Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Councils saving money by ripping us off for snow clearing in private estates.

papa_umau
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 14174
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Councils saving money by ripping us off for snow clearing in private estates.

Post by papa_umau on Fri 02 Mar 2018, 11:26 am

I have noticed that while public paths are being cleared of snow next to the main roads, and the main roads themselves are getting cleared and gritted regularly the small snow-ploughs never come into the estates.

Without drifting, which is bad, the snow is lying about two feet deep in the estate I live.

Don't know when we are going to get out.

Last edited by papa_umau on Mon 12 Mar 2018, 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

Angie baby
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 3023
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Re: Councils saving money by ripping us off for snow clearing in private estates.

Post by Angie baby on Sat 03 Mar 2018, 11:25 am

Like most people, I think you are just going to have to dig yourself out.
    papa_umau
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 14174
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Councils saving money by ripping us off for snow clearing in private estates.

Post by papa_umau on Sun 04 Mar 2018, 12:16 pm

That's OK saying "just dig yourself out" but many people like the old and the long term disabled and sick do not have the ability to do this on their own.

Anyway, clearing whole streets - away from the main thorofares - for vehicles to pass, cannot be done with a shovel and these streets should be cleared by the council-owned and tractor-mounted snow-ploughs used for clearing paths.

As I live on a hill it has been very difficult to get up the hill and out of the estate because of the freeze that came after all that snow.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 20 Mar 2019, 9:33 am