Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Theresa May trying to do a Blair.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12344
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Theresa May trying to do a Blair.

Post by papa_umau on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 12:20 pm

Theresa May: "I'll use power of state to build fairer Britain".

The Conservatives will use the power of government to "restore fairness" in Britain and spread prosperity more widely, Theresa May has said.

The prime minister told the party's conference the UK must change after the "quiet revolution" of the Brexit vote, urging people to "seize the day".

Labour were now seen as the "nasty party" and only the Tories would "stand up for the weak... up to the powerful".

The state should be a "force for good" to help working people, she argued.

Read the full report from The Conservative Conference from The BBC HERE

I watched most of her keynote speech yesterday and I was surprised to see the whole hall rise to their feet after she finished sounding more like a Labour PM than a Tory one.

Most of her speech was designed to draw the voters from the middle ground back to voting for the Tories that voted with Tony Blair during his two landslide victories with New-Labour.

If she can actually do a "Blair" then I will admit that she is a very clever woman, but I still do not think that she is a centric Tory leader as I think she is doing just what is expected of her in order to draw votes back to the Tories.

Can anybody else see this ?

Last edited by papa_umau on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Re: Theresa May trying to do a Blair.

Post by Nuthin fancy on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 2:56 pm

Hi All,

Some good points Paps. I am not holding my breath on this one. She seems to be talking the talk, but we have seen little action. Of course she is keeping sweet the Brexiteers, but it remins to be seen again if she delivers.

She did sweet b*gger all as the Home Sec, so we shall have to wait and see. I know your mate Nicola hates her guts, but that's nothing new as she hates everyones guts!!. IF May keeps to her word, then I do think the Tory's will have pulled off a great coup.

UKIP will be in turmoil, Labour all but finished and the Lib Dems the total Iirrelevance they always were.

One point bugging me Paps ( hope you don't mind ! ) .

You mentioned that you dd not want Scotland to be ruled by a remote Westminster anymore.....From a geographical standpoint this should not matter, ie you could say California is ruled by a remote Washington, but its still in the union.

If on the other hand you mean a remote government that does not support the Scottish agenda why do you think it would be any better served by a 'remote Brussels' and Eurocrats in the EU who are geographically and policialy poles apart from Scotland !!. Just does not make sense to me !

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 9:52 am

No, I don't mind one bit Technician.

You see, it is all about choice, where once we are free from Westminster diktat we can choose any kind of a membership that we want from the EU.

Once free to negotiate, it will be up to us to hammer out a deal that will be good for Scotland.

While I would like to see a United States of Europe, based on the American model, and I would also
    like to see Scotland as one of these sovereign states, just like the individual states are in America, we would mostly rule ourselves and we would not accept any laws that were made in this USE if they contravened our own laws.

This would be a whole new ballgame and even now, most of it is still pure speculation, as we don't know exactly where we might stand in this new setup of government.

I do know one thing: Once we are free from almost all of the government from England, just like UKIP, after Brexit, would be free from the diktats of Europe as they stand, sovereignty would once again be the law of the day for both of us.

Last edited by papa_umau on Sat 08 Oct 2016, 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2585
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Fri 07 Oct 2016, 10:15 am

I too live in the North and I would like to see the Northern cities getting a better deal from Westminster.

It is a shame that we do not have anything like your SNP up here Paps.

The likes of May keeps promising us autonomy in government, but all we get are the dregs of what is left after Westminster gets the lions' share of the cash and the development.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 08 Oct 2016, 1:18 pm

Yes, it would be good to see a strong party in the North of England that might fight for proper devolution there.

The only party I can find that looks even a bit like this is the YORKSHIRE FIRST party.

HERE is their official website address.

Someone there needs to organise the people of The North so that they have a proper representation in the Westminster political scene.

Any of you Northerners fancy a challenge ?

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2465
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sun 09 Oct 2016, 12:26 pm

That's interesting Papa.

Mind you, I don't think that the people of the North will ever form up a Northern party to beat your SNP.

Getting back to Theresa May: I will never take in what she is promising until I see it in their next manifesto.

Won't be long now until the general election.
    Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1278
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Sun 09 Oct 2016, 2:52 pm

if she hasn't announced otherwise, it will be May 2020. Too long in my opinion.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 10 Oct 2016, 11:02 am

Yes HG, you are right "that is a long time".

In fact the long period of time may actually be a good thing in two ways.

1). It gives the Tory party enough time to destroy themselves if Theresa May hopes to take the party to the centre-left.

And....

2). It will give Corbyn plenty of time to draw the party together to try to sound and look like it should be in power.

Last edited by papa_umau on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 251
    Registration date : 2015-05-09

Post by Gandhi on Wed 12 Oct 2016, 9:32 pm

The concept of a northern england assembly was put to the vote and soundly rejected

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_England_devolution_referendums,_2004

Devolution is all about 'divide and rule' and should be soundly rejected - we are a sheep like people and work best when huddled together. Only the thicko brexiteers fail to understand that.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 11:38 am

Gandhi wrote:The concept of a northern england assembly was put to the vote and soundly rejected

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_England_devolution_referendums,_2004

Devolution is all about 'divide and rule' and should be soundly rejected - we are a sheep like people and work best when huddled together. Only the thicko brexiteers fail to understand that.

The concept of a Northern England assembly was not "rejected" by the people of the North, it was rejected by the people who voted it down in The Commons.

As usual you feel the need to insult the people of Britain as a whole when you say that they "sheeplike", and you also feel the need to name-call when you give a derogatory description of The Brexiteers. as "THICKO".

Can you not discuss anything without throwing cheap insults about as you denigrate the wishes of people who are different from you ?

Papa......

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 251
    Registration date : 2015-05-09

Post by Gandhi on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 6:31 pm

Did you even bother to read the link Paps? The vote wasn't in westminster.

G
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 14 Oct 2016, 11:30 am

So, was it voted down in a referendum in the North ? as if it wasn't then it was the politico's that killed it and not the people of the North.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content