Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

President Elect Trump

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

President Elect Trump

Post by Nuthin fancy on Wed 09 Nov 2016, 9:31 am

Work opportunity: Message from President Elect Trump:

'Bricklayers required urgently for work on a wall.good rates of pay.May lead to future work on the British wall.Only Anglo Saxons need apply'.
    Happy days

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12344
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: President Elect Trump

Post by papa_umau on Wed 09 Nov 2016, 10:47 am

Yes, it appears, astoundingly, that the American people have elected the Trump beast to the presidency.

I shudder to the thought of that crazy guy carrying the launch codes in his briefcase.

Anyway....

I think the wall along the Southern border to keep out the Mexicans and others was just a ploy to appeal to the right-wingers in the deep South. Although that ploy seemed to have worked, everybody knows that walls can be burrowed under, climbed over and gone around by sea, and if the people South of that wall want to be Americans they will find a way to do it.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2585
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 10 Nov 2016, 11:17 am

Yep.

The thing is that many of the well off people in America are very happy to employ illegals as house-slaves and once - if it works at all - the flow of immigrants has been stopped, a lot of low-paid jobs will just not get filled by the neither-work-nor-want American bottom-end workers.

In fact it has been said that this result in America is very similar to what happened here with the Brexit vote.

As there will still be a lot of guns in the hands of extremist Americans all we can do is hope that one of them puts a bullet into that misogynist/racist/bully's head. affraid
    Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 251
    Registration date : 2015-05-09

Post by Gandhi on Fri 11 Nov 2016, 7:57 am

It is an under reported fact that the wall has been underconstruction since 2006 and is not in fact a Trump idea but one that can be traced to that well known loon GWBush

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico%E2%80%93United_States_barrier

Firstly this shows that most leave supporters never bother to check their facts
    Secondly they post it under 'British politics' when it is in fact 'Off topic'
    Thirdly it continues to promote the lie that Trump is a buffoon when in actual fact he is simply misreported by the establishment press (ask Jeremy Cprbyn about that one)

It would be preferable to know the views of our American correspondent Tuppence on this one

G
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 11 Nov 2016, 11:35 am

THAT wall is not actually a wall at all as it is a "barrier" made up of short walls, real fences and "virtual fences" where scanners and sensors do the job of detecting aliens approaching the border.

I think that Trump was meaning a wall from East to West.

Even if he did mean that I doubt very much if such a structure could ever get built.

Trump IS a "buffoon" in the same mould as our own Boris Johnson, except he is much more powerful and dangerous because of the politicians he has in his pocket and the fact that he is super-rich.

Something tells me that as he has no knowledge of politics he is going to be used and abused by the,movers and shakers in the Republican party.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2465
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 12 Nov 2016, 1:08 pm

Yes, I was shocked too that that a******e got elected by the Americans as their new president.

Mind my words: That man is not going to last a year never mind four years in that position as, unlike Hillary Clinton he has no knowledge of politics or of running anything bigger than the Trump organisation.

He does that because he is a true psychopath and because everybody below him in that organisation is afraid of him.

He will find that there are many more powerful individuals in the American Congress and Senate than he will ever be.

He is going to get a using right from the very start and if nobody puts a bullet in him he is going to fail miserably because of the fools that he is.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 13 Nov 2016, 12:15 pm

Strong stuff Angie, and I like that Scottish term "get a using" that you spoke of.

The people will already have seen on the news that in many American cities thousands of people are rioting on the streets over this man's election to the highest position in American politics.

Just like the complainants in British politics over Brexit - but much, much, worse - it seems that the Americans are not going to accept the democratic result of that election.

I do not think that America needs to go to such dangerous tactics over this as I am sure that very quickly after being elected Trump will see that he is out of his depth in trying to actually be a President without making a fool of himself every time he opens his mouth.

One thing is sure, and that is that it is going to be interesting to see just how well or badly he does in the weeks and months to come.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Post by Nuthin fancy on Sun 13 Nov 2016, 4:43 pm

Hi all,

Its a sense of 'Deja Vue'. Unfortunately in a 'democracy', and the Americans do know what that is in a way perhaps we are forgetting, they voted him in. End off.

The 'bitter wailing' is starting again from those who do not like the result. Looking at the images some features came to mind about the demonstrators.

They are predominantly young.

They have a smattering of celebrity endorsement ( 'Cher' for one, and I used to love her until I got ripped off big time attending one of her concerts !! )

They are focused upon the 'big city's'

See any similarites with the 'Remoaners' ???

Technician
    Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1278
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Sun 13 Nov 2016, 10:52 pm

Well America, You didn't give yourself much of a choice this time. One former First Lady with dubious credentials and a clown who has been several times bankrupt and who has zero political experience.

What a choice.

I'm so glad I am not in your shoes right now.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 14 Nov 2016, 10:24 am

It's really quite shocking that they only had the choices between a legally questionable and quite tired woman and a Misogynistic, racist, bully.

I wonder where all the potentially-great statesmen are in America if those two are their only choices.

It's so awful that you couldn't make it up in a fictional story.

Papa......

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Gandhi on Tue 15 Nov 2016, 7:49 am

The republicans had a choice between 22 candidates - they chose Trump

The democrats had less choice at 12 - they chose a woman who 'couldn't satisfy her own husband so how could she satisfy the country'

I would say it was a good illustration of democracy - the candidate most popular with the most people won

G
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 15 Nov 2016, 12:19 pm

Maybe that is all true, but I am sure that of all the choices available as potential candidates for that job from the Republicans many millions of people around the world are now wondering why they picked Trump as their representative.

After all. He had no experience of government or politics, he was an accepted sexist, misogynist, racist, and xenophobic hater of all things not acceptable to him.

Surely the Republicans could have found a better candidate from all of their experienced and centre-right-wing members.

Mrs Clinton was badly flawed too and that is why she could not beat Trump to the Whitehouse.

Never mind, if the world is not destroyed in the meantime, we only have to suffer Trump for four years.

Papa......

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Gandhi on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 8:02 am

As I said the media are not exactly giving him a fair hearing similar to what Jeremy Corbyn is receiving.

I know someone who worked for him in the 80s and thought him polite, likeable. What went on then is no guide to what will happen today. A businessman is no bad thing either - politics is just as strong in a commercial environment and after all - you have no experience of politics or power paps yet you see fit to pronounce on things you know nothing about. How is it you put it - you don't need to put your hand in the fire to know it will burn you?

The words 'pot', 'kettle' and 'black' spring to mind in some sort of sentence

G
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 22 Nov 2016, 11:12 am

As a businessman, he will be expecting his great riches to influence what he wants to do as the President but even although "cash is still king" in America it should have no place in democracy.

The media are simply reporting him as he wanted to be reported as he never, ever, tried to be anything more than himself when he dragged all of the hard right-wing voters his way and into the ballot box.

He was and is a president for the unhappy, feeling done over, and unsatisfied of all of the right-wing workers and that is how he beat Clinton. His campaign was a populist one using techniques not unlike the ones that Blair used when he dragged the labour party over to the right in two landslide victories.

Having said thaat, I am sure that once the "movers and shakers" in the republican party mould Trump into an acceptable right-winger we will see many if not all of his racist, misogynist and xenophobic views watered down until he will not be recognisable by the people who put him into office.

In fact this process has already started.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 23 Sep 2017, 5:37 pm