Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The Dark Web? Why Small Businesses Should Concern Themselves With the Threat.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 14022
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

The Dark Web? Why Small Businesses Should Concern Themselves With the Threat.

Post by papa_umau on Mon 24 Dec 2018, 11:35 am

Part of the problem starts with the fact that organizations simply don't know there is a black market for the buying and selling of stolen goods.

In the wake of the big corporate data breaches and social media scandals being reported, small businesses across multiple industries are concerned they may be next on a hacker’s hit list.

Lacking the cash and resources needed to maintain a robust IT department, 54 percent of  small businesses, a Ponemon Institute report revealed, experienced a data breach in 2017.

Not prioritizing -- or simply ignoring -- cybersecurity is no longer an option for small businesses.

All it takes is one attack to wipe out an organization’s financials and force its owners to shut for good.

That's why many companies have already begun taking the necessary steps to protect themselves from direct cyber threats that could impact their business.

But when that protection isn't in place, what happens to the data that is stolen in a successful breach?

While small businesses are aware of the dangers posed by phishing schemes  many are overlooking an equally dangerous threat that lurks out of sight: the dark web.

Find the main article link HERE

Some people seem to think that if they have nothing to do with the dark web it cannot hurt them.....WRONG, as more and more hackers are using the dark web as hiding places to launch attacks from.

Please read all of these links and consider acting on what they contain.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2973
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Re: The Dark Web? Why Small Businesses Should Concern Themselves With the Threat.

Post by Angie baby on Sun 30 Dec 2018, 11:36 am

I have heard that term many times before recently, but I have no clue as to how I go about accessing the "dark web".

Also, is it a dangerous place to go for attacks via computer hackers ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Re: The Dark Web? Why Small Businesses Should Concern Themselves With the Threat.

Post by papa_umau on Mon 31 Dec 2018, 11:25 am

Yes, the dark-web can be a dangerous place as often you may be taken to sites that you do not want to go to.

I do have access to the "dark web", but I would not recommend it to the average internet surfer.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 3066
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 03 Jan 2019, 10:28 am

I did get the dark-web access programme installed out of curiosity but only a few days after I started surfing using the Tor engine I decided that the dark web was NOT the place for me and I uninstalled it very quickly.

My advice to anyone thinking of accessing the Dark Web...Just don't do it as it is a "dark" hole full of criminality.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 04 Jan 2019, 12:26 pm

Yes, the Tor engine was specifically designed to allow people to hide their internet address and with that in mind it has attracted a great lot of criminals doing what they like to do in secret.

It is a VERY dangerous place to be.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2973
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 05 Jan 2019, 11:17 am

The thing is that anything that is perceived to be dangerous is also more attractive than the safer places to go.

I think I will nevertheless stay away from that dark place.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 06 Jan 2019, 11:57 am

Yes, danger does attract some people, but in this case I think it is one danger that should be avoided like the plague.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Jan 2019, 7:46 pm