Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

"Holy Grail" site found ?

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

"Holy Grail" site found ?

Post by papa_umau on Wed 08 Mar 2017, 11:25 am

Holy Grail site FOUND? 700-year-old cave used by Knights Templar found behind rabbit hole.

A MYSTERIOUS underground place of worship has been rediscovered after years buried underneath a farmers field.

The temple, once used by the secretive religious sect and believed to date back 700 years, was found behind a rabbit hole in the Shropshire countryside.

It is thought the cave was used by the Knights Templar after their sect was literally forced underground by King Philip IV of France when he publicly burnt several of its prominent members at the stake.

Get the full story from The Daily Express HERE

The Knights Templars were a very powerful and top-secret organisation long before the term "top secret" was an everyday term.

I believe that we have only just scraped the surface of what this group got up to during the history of Britain.

Finding this site is another step towards understanding the Knights Templar.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: "Holy Grail" site found ?

Post by zathrus on Thu 09 Mar 2017, 12:02 pm

I have read a bit about this lot, and even although they started off as a band of brothers in poverty they very quickly became one of the richest and most powerful religious and military organisations in the world.

Even the Masonic Order have connections to this organisation and many very important people around the world consider themselves to be members of this ancient group.

Here is a Wikipedia view of this order. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knights_Templar_(Freemasonry)

Some even say that they were part of the core of the infamous Illuminati. See this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illuminati
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 10 Mar 2017, 11:53 am

Thanks for the links Zathrus.

It is true that the Knights Templar have had a very colourful history over many years.

I hope that a few good artifacts are found in that site even if the "Holy Grail" will not be one of them.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2501
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 12:35 pm

Secret societies are just a nuisance in everyday life as we don't really know what they get up to.

My uncle, who is a Mason, tells me that the Masonic lodge does a lot of great charity work and does not let it be known.
    Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1284
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Sat 11 Mar 2017, 1:24 pm

The Knights Templar became one of the greatest bankers to the Crusades; another reason for the Vatican to suppress the Order.

Bit bothered by the candles in the caves though; if there isn't adequate ventilation there is a risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 12 Mar 2017, 12:40 pm

Yes my dear, and I think they also introduced the first paper money in their banking expertise.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 5:09 pm