Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Camden councill does'nt let me read my meters.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11956
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Camden councill does'nt let me read my meters.

Post by papa_umau on Mon 20 Feb 2017, 12:30 pm

Here's a consumer story that blew my mind this morning.

Camden comedy as council doesn’t let me read my meter

Local authority keeps our meter cupboard locked and says electricity firms need to pay for keys – meanwhile, residents and caretakers are not allowed access.

I, ( a Guardian reader ), live in a Camden council block of flats but have been unable to read my electricity meter for seven years and therefore have no idea whether my bills are accurate or not.

There is a cupboard that contains all the flats’ meters but it is locked, and Camden council will not allow residents or caretakers access.

The council tells me all electricity companies have been issued with keys for this cupboard (and others in its area); however, when the meter readers arrive, their keys don’t work or they say they don’t have them.

Get the full shocking story from The Guardian online HERE

I am prompted to ask what the hell is going on here, as I have never heard of this one from any other council area.

This might be fine if the council are going to pay for the new smart meters, ( which are at the moment being rolled out across the country ), but something tells me they are not going to do this.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2488
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Camden councill does'nt let me read my meters.

Post by zathrus on Fri 24 Feb 2017, 12:10 pm

The smart meters that are being rolled out all over Britain are free for installation, so the councils will not have to subsidise them.

Mind you I can see the problem there as if the meter-readers cannot get access to the meters and the customer cannot get into the meter cupboard to read the meters either the dual-fuel companies cannot be blamed for sending estimated bills.

What a racket.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11956
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Sat 25 Feb 2017, 11:19 am

I suppose that a meter cupboard that has access to many meters for different flats is better to keep secure until the meter readers actually do the reading.

Smart meters should totally solve this problem.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 27 Jun 2017, 4:31 pm