Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Russia's navy through the English Channel en-route to attack Syria

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2465
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Russia's navy through the English Channel en-route to attack Syria

Post by Angie baby on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 12:25 pm

"Watch out Russians - a firebreathing Dragon is coming to get you!
    State-of-the-art Royal Navy destroyer is on its way to make sure Putin's attack fleet leave English Channel"

So said a headline in today's Daily Mail, but I have to ask if they are kidding as we don't have a proper navy left and we don't even have one working aircraft carrier to show Putin in this sabre-rattling move of his.

Of course he knows that we don't have any working aircraft carriers and he is just showing off his flagship Admiral Kuznesov carrier to put the point to us.

Find the full article from The Mail online here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3858514/Russia-s-attack-fleet-closes-Dover-Putin-s-warships-prepare-enter-English-Channel-TODAY-way-launch-strikes-Syria.html

As Technician said, Putin is getting very aggressive in what he does, and he wants to show that the sanctions that are piling up on Russia are having no effect on him.

I just wonder how far Putin is prepared to go to shore up the murderous Syrian government and his friend Assad ?

What do you good peeps think.
    Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Russia

Post by Nuthin fancy on Sat 22 Oct 2016, 2:07 pm

Hi all,

I think you are correct Angie. He is certaily showing his might. One point, from all accounts I have heard that carrier of theirs that went through the channel is a total rust bucket. Plumbing does not work, engines knackerd, and it has a large ocean going tug following it in case it breaks down !. However,

I feel sorry for our military, as if the muck does hit the fan, despite our brave men and women being put in the firing line I have a nasty feeling we have so decimated our armed forced we would have ahell of a hard job putting up a fight.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12332
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Russia's navy through the English Channel en-route to attack Syria

Post by papa_umau on Sun 23 Oct 2016, 12:58 pm

The Tories, while they decimate the spending on our battlefield capability, and are going to have to buy American planes at 2,000,000 a pop to put on our unfinished Aircraft carriers, they are happy to spend from twenty billion pounds up to one hundred billion pounds on the next fleet of three nuclear-capable Trident subs.

It appears that while we will not be able to fight a conventional war this government are happy that the continuation of a possibility of a third world war with the main weapons being nuclear bombs as a deterrent is the right way to go.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Re: Russia's navy through the English Channel en-route to attack Syria

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 19 Sep 2017, 11:32 pm