Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Thanks to Everyone !

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Thanks to Everyone !

Post by Nuthin fancy on Sat 03 Dec 2016, 6:35 pm

Hello All,

Just a note to you all. Myself and my good lady have made the decision to spend our time in India, and we fly off on January 13. We have a long term lease in Vasco da Gama in Goa, and shall be renting out our house. We have not 'left' the Uk in total, but if things work out as we hope then I do not envisage many journeys back.

I will be on line over there, but it all takes time, so I cannot give any time periods, but just to say thank you all for the debates !!.

The impetus for our move is the state of the UK. It seems to both of us now that democracy in this country is dying, particularly as the democratic vote to leave the EU is being thwarted at every opportunity. We both despair for the future over here, and I for one am no longer prepared to live here and fight for democracy when its being trampled on. Neither do I want to see my country split up by the antics of an arrogant SNP leader. I hope all goes well for Scotland, but I am afraid you are on a hiding to nothing with that woman and her party.

I shall look in from time to time, and if I can post when we are settled, but at least we will be out of the EU !!!

All the best to you all

Technicioan
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Thanks to Everyone !

Post by papa_umau on Sun 04 Dec 2016, 12:02 pm

That's sad Technician.

I hope you and your family have a lovely life where "the grass grows greener" in Goa. ( sorry for the alliteration ), sunny

As the internet is wonderfully world-wide I would hope that you might come back to us and tell us of your experiences in India.

If you don't, you will certainly be missed as one of our more thoughtful contributors.

Papa......

Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 2:33 pm