Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

More than 900 carers lost every day.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12447
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

More than 900 carers lost every day.

Post by papa_umau on Tue 11 Apr 2017, 11:26 am

Social care system 'beginning to collapse' as 900 carers quit every day

More than 900 adult social care workers a day quit their job in England last year, new figures reveal.

Service providers warn that growing staff shortages mean vulnerable people are receiving poorer levels of care.

In a letter to the prime minister, the chairman of the UK Homecare Association said the adult social care system - which applies to those over the age of 18 - has begun to collapse.

Read the full story from The BBC HERE

Maybe I am just a cynic - as usual - but what I see here is a privatised system not paying their carers enough money to do the job and that job being cut and cut in time allowed so that these carers are simply unable to do what is required of them to do in the time provided. No wonder they are leaving in droves.

Reading that report from The BBC it seems that the privatised providers are lobbying the government so that they get more money to pay for that job, but all they really want is more profits.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2610
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: More than 900 carers lost every day.

Post by zathrus on Thu 13 Apr 2017, 12:20 pm

Once again Paps, first with the news.

I think that it is totally obvious that this is happening because the carers will just not work for slave wages.

Do these idiots not know this and are the government paymasters not aware either ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 14 Apr 2017, 11:36 am

Yes mate, I try my best to get the news before it hits the streets or the telly.

The fact that almost a thousand carers are lost EVERY DAY in Britain is an indictment that something is seriously wrong.

My solutions are:

1). Pay these people at least the living wage.
    2). Give the carers more than fifteen minutes, ( the norm ), to do what they have to for each client, as it is impossible to carry out a decent service in fifteen minutes.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2501
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 15 Apr 2017, 11:57 am

I noticed that the alzheimers-society has reacted to this news and it has it's own input to this scandal.

Alzheimer’s Society’s own research has shown for the carers who don’t leave under the pressures of low pay and zero hours contracts, accessing adequate dementia training is an uphill struggle. 43% of homecare workers have asked for further dementia training, but in more than half (54%) of those cases this was turned down. Only 2% of people affected by dementia say homecare workers have enough dementia training.

Read more on this here: http://thecareruk.com/alzheimers-society-reacts-to-figures-revealing-900-carers-quit-every-day/

.................................................................................

It is bad enough that many carers have to deal with the physical ailments when they try to do their job, but trying to deal with dementia patients must be the hardest job in the NHS.

It is time that these great people were given the support that they need to do that job instead of rushing them through their day, not paying them enough, and not training them to deal with such difficult patients.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 16 Apr 2017, 12:27 pm

Thanks for that Angie, as it is true that the private companies who employ people to do that job want it done on the cheap and without having to lay out for proper training.

Its a racket and it should be stopped.

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1284
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Thu 20 Apr 2017, 3:54 pm

Not just carers, but also doctors and nurses are either leaving or going Locum in order to get enough money to live.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 21 Apr 2017, 12:55 pm

You are so right about that, even if I think that the consultants get quite enough money for what they do.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 17 Oct 2017, 9:29 pm