM me either as Papaumau or as Admin and we can have a wee private chat.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 25 Jun 2017, 11:31 am