Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Electric cars are some of fastest-selling used vehicles in the U.S.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12574
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Electric cars are some of fastest-selling used vehicles in the U.S.

Post by papa_umau on Mon 02 Oct 2017, 11:57 am

Not every car buyer can afford a brand-new vehicle, which often makes gently used vehicles an appealing alternative.

But while cars that plug in take only a small share of new-vehicle purchases today—about 1 percent—they're apparently very popular once they're used.

In fact, electric and plug-in cars dominate the top 10 fastest-selling used vehicles.

Six of the top 10 vehicles boast some sort of electrification, and two of those are purely electric.

According to iSeeCars, the fastest-selling used car is the Fiat 500e with its EPA-estimated 87-mile range.

We've noted it in the past, but the latest study also mentions the 500e's incredibly low resale values—which will likely help make the car a quick mover on used-car dealership lots.

Get the whole Green Car report and the list of the ten fastest second-hand car sales in America HERE

Well folks, there you have it. I have been rabbetting on about second hand electric vehicles for some time now and here we see that amongst the top ten fastest selling cars in the US six of them have some kind of electrification.

They say that "if America gets a cold we get the flu soon afterwards". While I don't know about the truth of that I do think that America does lead the world in consumerism and once these electrified second-hand cars are available here we are going to take them up just as fast as America has.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2653
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Electric cars are some of fastest-selling used vehicles in the U.S.

Post by zathrus on Thu 05 Oct 2017, 11:33 am

You really are getting deep into the electric cars subject aren't you Paps ?

It now looks as if the Off Topic Chat Lounge is now the place where you push the electric car subject.

Not against this, in fact I like to be kept informed of what is going on the the land of the EVs.

I guess the more people who read this news the better we will be informed of what is to happen in the future.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 06 Oct 2017, 11:48 am

Yes Zathrus I AM getting very deep into the burgeoning electric car industry as they are the future for clean air on our streets.

I know they are still being treated with suspicion and fear by a lot of the people, but once they become cheaper than petrol and diesel cars, and they are seen as easy to charge and drive, with decent mileage on each charge, electric cars, with all of the car-makers offering us a sparkling array of choices to pick from, I am sure we will accept them better in the future.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 07 Oct 2017, 12:08 pm

Yes, diesel cars are dirty with the NOx, ( Nitrogen Oxide family of poisonous and highly reactive gasses ), and the carbon particulates that they spew out just at street level, but I would say that lorries and buses put out more of these diesel emissions.

Before our children walking to school are safe from these emissions all of these dirty engines should be done away with.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 08 Oct 2017, 11:59 am

Well said Angie; and quite accurate too.

And I also have to agree with you that the diesel buses and lorries are probably more polluting as the cars are.

Together, they produce an output of NOx and particulates that will put our children, especially, in a very risky situation.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 Nov 2017, 3:33 pm