Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Glasgow airport parking charges a rip-off.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12115
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Glasgow airport parking charges a rip-off.

Post by papa_umau on Mon 01 May 2017, 11:29 am

A report to the Evening Times:

IN relation to the new charge for picking up and dropping off at Glasgow airport (Evening Times online April 25), its been called a cash cow and there is no other word for it.

No matter how the airport owners describe it this is a total rip off.

Its greed personified and Im disgusted the Scottish Govt didnt get involved in this.

On Easter Monday at 8.30 pm I was there picking up folk and it was absolute bedlam.

Of the three lanes going past the present drop off point two were completely blocked by parked vehicles.

Getting into car park two was worse. There are three barriers from where you get a ticket and then the access filters into one lane.

There was a mega tailback here and after a lady had decided to stop her Audi A3 in the single lane this caused further mayhem.

If they werent so money grabbing and there were no barriers the traffic, with the help of a warden or two, the system, though expensive, would run fine.

Read more on this from The Evening Times HERE

Yes, parking charges at airports have become an intolerable burden and I too see no reason why the Scottish government cannot intervene in order to make these charges fairer and better organised.

OR.. does that sound too much like common sense ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2527
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Glasgow airport parking charges a rip-off.

Post by zathrus on Thu 04 May 2017, 10:29 am

I was reading today that there has been a petition raised about these stupid charges.

Glasgow airport is not the only one that fleeces the passengers and visitors by expensive parking charges.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 05 May 2017, 11:42 am

Yes, parking charges at all of Britain's airports keep rising all the time, but this crazy plan at Glasgow airport is causing massive tailbacks right onto the nearby M8 motorway.

This policy should be scrapped right now before there is loss of life because of cars waiting to get into the airport backing up onto the motorway.

Anybody that wants to put this petition into their Facebook page - as I have already done - or who simply wants to sign the petition can do it HERE

Papa......

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 251
    Registration date : 2015-05-09

Post by Gandhi on Fri 05 May 2017, 1:59 pm

2??? Luxury. We used to dream of paying 2 - we get stung 3 for 10 miutes and 1 a minute thereafter.

I prefer direct action - simply ask the passenger to get out of the car, raise the barrier by hand and drive through without paying this 'tax'. Thats the only sort of language these people understand.

G
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 06 May 2017, 11:46 am

It's just a matter of severity, as I am sure that many people could show airport parking charges rip-offs if they were asked.

I am just drawing attention to the particular rip-off at Glasgow airport.

"Two wrongs never made a right" is the effective saying here, as far as this is concerned.

I would not, nevertheless suggest that people should break the law by trying to raise the barrier by hand, especially as many electric barriers will not work manually.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2406
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 06 May 2017, 12:17 pm

It is the high cost of parking at airports that has given rise to the off-airport long stay carparks.

Even these are now almost too expensive to use when the cost of fuel to the airport car-park is added to the long-stay car park costs.

Many people now prefer to get a taxi to and from the airport as this is now comparable to taking your car and parking it long-stay.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 07 May 2017, 11:51 am

Yes, my dear, that is how I did it on my last trip to Lanzarote; it was taxi both ways from central Scotland to Glasgow airport and I worked it out that I saved about a tenner by doing it that way. A greater distance from the airport in a taxi would obviously incur greater costs.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 28 Jul 2017, 5:56 pm