Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Another expense for Brexit.

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2573
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Another expense for Brexit.

Post by Angie baby on Sun 02 Apr 2017, 1:08 pm

Post-Brexit plan to spend £500m 'bringing back blue passports' is already under way.
    Brexiteers celebrate as Home Office confirms redesign project coincides with leaving EU.

The Home Office has confirmed it will spend almost £500 million redesigning passports for British citizens once the UK has left the European Union, paving the way for a possible return to the old dark-blue style.

Since the referendum last June, some pro-Brexit MPs and campaign groups have called for the return of blue passports to replace the current burgundy ones carried by all EU citizens.

The Home Office has invited businesses to apply for the £490 million redesign project, with the new passports set to come into existence in 2019 – although it stressed this is because the current contract is ending, rather than because of the exit process.

Read it all from The Independent here: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/brexit-plan-bring-back-blue-passports-500-million-home-office-redesign-project-a7662601.html

I have no clue why so much money has to be spent on private design companies to do this as surely the old design is still there and it just needs modernising with the added computer readability.

And, nobody has mentioned here how much it will cost to make these new passports as that will probably cost many more millions of pounds to do.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Another expense for Brexit.

Post by papa_umau on Mon 03 Apr 2017, 10:59 am

Thanks for the post and the link Angie.

I was expecting the new, blue, passports to cost a lot after Brexit, and this just supports my thinking.

Brexit is going to cost us many £Billions to get us out never mind the few thousands that the new passports are going to cost.

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1316
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Mon 03 Apr 2017, 2:24 pm

Why start this now, when there are far more important issues to deal with? Stupidity.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Tue 04 Apr 2017, 11:17 am

I agree HG

what I think is happening here is that the Brexiteers are being placated by this imperialistic move.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 12:50 pm