Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Ryanair raked in 550million extra last year.

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2585
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Ryanair raked in 550million extra last year.

Post by zathrus on Fri 11 Sep 2009, 1:54 pm

Now that Ryanair are charging extra for just about anything these days they are making more money from their extras than they do from their actual cut-price air-fares.

They recently announced a 50% hike in baggage-fee charges on top of all of their other charges for food and even the use of the toilet on board their aircraft.

If they do not watch what they are doing they are going to hand the bulk of the paying passengers back to the likes of British Airways.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12344
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Ryanair raked in 550million extra last year.

Post by papa_umau on Sat 12 Sep 2009, 11:27 am

Yeah Zath' while I have always supported the budget airlines against the so-called "national" carriers I also feel that Ryanair - who were previously one of the best - are now just playing silly buggars with their customers.

These heavily increased "extras" are now very difficult to avoid when flying with the "budget" airlines.

Ryanair will say that when booking online all costs are shown BEFORE the final button press of paying for the charges and they think that this ameliorates the reasons for doing it. It doesn't !

I plan to write to Ryanair on behalf of the ROB2 users just to find out what they have to say about themselves in this respect.

Watch this space !

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2473
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 12 Sep 2009, 1:13 pm

I for one have always supported Ryanair and Easyjet and Virgin Airways etc' as the cheapest airlines out there but I am getting sick and tired of trying to avoid all of the traps and charges that are appearing in these so-called "budget" airlines. I now look first at British Airways before I look at the rest.

They are now becoming their own worst enemies ! Evil or Very Mad
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 13 Sep 2009, 12:03 pm

My thoughts exactly Angie !

I have e-mailed the female customer services boss Ms C Greene to ask why Ryanair feel they have to now rip off their loyal customers.

Here is a copy of the e-mail:

Dear Ms Greene...

As the owner and editor of http://rippedoffbritain.forumotion.net/the-off-topic-chat-lounge-f6/ryanair-raked-in-550million-extra-last-year-t782.htm#6224 website I have to attempt to contact someone in a management position in Ryanair. As this is the only e-mail address I can find that does this I am writing to you as the head of Ryanair customer services.

This website and attached forums have usually promoted and supported the "budget" airlines as we have - up until now - felt that these airlines have served the ordinary flyers of Britain very well by bringing down prices so that the mass of the population can now access air-travel that could not before.

We have also previously felt that the pressure that the independent budget airlines have placed on the expensive national carriers like British Airways and American Airways et-al has been a valuable general help to holding down their air-fares too.

This quality is now being eroded by Ryanair, especially, having very complex and increasingly expensive "extras" policies where it is not only difficult to tell what is inclusive in the ticket price but how much these extras are eventually going to cost.

I am aware that if those who are lucky enough to have internet access use the Ryanair booking systems provided correctly that all of the extras should be intimated BEFORE the final key-press to pay the actual finished cost. This is all fine and good but the systems for booking online - while they are actually cheaper than doing it at the airport or via a travel agent - they are still very ambiguous to people who want simple and cost-effective booking of flights. In fact many of my readers and writers are of the opinion now that Ryanair in particular have made these booking and charging systems so complex that they are now being driven away from the budget airlines because of these complexities.

If you or any of the management members of Ryanair are interested to see what my users feel about Ryanair then all they have to do is go to the link above and look at the discussions there. ( More will be added as the subject gets around ).

May I say that my website can boast of thousands of readers page-hits per month and as such the discussion about Ryanair's pricing policies will get out to a lot of people.

Best of regards....

Paul H.......aka - Papaumau

Well, there you have it !

Whether Ryanair will respond in an acceptable manner to this e-mail will be up-in-the-air ( excuse the pun Wink ) for a while but if they do I will also publish the reply here !

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by zathrus on Mon 14 Sep 2009, 9:59 am

Don't hold your breath Paps !
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 15 Sep 2009, 11:34 am

Yeah Zath' I think that Michael O'Leary now thinks that he is just too big to get down here with the punters. Those kind of delusions of grandeur were what destroyed Napoleon.

The most attractive part of the budget airlines was that they used to be close to the common air-travellers, but I am afraid that now they are beginning to act like the British Airways's of this world.

Papa......

wrinkles

Number of posts : 84
    Registration date : 2009-08-27

Post by wrinkles on Tue 15 Sep 2009, 2:01 pm

Although Ryanair are probably at the forefront of this con game, for that's what it is, Others of the cheap airlines are using similar tactics.
    I and 'er indoors regularly fly back and forth to Ireland, as a result we get email offers of cheap flights almost daily. Birmingham to Cork 9.99, and similar. Of course this is the "Ticket" price, in fact a return using that ticket price will be in the region 70 each. BMI Baby, Aerlingus, are all at it.
    Ryanair? well they have taken this "Con" a stage further and are turning it into an art form.
    How long before a Ryanair flight is standing room only,You have some 1 coins in case you have to use the toilet but praying you don't have to because you're wearing all your clothes at once with your pockets full of shoes to save 50 on luggage charges
    zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by zathrus on Fri 18 Sep 2009, 1:03 pm

Nice one Wrinkles !

I like that. "Raised to an art form" Twisted Evil

I too have noticed that supercheap air-fares and rail fares are singles only as the return fares are often up to ten times what the outward journey costs. These dogs know that we have to come home eventually and once we have taken advantage of the special offer we are a captive market if we ever want to get home again.

I find that cynical and not a little crooked !

BTW...I just love thaty crazy avatar of yours ! bounce

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 25 Sep 2017, 1:46 am