Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Jobs Jobs Jobs..

Markfox01

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Jobs Jobs Jobs..

Post by Markfox01 on Fri 24 Jul 2009, 4:09 pm

Sick of job hunting now I am moving into the forth month of being unemployed. In that time I have discovered that its nothing to do with what’s on your resume any more.. nope.. its how well you can lie your arse off into a Job. No way, are people are telling the truth to get a job in this day and age, and the amount of people that are lying in an interview is unreal, also just think of the lies on there CVs? Even though the vast amount of jobs don’t even look at the CVs because you have to fill out an application form with how many questions.. ?

The Question that always gets me is this… “What makes you suitable candidate for this position..?” What? What’s the matter, my CV that I have been spending hours outlining my skills and my abilities and Experience on not good enough for you?? Not only do you insult me by making me fill out a f*****g application form to make me look like all the other monkeys applying, I have to now beg for a job?

But the sad fact is you have to jump throw this hoop..

IF, you get a chance to be picked for an interview, you will now go through a process. Like you’re a ready meal, being packaged for sale.. a process. What the hell do people need processes for? Oh I know.. this is that corporate bullshit again. I have worked for big companies that every morning the directors open there Corporate bull shit dictionary and use a new word like “integrate out-of-the-box niches” or “synergies” or what I kept hearing a lot in recruitment “KPI” all the funking time.. KPIs.. KPIs.. in the end it started sounding like Pies.. Pies.. and actually started making me hungry.

In an interview the interviewer will use the word “team” meaning the people he tells what to do.. he is not the leader of the X-men! Or like a lot of managers in the UK, doesn’t tell what to do, then gets annoyed when his bonus is not up, because he is a cock..

Note to any managers out there, promoting top performers will cause a huge problem in business.. they are top performers cause they got there being a cock. And this wont make them good manager, not at all… it will making them a cock in a big chair.. or a bigger cock.. see they got there standing on people, why does standing on people give you a ability to be a manager.. it just means you don’t know how to treat people, nor does it gain trust, nor the ability to get the best out of people..

So there you are sitting in front of the manager or the director of a company. They look at your CV and suddenly you’re a terrorist being interrogated for the WMDs!!

“Why did you lave your previous job.. or why are you leaving your job..”

Why do people ask that question when we all know the reason for leaving a job is one of 2 reasons.. “Sacked/Redundant or had enough..” normally its had enough.. but of late we are made redundant. So that question needs to be scrapped.. but if you do have an interview coming up, work on the answer for it, seriously think of the best answer and practice it that’s my advice.. I have been using the same answer now for the last 4 months for over 8 interviews. And I know it better than the welsh national anthem.. the other day, I actually answered the questions before the interviewer asked them.. she must have asked 2 questions..

I have 2 spelling mistakes on my CV, and its not on purpose, but I have left them there as a test. If some one brings it up in the interview, DON’T WORK FOR THEM, they will pick on everything you do.. if they don’t pick it up.. then they probably didn’t read your CV, and your not going to get the job. The Happy medium is as the read throw, they actually correct you mistake with out questioning it.. which means, there cool.. they don’t let little things in the way..

So far my theory is right.. lol.

I really cant believe the amount of bullshit out there to be honest.. Gone the days were we can just have a simple 9-5 and work. Pay bills, buy a house, grow a tree.. now we have these jobs that only rely on a system to work. The system is complex and full of dumb down out sourced jobs that make no sense job titles. We all have to be some sort of, either robots or very underpaid Alan Sugars ready to be made redundant or reapply for our jobs if things are tuff… Bosses are constantly pushing you to the limits and if you “don’t fit in” then you pretty much, may as well, leave. Your life will be hell if you don’t. Interviews have turned into some sort of Apprentice game show bull, that you have to jump throw rings to get a job, keep a job, get promotion or “your fired!”

Honestly is getting that job, that worth it? I know we are in tuff times, but Jesus..

So here I am, with my confidence Knocked left right and centre, and all I can do is get in the queue like everyone else.. everyone else is doing the same thing as me, calling companies, get in front of people, the local council had 4 people waiting to see HR when I popped in yesterday, all doing what I was doing..

There is no such thing as a career or a job for life. You are what you have been doing lately. And no amount of transferable skills will help you change career.. Yes we are in tuff times, but fack that, we will never be in good times again.. the board director is now the true god, bow down and you may get a salary.. Bow down and open wide.. they may throw in a company car..
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12341
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Jobs Jobs Jobs..

Post by papa_umau on Sat 25 Jul 2009, 10:17 am

Hi Mark, that is an awful story and my heart goes out to you !

