Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Bloody PFI again !

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12079
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Bloody PFI again !

Post by papa_umau on Thu 05 Feb 2009, 1:34 pm

In the long run this system of jam today and to hell with tomorrow is going to bankrupt whoever is in charge after the thirty year leases are up. I am sure that eventually the ENGLISH government will crack on to this one too.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Fri 06 Feb 2009, 10:51 am

Aren't they usually sold for a peppercorn sum at the end?

MotCo
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 06 Feb 2009, 12:00 pm

That's not the point; the fact that after paying up to ten times more than the original building cost via the PFI system is only exacerbated by the fact that they they will have to pay a further few millions as an option to purchase, is one step too far.

I think that by the time that ten times the original building cost has been paid in leasing fees it is twisting the knife in the wound of the taxpayer to have to pay out another few million pounds to finally buy a building that is - by that time - starting to wear out.

The whole system from start to finish is a rip off and nothing that you could say would make that any different.

Papa......

Post by Guest on Fri 06 Feb 2009, 3:24 pm

That's OK, I know you don't understand finance.

Maybe the reason you are so bitter about it is that you were one of the civil servants that negotiated the contract terms!

I think we should be told

MotCo

Post by Guest on Wed 04 Mar 2009, 10:28 am

{Copy and paste}

When I last wrote about a possible PFI bailout i assumed the government would see sense and take on the projects them selves in a shock move government have decided out bail out PFI to the tune of 2bn

SNP Treasury spokesman Stewart Hosie said:

Its a "humiliation" for the government, adding: "Labour have bailed out the bankers, and now Alistair Darling seems set to prop-up PFI projects."
    He added: "Why is public money being used to prop up a failing system that gives such a bad return compared to traditional public procurement?"

Liberal Democrat Treasury spokesman Vince Cable said:

The government should consider going back to more traditional public financing structures rather than propping up PFI.

"The whole thing has become terrible opaque and dishonest and it's a way of hiding obligations,"

"PFI has now largely broken down and we are in the ludicrous situation where the government is having to provide the funds for the private finance initiative."

Labour backbencher David Taylor said:

]"It's a bit of a climbdown really. It's deeply ironic that public funds are needed to save the private finance initiative."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7920522.stm
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 04 Mar 2009, 10:35 am

You are wasting your time and fingertip skin there Merlinz as our Motco is far too entrenched to even try to see the truth of the argument.

I might suggest that you both look at my new post this morning entitled..."PFI now looking for 13 billion bailout!"

Papa......

Post by Guest on Wed 04 Mar 2009, 10:39 am

PFI now looking for 13 billion bailout!"

I cant find it ?

Boy you are off the mark today..I haven't written it yet. Just going to now ! cyclops

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 1:35 am