Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Never trust a text or a call from your bank that appears to come from the correct number...

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 14022
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Never trust a text or a call from your bank that appears to come from the correct number...

Post by papa_umau on Mon 12 Nov 2018, 11:44 am

Why you should never trust a text from your bank or a call that appears to come from the correct number...

You could lose your life savings !

People are being scammed by texts and calls claiming to be from their banks.

Victims have been conned into handing over thousands of pounds to con artists.

Banks are working with telecom companies to block fraudulent calls and texts.

An example of what can happen:

When Rod Owens received a text message from his bank he had no reason to think it was a fake.

It appeared in the same chain as previous messages from Santander and there were no obvious giveaways such as spelling mistakes or poor grammar.

The text asked if he had made a payment for 1,900 to iTunes and requested he call the number given if not.

Rod had no idea he was about to fall for one of the most devious tactics used by fraudsters and be conned into handing over more than 9,000 of his savings.

Read on about this surprisingly simple con from THIS IS MONEY

It seems so easy to get caught with this innocent-looking message, but we should first know that a bank WILL NEVER contact one of their customers by e-mail or phone on such a matter.

Be warned, as it could happen to you.

Last edited by papa_umau on Sun 18 Nov 2018, 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 3066
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Never trust a text or a call from your bank that appears to come from the correct number...

Post by zathrus on Thu 15 Nov 2018, 12:20 pm

Another good warning for people who use the internet.

This especially applies to the elderly.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Re: Never trust a text or a call from your bank that appears to come from the correct number...

Post by papa_umau on Fri 16 Nov 2018, 12:53 pm

Being one myself, I always try to include the elderly in anything I do on ROB.

Even if the stuff I put up on ROB is not specifically for the elderly it will stand in good stead for just about everybody else that visits the site.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2973
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 17 Nov 2018, 11:38 am

I always think of my old mum when I see stuff specially directed at the elderly here.

You are doing a great job Papa, keep it up.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 18 Nov 2018, 12:06 pm

Thank you my dear; it is always good to get a reply that values my work here.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Jan 2019, 6:59 pm