Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

More EV news.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12653
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

More EV news.

Post by papa_umau on Fri 29 Sep 2017, 12:03 pm

In Edinburgh, the first standard fully electric buses will come on line soon as they put SIX electric single-decker's on the Clermiston to Easter Road route after getting a 2.7 million cash injection from the Scottish government.

Each of these buses will carry 70 passengers and will be fitted with Wi-Fi and USB charging points for laptops and smart-phones.

This has to be the way for the future as dirty diesel buses are the worst polluters of the air in towns and cities.

Now let's hope that many of the short-distance commercial transport lorries and vans get this kind of upgrade too.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2565
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Re: More EV news.

Post by Angie baby on Sat 30 Sep 2017, 12:00 pm

It's really starting to happen now.

They are even talking about electric passenger planes.

All I want to happen is that ordinary electric cars should be within my reach of buying one, as I would love to have an electric car.

Maybe soon.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12653
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sun 01 Oct 2017, 12:42 pm

Yes Angie, you are going to see many great deals for second hand electric cars on the forecourts very soon.

The model of Nissan leaf that I at present own is going to be superseded strongly by the smart new second generation and 2018 model, and after that they are going to have many thousands of the first generation models clogging up the factory parking areas and retail forecourts.

They, and all of the other early EVs are going to be offered to first time EV owners at heavily discounted prices., and like Nissan, with the leaf, they are going to be offering a home charger unit bought and installed for free.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 1:27 am