Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

China is the world's biggest buyers of electric cars.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12578
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

China is the world's biggest buyers of electric cars.

Post by papa_umau on Thu 31 Aug 2017, 12:01 pm

China's electric-car sales now twice those in US for Jan-June 2017

Hard numbers provide the latest evidence that shows China is by far the world's largest market for plug-in cars—or new energy vehicles, as they are referred to locally.

The latest round of sales figures show the Chinese bought almost exactly twice the number of plug-in vehicles as car buyers in the United States did.

Despite the high figures, sales had slowed during the month of January due to the fewer subsidies from the Chinese government.

In total, Chinese buyers purchased 181,200 battery electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles through June of this year.

U.S. car buyers purchased 89,256 plug-in cars in comparison, according data from InsideEVs cited in the summary on ChargedEVs.

The total number of plug-in cars sold in China was 42 percent higher than the same period last year, once again despite the lower subsidies.

Get the full story from Green Car Reports HERE

I don't know about you guys, but I was shocked when I saw this news, as large parts of China are still peasant cultures, with incomes that one might expect, and many of the road infrastructures out to the depths of China are still just cart tracks, away from the major cities.

Obviously there must be enough numbers of Chinese people that have incomes that can beat America in the sales of EV cars. 

Not only that, but very soon they will be manufacturing more electric vehicles than any other country in the world too.

Maybe it is the fact that there are now 1.3 billion Chinese living in China now that makes these figures possible.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2661
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: China is the world's biggest buyers of electric cars.

Post by zathrus on Fri 01 Sep 2017, 12:01 pm

That is very interesting stuff Paps.

Looking at how China is working very hard to get into world trade and to keep being technically superior to some, I wonder why they are allowing Kim Jong-Un to destabilise the world with his sabre-rattling foolishness.

China has a great lot to lose if they become a pariah state that refuses to settle the North Korea problem.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 01 Sep 2017, 12:06 pm

China has also thrown a lot of it's extra cash across the world in order to build manufacturing facilities that give it back door entrances to trade that would not be allowed any other way.

I have no clue why they do not sort out the North Korea problem either as they could swipe that despotic regime down with one back-hander.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 02 Sep 2017, 11:50 am

I suspect that China is trying to get control or world trade by building manufacturing capabilities in Western countries.

It was only a couple of years ago that China got the reputation for being the worst polluters in the world, and it certainly does seem that they are trying very hard to break that reputation by pushing so hard for using alternative fuels and for getting rid of fossil-fuelled vehicles.

Once they have done that they can then start on cleaning up factory and power-generation pollution.

I now find it a bit embarrassing that they are setting the world the example of how to clean up their act.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 12:00 pm

Well said there my dear.

You are dead right about China.

I have found their massive expansions into the trading world and the great number of individual billionaires that are appearing in that COMMUNIST state to be incongruous at best and very worrying at worst.

I have no clue how they can be Communist and Capitalist  at the same time.

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1284
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 12:45 pm

What bothers me most isn't so much them buying electric cars, but how the electricity they use will be produced. At the moment they are still reliant on coal and Nuclear power, which is not addressing the pollution problem at all.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 1:01 pm

They are closing all of their fossil-fuelled power plants very fast, but they are still relying on nuclear to a great extent.

They also have the largest areas covered by photovoltaic chargeing panels and the largest wind farms in the world.

One thing about China not being democratically controlled is the fact that they can do just about anything they want to at the drop of a hat.

Last edited by papa_umau on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Post by Hell's Granny on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 1:04 pm

That is good to know.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 1:14 pm

HERE you will find a photograph of that massive photovoltaic panel in China.

The facility is located near the city of Huainan, in China’s eastern Anhui province. It has a capacity of 40 megawatts (MW), enough to power a small town. And in a stroke of pleasing symbolism, the plant floats over a flooded former coal-mining region.

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Post by Hell's Granny on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 1:19 pm

Wow! that is some array! We could do with some of this rather than Hinckley Point 3. I wonder how it will fare in some of the massive Storms that area experiences.

If we wanted to. we could use the big reservoirs we have to do something similar.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 03 Sep 2017, 1:26 pm

Yes, and I have lobbied for just such as that.

We have two new tidal lagoons being built in England and they will have a number of two-way working generator turbines set into the wall that makes up the lagoon enclosure.

That too is just another of the renewable generation systems that will eventually do away with all of the fossil-fuel generators that are poisoning the air.

Of course, as more and more people go for electric vehicles the need of increased amounts of electricity generated by the renewables is going to grow too.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 24 Nov 2017, 2:09 am