Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Green4U electric race car revealed.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12200
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Green4U electric race car revealed.

Post by papa_umau on Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:08 am

Green4U electric race car revealed; targets Le Mans, may spawn street-legal variant.

The name Green4U is likely not well-known by many, but the company aims to change that with the introduction of an all-electric race car.

The company is the latest project by Don Panoz, best known as the founder of Panoz Motorsport and the sports-car brand which bears his name.

Most importantly, the Green4U Panoz race car will ultimately help influence and develop a portfolio of production electric cars in the future.

DON'T MISS: Mercedes, Porsche to join Audi, BMW, Jaguar, Renault in Formula E racing

Get the full story from Green Car Reports  HERE

You will probably all know that I am an electric car supporter and that I have my own new Nissan Leaf.

As a subscriber to the daily Green Car Report e-mails I get the best news about electric cars first.

Here is another interesting one where a racing car maker is planning to turn out street-legal electric cars.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Green4U electric race car revealed.

Post by zathrus on Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:41 am

I will believe that when I see it.

While I am sure that electric cars, and vans, are coming in big numbers in the future the government are going to have to do something to make them a similar price to petrol and diesel ones  if they are going to ban such vehicles from city streets.

One cannot come without the other.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:51 am

How I see it getting done is whereby the increasing number of electric car manufacturers will be competing against each-other in this massively growing market.

As the banning of dirty petrol and diesel cars and vans are banned from towns and cities we are going to see the nosedive of sales for these types of fossil-fuel burning vehicles, which WILL be replaced by hybrid vehicles first and then ultimately by purely electric ones.

Of course this will increase the need for more and more electricity to be generated, and one would hope that this too would be done using the renewable generation methods.

It's the future, and it, in MHO, cannot be avoided in the long run.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:36 pm

The news today was that Britain is "racing into the electric era".

The announcement by the government that they will be stopping the sales off petrol and diesel cars by 2040 has brought a big spike in people looking for alternatives.

www.Buyacar.co.uk reports that searches for electric and hybrid cars doubled last week.

The numbers of customers looking at EVs and hybrids rose by 113% over the same time the previous week.

If that is true it looks as if there are more people interested in changing to fossil-fuel free driving that might have at first been thought.

They are STILL too dear for me.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:34 am

Wow, great posting Angie.

For someone that does not own a car you seem to be on the ball about the electrification of common road vehicles.

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:59 pm

What I'm waiting for is the realisation that these cars are going to cost a great deal of money, not just in the purchase, but the fuelling costs.

I have a feeling that many folk will be priced off the roads entirely.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:52 pm

If you are talking about "fuelling costs" for electric vehicles then I can put your mind at rest.

My Nissan Leaf only costs about three pence a mile to recharge from nearly flat and run all week on.

It is only a quarter as expensive as petrol or diesel.

They are still comparatively expensive to buy, but now that more and more people are going electric or hybrid we are finding that they can now increasingly also be bought as guaranteed second hand.

My new leaf was originally £28,000 but by the time I got all of the subsidies from the government, Nissan, and the dealership I had saved eight thousand pounds, and I got a proper home charging station installed in my garage for free.

I think that the subsidies should be advertised much more than they are, as if they were more people would at least have a look at the cost, rather than just being put off by the perceived up-front expense of owning an electric car.

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:08 pm

Thank you for that clarification. It is a lot cheaper that I expected, at the moment, but I foresee other possible increases in taxes to rip electric car owners off.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:47 am

The government want to be seen to not being blamed for putting people off the move to hybrids and EVs and because of that they are not going to tax these types of vehicles.

In fact, as I just "road taxed" ( VED ) my Leaf I was happy to do it for NOTHING.

It was only truly electrified vehicles that are now totally free of VED charges after the last Chancellor banged up these charges for all low-emission vehicles, including hybrids, to a base-rate of £140.00 a year.

If they plan to ban all diesel and petrol cars from towns and cities - as they said they would do - they cannot be seen to be putting any more barriers up to people who want to buy electric cars and small vans. 

Eventually, all of the motor-manufacturers are going to get into this market and once they do we will see the buying costs of electric cars dropping like a stone.

China is already producing a low cost electric vehicle with their national company of BYD, and HERE is a link to their website.

HERE is a news item showing a massive new Chinese electric car factory that will be churning out 200,000 cars a year. 

China are going to be the country to beat if the rest of the world wants to compete in the production of electric vehicles.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:16 pm