Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Grenfell

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 251
    Registration date : 2015-05-09

Grenfell

Post by Gandhi on Sun 18 Jun 2017, 10:27 am

Astonishing on so many levels - loss of life, anger, politicisation....not a murmur from RoB (Shame on you paps - if it had happened in Scotland perhaps?)

What gets me is how everyone knows the answers even though they know nothing about building construction.

The recent refurbishment would have been signed off by the local council building control department. Find the signature and you have the man/woman responsible. Not Theresa May, Sadiq Khan, Boris Johnson, the construction company, the cladding suppliers, the architects....

Personally I think they should limit ALL buildings to 12 storeys. I wouldn't trust any government official with my safety

G
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12653
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Grenfell

Post by papa_umau on Sun 18 Jun 2017, 1:13 pm

I had considered writing about that awful disaster, but thought better of it as enough people were getting their oar in, including you, it would seem.

There are times when platitudes from the likes of ROB only serve to exacerbate the horror of such an event and that is why I decided not to jump onto that particular band-waggon.

I am sure that once the full enquiry is complete we should know more about what happened there, until then it is all conjecture.

Until then, all I can say is that I feel for your loss and hope that you all get some succour from some source.

Papa......

Current date/time is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 1:22 am