Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Are the space-age Dyson Fans worth the money ?

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11956
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Are the space-age Dyson Fans worth the money ?

Post by papa_umau on Mon 13 Feb 2017, 11:44 am

Are the Dyson Hot and Cool fan heaters worth the price? Which? review the Dyson AM09 and AM05 fan heaters.

From the sounds of Dyson’s marketing claims, you would think that the Dyson Hot and Cool AM05 and AM09 are the end-all of electric heaters. They heat, they cool and, according to Dyson, are ‘unrivalled’. But are these claims true and should you buy one?

Here's what they look like, and a round one is available too.

Read the full review from Which? HERE

There is no doubt that these strange heaters and coolers are impressive to look at and only Dyson could have designed anything so modernistic and yet practical.

If you read the story found in the link, above, you will find out how they work and you will also find out how high the prices are.

I honestly feel that, just like their impressive Dyson vacuum-cleaners, they are quite revolutionary in design and manufacture, but they are all just too expensive yet.

Once the "snob" effect has worn off we may find that these marvellous machines will drop in price.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2488
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Are the space-age Dyson Fans worth the money ?

Post by zathrus on Thu 16 Feb 2017, 11:39 am

Yeah, they are weird looking things.

I am sure that if Dyson wants to sell large numbers of these new heaters, coolers, and even their hairdryers, they are going to have to start to bring down the prices.

Their vacuum cleaners have dropped in price, but I think that is because some of the Dyson competitors seem to have been able to copy that technology.

I am surprised that Dyson has allowed this to happen.

Maybe it is because the the technology is now in the public domain ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 17 Feb 2017, 12:18 pm

Probably the case that the patents on his vacuum cleaners have come to an end.

We may have to wait until the same happens with his heaters/coolers and hairdryers before they become more affordable too.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2377
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 18 Feb 2017, 12:11 pm

I have always fancied these fans but I am not going to buy one until they come down in price.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 19 Feb 2017, 12:19 pm

Dyson is not daft as he knows that people with money will love to purchase his latest inventions and innovations, but once that market, ( the snob market I call it ), has been saturated he knows only too well that the prices will HAVE TO come down.

Mind you, having Googled this question, I have found that Dyson has won a court battle with Hoover for copying his technology and he is now likely to get big money from the people who infringed his patents.

Read about this from The Independent online HERE

When I saw a number of vacuum cleaners coming onto the market from Hoover and Vax that were curiously similar to the Dyson design I thought that Dyson would get onto his lawyers about this, and now the report above proves that he has and is being successful at suing these biggies for intellectual theft.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 9:36 am