Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The answer to the on-street charging of electric cars.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 13650
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

The answer to the on-street charging of electric cars.

Post by papa_umau on Thu 15 Mar 2018, 11:51 am

Put the charging points in street lamps.

Ovo and Ubitricity have joined partners to roll out these revolutionary charging points for electric and plug in hybrid cars.

There is already a trial started in London where German firm Ubitricity has already installed 100 of these lamp-post charging stations.

If they are seen to be accepted both OVO and Ubitricity are going to roll these type of charging points right up and down the country.

If interested HERE is the site that will be installing these revolutionary chargers now and in the future.

Also, once they are proven to be a success all of the local authorities will be able to get you one.

Find out more from Ubitricity at this link.

While at first this sounds like a wonderful thing to do but I would worry about the security of these charging points as there are many people who would take pleasure from destroying and vandalising such installations.

Papa......

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Update.....

Post by papa_umau on Fri 16 Mar 2018, 12:18 pm

Of course the "smart" cable that will come to you from Ubitricity, in order to gain access to the little door in the lamp standard will have to be bought. ( Price unknown at the moment, but it is going to be heavily subsidised at the start ).

Once the cable has been connected to the charger in the lamp standard and to the car it cannot be removed as it is locked at both ends. It can be unlocked from inside the electric car.

Papa......

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Further update.....

Post by papa_umau on Sun 18 Mar 2018, 1:23 pm

Oh and, I think it is a bit ridiculous that we have to go to Germany to get such revolutionary solutions to the problem of not being able to find chargers where and when we want and need them.

As diesel cars are phased out and eventually all fossil-fuel burning vehicles become known to be dangerous to the environment and the atmosphere, and to our health - and especially our children's health - there is going to be a requirement for many more thousands of charging points for the electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles that are going to be sold in the future.

Does nobody want to comment on this subject, or are all of your proverbial heads still stuck in the sand ?

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2855
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Re: The answer to the on-street charging of electric cars.

Post by Angie baby on Sat 24 Mar 2018, 11:30 am

Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.

Very soon, and after the dirty diesels are barred from every town and city the owners of plug-in vehicles are going to need charging points all over the place.

I wish I could be one of them as because I cannot afford to go electric and because I live in a flat I would have nowhere to charge it if I could afford it.

Sorry for moaning so much, but life is not easy even for someone like me who works a full week and has a fairly good wage.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 27 Mar 2018, 12:45 pm

Yes, under the Tories and their austerity torture even working people are now being dragged into poverty too.

It's awful and the quicker we get rid of this lot and elect a more humane party, the better.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 16 Oct 2018, 6:54 am