Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Gone for a short break

Gone for a short break

Post by Guest on Sun 24 May 2009, 9:31 pm

Spent today down Tenby enjoyed it so much, like always have now decided to return for a short break tried my best to respond to all topics I have participated on wishing you all well and please continue posting it helps the forum.

Re: Gone for a short break

Post by Guest on Mon 25 May 2009, 6:32 pm

Well my short break didnt last long got back this afternoon after making the trip down last night didnt seem much point because the only reason I was there was for a bit of sun with both sunburn and hang over didnt want to stay for the gloom can always skip off when the sun returns.

Tenby a stunning town and I always enjoy my visits sadly I associate Tenby with the beach and that must be the worst possible association for sea side towns but I hope they get a good summer this year.
    Historian
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 268
    Registration date : 2009-04-19

Post by Historian on Tue 26 May 2009, 7:43 am

merlinz wrote: I associate Tenby with the beach and that must be the worst possible association for sea side towns but I hope they get a good summer this year.

Lol Merlin

Red

Post by Guest on Tue 26 May 2009, 8:05 am

LOL I know works both ways I suppose... jocolor i meant in times of bad weather.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12079
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Tue 26 May 2009, 11:47 am

Very quaint with all of those smartie-painted houses !

Like many other seaside towns around the shores of Britain the attraction is strong for brits but it is usually the weather that puts brits off from holidaying at home.

The warmists say that as the seas get warmer and the jet-stream moves further North we might see continental-style weather arriving in Britain in not too long a time period.

If that DOES happen then we may find that many of the people who go abroad for holidays may not need to in future. All we would need then is for the seaside towns to watch their pricing and make sure that the antiquated British service industry is fixed.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Tue 26 May 2009, 12:47 pm

Tenby is beautiful ive always loved going there the town itself as got stunning old walls surrounding the centre long beaches just behind that little old fort you can see in that picture and a little island that monks use that you can visit by boat in the summer.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 26 May 2009, 1:24 pm

I spent some of my childhood down the other coast of Northumberland and there too are lots of quaint little seaside villages. My favourites were Craster, Lindisfarne, ( Holy Isle ) and Berwick and I actually lived with my English grannie for some time in a wee town called Alnmouth and that has a fantastic beach right around it.

Now that I live in my beloved Scotland again I have toured most of the coastline here as well and if it was only for the weather this would be idyllic too, just like Tenby.

Here is one view of it:

The massive beach is round to the right !

Papa......

Post by Guest on Tue 26 May 2009, 2:31 pm

Looks beautiful. I think we all need to start going to our own holiday destinations more use it or lose it as they say.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 27 May 2009, 11:07 am

As I already said...."The weather in Britain can be a real passion-killer" !

Papa......

Historian
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 268
    Registration date : 2009-04-19

Post by Historian on Wed 27 May 2009, 3:04 pm

Are you two booking your honeymoon or something?

Red

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 1:30 am