Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Hyundai-Kia to make eight new EVs by 2022.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12351
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Hyundai-Kia to make eight new EVs by 2022.

Post by papa_umau on Sun 20 Aug 2017, 11:44 am

While I thought that it would be China that would be the biggest manufacturer of electric vehicles in the future, it seems that this is not now to be the case.

See this:

Hyundai-Kia: eight electric cars by 2022, and a dedicated EV platform.

It's long been said in the auto industry that Hyundai-Kia is the only competitor that truly scares industry colossus Toyota.

Thirty years ago, the Korean company was a bit player, producing designs adapted from obsolete Mitsubishi technology.

Today it's a major global player, reacting fast to market swings—and its goal is to be second only to Toyota itself in global production of green cars by 2020.

( Of course that is if China does not roll over both of them by then ).

Get the full story from Green Car Reports HERE

As more and more countries are now moving towards banning petrol and diesels vehicles in the future, I guess that just about all that will replace them will be EV hybrids, at first, and eventually all-electric vehicles.

Opinions please on this supposition.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2585
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Hyundai-Kia to make eight new EVs by 2022.

Post by zathrus on Thu 24 Aug 2017, 11:28 am

OK, that is good news I suppose, but it is not the flow of new electric cars that is important, it is the fact that they are still too expensive for the ordinary buyer to change to.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 25 Aug 2017, 12:22 pm

Like with all other increases in numbers of sales in any field the extra numbers of electric and hybrid cars that are going to come into the the world markets in the next few years to come will create competition and that will bring down the prices.

As an example: Look at the prices of televisions; when they were first introduced they were terribly expensive for even the smaller screens, but nowadays, that the very large and heavy cathode-ray televisions are dwindling and even larger flat screened televisions are the norm we are seeing such TVs costing around three hundred pounds for such very large screens.

My prediction is that as more and more car manufacturers start to build and sell hybrid and purely electric cars the prices are going to drop markedly with the competition that will ensue.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2473
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 26 Aug 2017, 11:41 am

Maybe I will be able to afford to buy one of those South Korean electric Kias if they are cheap enough.

My hope springs eternal on that.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 12:35 pm

By the time that Diesels and petrol cars and vans are banned in towns and city centres we will see exactly how the market in hybrids and electric cars is going to go.

I am sure that many people will have bought their new hybrid and electric cars long before that happens.

Here is an observation about what is happening today:

I usually park my Nissan Leaf in the Stirling Vue Cinema car-park when I go to the pictures or for an evening meal at one of the four eateries close-by, and last Wednesday I noticed that along-side the high-speed chargers that I usually use there were four new -  a little bit slower - local authority chargers too. As I prefer to use the very fast Chad-e-mo charger, ( half and hour for a full charge from nearly empty at a pound a charge, and free parking ), I was surprised to see that there were five other different cars getting charged from the seven chargers available.

I have never seen so many electric and hybrid vehicles getting charged at the same time before.

I guess this is a view of how it is going to go even in the near future !

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 25 Sep 2017, 4:03 pm