Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Jeremy Corbyn suggests maximum earnings limit.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12079
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Jeremy Corbyn suggests maximum earnings limit.

Post by papa_umau on Tue 10 Jan 2017, 11:34 am

Jeremy Corbyn says he would like to see a maximum cap on the amount people can earn.

The Labour leader said he thought introducing the limit would be "the fairer thing to do".

He said he was "not wedded to a figure" but told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "Let's look at it."

He also said the UK's levels of income disparity were getting worse, saying this cannot go on "if we want to live in a more egalitarian society".

Get more on this interview from the BBC News HERE

OK, he is just sounding like the left-winger he is here but it is true that the disparity between those at the top and those at the bottom is STILL getting bigger every day.

Lots of politicians of the past have said that they will do something about this "egalitarian" society, but when push comes to shove this scandal is never sorted out.

About time it was.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2520
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Jeremy Corbyn suggests maximum earnings limit.

Post by zathrus on Thu 12 Jan 2017, 12:12 pm

I have to agree Paps.

Corbyn is just fiddling about with politics as he is not sure how to go about his job as Leader of the Opposition.

It is so easy to sound as if he cares about the gulf between the poorest and the richest but it is a lot harder to actually do something about it.

Even Theresa May has been trying to kid us on that her Tories give a damn about the downtrodden in our society. I don't believe her either.
    Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 251
    Registration date : 2015-05-09

Post by Gandhi on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 8:48 am

Whilst I disagree with the idea, it was interesting how the media reacted - back to the same old Corbyn is an idiot headlines. What that says to me is that he actually has what it takes to bring labour back if the media would report things accurately. I also noticed yet again he ran rings round May at PMQ.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12079
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 13 Jan 2017, 11:38 am

You know that I am a Corbyn supporter, the thing is, I don't think he has enough hard-left supporters to win an election. Of course he knows this and that is why he has been throwing nice overtures to both the Labour Party and the SNP government in Scotland.

Oh and, saying that there should be an upper-end cap to incomes is just another clich that has been spouted by many Labour people before him.

The actual chance of it happening is less than a snowball's chance in hell.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2400
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 14 Jan 2017, 11:49 am

This country is just not far enough to the left any more for a person like Corbyn to win an election.

The last best-of-the-worst Labour politicians Tony Blair tried very hard to attract the centre ground voters when he dragged labour over to the centre-right. He succeeded in this twice.

Now Theresa May is also trying very hard to attract the very same demographic of voters to her version of Toryism as she appeals to the middle-of-the-road voters.

She is no Blair and she just does not have it in her to attract these "floating voters" to her side.

Corbyn is just to close to being a Communist to do this either.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 22 Jul 2017, 1:47 am