When a country goes like this one where the great majority of jobs are being lost because of 1). The severe recession. 2). The fact that we actually make very little here now. And 3). Because employers feel that they must rationalise their wage bill by taking their work out of the country, they start to think up ways of NOT giving applicants jobs.

Most of the questions that are in an application form are placed there in order to weed out the great majority and these forms do not in fact go towards anybody actually getting a job.

It is only after the interviewing officer and his "management team" ( now I am doing it ), have chucked ninety-nine percent of the applicants onto the "NO" tray that they really start to look at the short list that is left.

At this point it is not about WHAT you know, it becomes about WHO you know and about how good a con-man/woman you are.

With the national jobless figures now close to the three million that Thatcher presided over in the late eighties and early nineties there are at least ten good people vying for every decent job out there. This makes the jobs market a very cut-throat one.

As it has become eminently certain that you are an intelligent person and a well educated and qualified one and because of this I am sure that the right job will eventually come along for you. DO NOT lose heart as this situation cannot last forever.

Papa......

riders_on_the_storm
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 463
    Registration date : 2008-08-25

Post by riders_on_the_storm on Sun 02 Aug 2009, 9:03 pm

Totally agree with paps you have to be a top-flight BS'er now to wangle your way in. I spent a lot of time trying to get a job after my studies buut I persisted and persisted, done a lot of research and managed to get quite a good job.

tough times call for tough decisions.

Mark if you need any help give me a shout if you want. Whatever you are going through I have probably been there and wore the T shirt!

Andrew
    Markfox01

Number of posts : 120
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by Markfox01 on Wed 19 Aug 2009, 10:10 am

cheers anddrew, for some reason I am going it alone again.. I have partnered up with a francise, where we do thngs 50/50 I am in recruitment, all i need now is vaccancies to work on...

It is a tempory thing till i can get a good job.. but suffice to this may make me a lot of money and I will be her for the next 10 years doing it.. lol..
    riders_on_the_storm
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 463
    Registration date : 2008-08-25

Post by riders_on_the_storm on Wed 19 Aug 2009, 11:06 pm

I hated job hunting, it's horrible thing to do. It takes up SO much of your time and you see little if any result. But in saying that you do learn things from it....what I don't really know but I must have learnt something!

Andrew
    wrinkles

Number of posts : 84
    Registration date : 2009-08-27

Post by wrinkles on Thu 27 Aug 2009, 4:01 pm

I feel for you Mark. You are at least willing and able to work. Where I am I see a good many attending job interviews only because the Job center has made them attend on pain of losing their Dole. A vain attempt to reduce the over 5 Million that have never worked since Nu-labour came to power, so much for the Nu deal.
    I have been fortunate, in some respects, that I have been in this job for 23 years but as I rapidly approach retirement I will leave with nothing to mark 23 years service, I doubt even a cheap watch. Due to all the reasons you stated albeit in a different context. Can I afford to give up work? No, Do I want to retire? NO, Do I have a choice? No. Am I sorry to be going? No. Petty rules and regulations, H&S, EU directives have over the past years turned a good job into a nightmare, but which I do well. Small consolation is this lot will get a nasty shock when I'm gone because I'm not being replaced and I know that not one of them is capable of doing the job. I think the word is shardenfruede(sp)
    Frenzied Feline
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2008-08-31

Post by Frenzied Feline on Sat 05 Sep 2009, 7:45 pm

Oh God Mark.. Nothing I can say will help? I hope to. Hell. I DO

OK .. keep positive. Keep focussed and believe in yourself no matter how many knock backs you get here.

Be brutal. List all your skills . personal strengths. Try to sell yourself and experience to date to gain a different job. Play on these and show how they transfer to job on offer. Tailor cv and letter to this target. Play the word games accordingly. Go to book shop. Browse. Read the "BLuuf your way to.. whatever!" from that stand in the corner of Waterstones Wink

Play on your skills. but not complacently. Wink

Read all adverts carefully. Tailor cv and letter to match what they say the want. If they have an age cut off . IGNORE as it's ILLEGAL. Leacve DOB to last information. You need them to know what you CAN do and age is immaterial and discrimation is against the law these days Wink . You either can or you cannot do the job.

Keep thinking positive Mark. I know . it's easier to say than do.. but I still say KEEP POSITIVE amd keep looking. You will get there in the end.. and I can only wish you all the best and hope for you and yours to find your wind of fortune changes to a steady course again.

I fear I do not help practically Mark . but I hope to give solace and support all the same.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 9:46 pm