Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Natwest to close Russian accounts.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12466
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Natwest to close Russian accounts.

Post by papa_umau on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 11:35 am

RT: NatWest to close Russian channel's UK bank accounts

The bank said the decision was "not taken lightly" and that the accounts were "still operative" at present.

An MP from Russia's ruling party has said its parliament will demand an explanation from the UK.

RT says the entire Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) Group, of which NatWest is part, is refusing to provide its services.

See it all HERE from the online BBC

I wonder what is behind this decision, and is it the fact that Russia are supporting the cruel government regime in Syria and are bombing hospitals and churches indiscriminately to attempt to kill anti-government rebels ?

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Russian bank Accounts

Post by Nuthin fancy on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 2:51 pm

Hi All,

Don't know if you noticed, there is a lot in the papers about Russian agression, and I would not be surprised if Putin is gunnin for a fight.

Very worrying, but then I do not think that the USA is helping the situation either. The longer this massacre goes on in Syria then the probability of escalation to the THIRD woerd war is a possibility. I thought this was scaremongering, but in all honesty it is worrying. One thing, if they do start lobbing nukes at Western Europe the whole issue of leaving the EU and Scotlands independence will be a back burner issue, as there may be nothing left.

I have come to my own decision on this. If they nuke the UK and I can do nothing about it then its curtains; but if its a war and the Russians invade then I am determined to go out fighting in any way I can to protect my home and family, and I will most certainly take one of the b*ggers with me !!

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Re: Natwest to close Russian accounts.

Post by papa_umau on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 11:22 am

I am with you there Technician.

It is a horrible thought that we may find ourselves caught up in a third world war over Syria, but I hope that Putin is just doing a bit of sabre rattling here as he knows that "MAD", ( Mutually Assured Destruction ) in a nuclear war is still in existence.

As obnoxious as he might be I don't think he is going to do anything to risk Russia's future.

Eventually, if enough sanctions are piled on him he may have to eventually cut Assad loose so that the war can be properly fought against IS.

Soon Syria is going to be so badly damaged that there will be nothing left for Assad to call his own anyway.

Already a big ground battle has ensued between I.S. the Peshmerga ( Kurdish ) army, the Iraqi army and a few Americans in the fight to liberate Mosul.

Last edited by papa_umau on Fri 21 Oct 2016, 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 12:20 pm

Yes, that battle to liberate Mosul was given a lot of the BBC news time yesterday.

I would love to see the IS maniacs in Iraq caught in a three way pincer movement by the Kurds in the North-East, the Iraqi army in the South and British and American troops in the West.

Simply bombing Mosul into rubble to try to get at the Daesh terrorists will just produce as many deaths and refugees as has been produced in Syria.

One thing that the Islamic State terrorists are good at is using innocent civilians as human shields.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 21 Oct 2016, 12:50 pm

And, of course the final outlook will be that the thousands of IS fighters that are active at present might be reduced to just a few hundred who will simply go underground, popping up to kill with suicide vests and IEDs.

True terrorists very seldom have enough numbers or finances to wage all-out war but they will still commit murder by a war of attrition until Islam truly disowns them world-wide.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 7:16 am