Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

It's time to 'embrace an android' says Labour's deputy leader.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 13462
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

It's time to 'embrace an android' says Labour's deputy leader.

Post by papa_umau on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:44 am

Worried that a robot will one day take your job? Don't fear says a senior politician who is urging people to "embrace an android".

If machines can take over routine tasks, deputy Labour leader Tom Watson believes, it will liberate people to focus on areas generating more wealth.

If properly regulated, he says the growth of automation could create as many jobs as it will eliminate.

"I suppose what I am really saying is - robots can set us free."

A report earlier this year suggested 30% of British jobs could be threatened by automation by 2030, compared with 38% in the US and 21% in Japan, with manufacturing and retail at the greatest risk.

Read the full report from The BBC HERE

Corbyn: Let workers operate robots

Will a robot take your job ?

Well folks, there you have it.

I remember when it was being considered that robots should be put into car assembly lines, they told us then that we should not be afraid of jobs being displaced by robots.

Just look into any modern car assembly line today and you will not see a human being just about anywhere.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2897
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: It's time to 'embrace an android' says Labour's deputy leader.

Post by zathrus on Thu 14 Dec 2017, 12:02 pm

The argument for robots at that time was "not to worry" as they would generate more wealth and this "wealth" would trickle down to the ones who needed it to have a better life.

We all know that was a lie as not a penny of the money made by displacing human workers ever made our lives any better.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 13462
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 15 Dec 2017, 11:57 am

So true Zathrus.

Mind you the inexorable march of the supercomputers and the development of androids that is going on right now, I can see the time when these machines will not only do the work of humans, but they will look like humans too.

Maybe we will see a orbital computer like SKYNET in The Terminator films, which will take over the world.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2793
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 16 Dec 2017, 11:33 am

You have a vivid imagination Papa.

I think your love for sci-fi is clouding your judgement.
    Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1463
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Sun 17 Dec 2017, 3:51 pm

Although I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist, I can see something like Skynet happening too.

1984 has proved frighteningly prescient, although 30+ years later than George Orwell predicted. We are heavily surveilled and spied upon, though our devices and security cameras.

Whether we admit it or not, we are being controlled. Even the Media have got in on the act with all the disinformation in the Tory press in the last ten years.

Many other things Sci-Fi predicted have already come about, such as personal communicators, Holographic technology is in development, Cloaking devices, and a matter transmitter is also in the research stage. People and animals are already having microchips implanted, also humanoid robots are in production, although probably not for the purpose they were originally intended Wink!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 15 Aug 2018, 5:04 am