Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Christianity dropping while Islam grows in Britain.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12578
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Christianity dropping while Islam grows in Britain.

Post by papa_umau on Mon 17 Apr 2017, 11:49 am

Christian worship plummets in Britain as Muslim following rockets by 72 per cent.

A GOVERNMENT report has revealed that Christianity is on the wane in Britain dropping to record lows while the number of those following the Muslim faith has rocketed by 72 per cent.

And the decline in Christianity has fallen from 40.2million down to 36.1m with further declines projected.

Christianity is still the largest faith group in the UK by a significant margin but those falling away from the church are increasing in numbers and more has to be done by faith leaders to prevent further decline, says the report.

The Casey Review published earlier this month shows that Islam is now the largest non-Christian religious population in the UK.

Get the full surprising story from The Daily Express HERE

As an atheist and secularist I have been watching closely how certain religions have been growing and others have been losing their followers at high rates.

It appears that the Protestant Christian following is dropping fast and the ages of those who attend services is now averaging 64 years.

The Catholic church is more robust and even although this branch of Christianity is also waning in places across the world, the Catholic church hierarchy are still working very hard in order to hold on to it's followers.

The surprising news in Britain is that Islam is now growing fast and I find it rather disturbing that this faith system is now the greatest of the religions in Britain after the Christian ones.

Has any of the Robsters any idea as to what is going on here ?

Last edited by papa_umau on Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2661
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Christianity dropping while Islam grows in Britain.

Post by zathrus on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 11:24 am

Back on your favourite subject I see, Paps.

Why the following of Islam is growing while the Protestant Christian church is declining is a wonder that is well over my head.

Might I suggest that the massive advertising that Islam gets via the troubles in the Middle East is making this branch of worship more attractive to many of the youngsters that are seriously lacking in the Christian churches.

Young people have always been attracted to anything that breaks the bonds with conformity.
    Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1284
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 3:38 pm

I have to agree with Zathras, Islam is currently 'Faith of the Month', but Christianity has ceased to engage the British people for many years now, except on the Evangelical Movements, such as the Baptists and Pentecostals. the Established Church (Anglican) seems to be struggling, and also Methodists and Congretational Churches. I can't speak for smaller Churches though.

Personally, not following any of them, although not Atheist.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 1:05 pm

As an atheist myself, I would go further, and say that many of the spin-off churches attached to Christianity are little more than sects.

I agree that the base-line Protestant-Christian churches are now so far removed from their congregations it is no surprise that they are losing followers in their droves.

I must say that the rise in the Islamic faith does make me a bit nervous as all of those new young members are ripe for radicalisation by the in-built extremists.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 22 Apr 2017, 11:22 am

Yes, I wonder what these young people are interested in that makes them are go over to the Islamic faith ?

As far as the Christian religion is concerned I think they could learn a lot from the Gospel churches as they are happy places were people can praise their Lord by standing on their feet and clapping and singing and even dancing to their hearts delight.

It is just a shame that the Gospel churches are steered more towards the black community as although many whites would love to go to the Gospel churches they might not feel comfortable doing that.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 23 Apr 2017, 12:20 pm

You may be pleased to hear, Angie and HG, that nowadays, more and more "whites" are actually being attracted to the Gospel-type churches.

HERE is an article from The Guardian that says that the Pentecostal churches, which are mostly black, are now attracting more and more whites to their ways of worship.

I can understand why this should be happening as the Pentecostal churches are as close as we get in Britain to the "Gospel" churches of America.

HERE is another link that shows the expansion of the Gospel, ( Evangelistic and Baptist ), churches in Britain.

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Post by Hell's Granny on Mon 24 Apr 2017, 11:54 am

Personally, being Pagan, if I were to attend any Christian worship, it would be with Quakers.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 25 Apr 2017, 11:08 am

That's interesting HG.

Are you saying that The Quakers happily accept Pagans into their flocks ?

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Post by Hell's Granny on Wed 26 Apr 2017, 11:56 am

The Quakers I have me say that anybody of any faith is welcome.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 27 Apr 2017, 12:07 pm

I guess that is just good marketing.

The thing is that once any person, who is not a Quaker by inclination, joins the Quaker flocks, they might find that a few of their practices are not so easy to accept.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 23 Nov 2017, 2:44 pm