Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Spectacles cost up to 134% more on the high street.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 13574
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Spectacles cost up to 134% more on the high street.

Post by papa_umau on Fri 29 Sep 2017, 12:16 pm

Opticians rip-off exposed: Glasses can be bought for a fraction of the cost online

A Daily Mirror investigation has found mark-ups of up to 134 per cent on frames being pushed by opticians - and we also discovered that customers can shop around online with a prescription from any of the major chains.

High street opticians are ripping off patients with eye-watering fees for glasses that can be bought for a fraction of the price online.

Over 60 per cent of Britons now wear prescription glasses or contact lenses on a regular basis - an industry worth over £3bn a year.

But a Daily Mirror investigation has found mark-ups of up to 134 per cent on frames being pushed by opticians - and a simple trick to save you a small fortune on your eye health bills.

Get the full story and advice from the Daily Record HERE

I knew about this many months ago and now that I need specs both for reading and distance I get them made for me at a close-by factory outlet. ( This is another way to get cheap even "designer" specs out of the high street ).

Of course anybody can now go and get an eye test, ( and in my case this is for free ), at any of the high street opticians, but YOU DO NOT need to get the specs made in the same shop you got the eye-test, as you can carry the prescription for your specs anywhere that you like.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2827
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Re: Spectacles cost up to 134% more on the high street.

Post by Angie baby on Sat 30 Sep 2017, 11:38 am

I Googled the internet spectacles shops and found about five of them that I like the sound of.

As I use glasses for reading I just hate going to the expensive high-street outlets for my specs.

The only problem with the using of internet providers is the fact that you have to get your prescription done by the likes of Specsavers and then send it to the internet manufacturer.

OK, you are going to say that you can scan in the prescription and send it by e-mail; but I don't have a scanner.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 13574
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 01 Oct 2017, 11:54 am

Thanks for you're response Angie.

Of course you can go to your nearest large post-office or public library and get a copy of you're glasses prescription and then just send it by post. E-mail would be a bit trickier if you cannot scan it into you're computer.

Scanners and printers are now very cheap to buy at around thirty to forty pounds.

I fact you can get a good HP Deskjet all-in-one scanner, copier, printer from PC World or online HERE for around £25.00

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 21 Sep 2018, 11:21 am