Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The jungle torn down.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12115
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

The jungle torn down.

Post by papa_umau on Mon 24 Oct 2016, 11:24 am

Calais migrants: France begins to clear 'Jungle' camp

More than 1,200 police and officials in France have begun an operation to clear the "Jungle" migrant camp in Calais.

The camp has been housing at least 7,000 people in squalid conditions.

Migrants queued peacefully to be processed, and the first of some 60 coaches that will carry them to refugee centres across France have now left.

Read all the news on this subject from The BBC HERE

Although I am sure many of the French will be happy about this I feel that it smacks of the days of the pogrom, only this time it is against refugees from the war-torn regions of the Middle East instead of being perpetrated by the Russian State on the Jews.

The reports tells of them being forcibly going to "refugee centres" across France, but is this not just another way of dispersing a problem by breaking it up ?

Surely the best way to deal with such problems is to offer the displaced people in this camp a choice of places to go in the European union so that at least they are not being forced into ghettos against their will.

Britain has started to take "children" up to eighteen years old, who are alone in the camp, but while this is to be admired it is just scratching the surface of the problem.

Any thoughts Robsters ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2527
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: The jungle torn down.

Post by zathrus on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 11:13 am

The thing is, that all they have done is scattered thousands of refugees around the countryside who plant to come back to Calais once things quiet down.

The problem is still there, all that has happened is that it has moved all over France and to other channel ports.
    Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Post by Nuthin fancy on Thu 27 Oct 2016, 7:54 pm

Hi all,

It sure is a mess. I have no problems with taking 'children' if they have family over here, but the process is a joke.

There are some very old children being paraded around on the telly. Funny that they are all single young men aint it ?

If they are true refugees they should take refuge in the FIRST safe country they arrive in. Ask yourself why none of the Arab countries have offered to take any of these people ?. That would be a better cultural adjustment for them I am sure.

Other than that I am quite happy to donate to the cost of transport to send them back home where they can help defend and sort out their own countries.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12115
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 28 Oct 2016, 11:31 am

Yes, it certainly is a "mess".

It was said on the news yesterday that there were large numbers of unattached "children" wandering round what was left of the camp and sleeping outside, on the ground, by the roadside.

Surely the French and the British authorities can round them up and put them into care until they can be found decent homes.

There has been a problem of deciding who were children and who were not, ( under the age of seventeen I believe ), but there are large numbers of OBVIOUS children at risk there.

I also wonder about the "all young men" people that are amongst the refugees, but I put that down to the fact that young men are more able to look after themselves than children, women or old people can and that is why there is so many of this demographic in France.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 28 Jul 2017, 6:04 pm