Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Gambling with Scotlands Future

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Gambling with Scotlands Future

Post by Nuthin fancy on Tue 09 Aug 2016, 12:33 pm

Hi All,

I know the nationalists on her won't like this one little bit, but how much longer are you going to tollerate this poisoned dwarf aiming a wrecking ball at proud Scotland ?. I always knew oil would be a problem, but this latest report does not look good for queen Nicola'

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/698020/sturgeon-independent-scotland-oil-curse

Technician

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Gambling with Scotlands Future

Post by papa_umau on Wed 10 Aug 2016, 10:53 am

"Poisoned dwarf" eh ?

That's a lot of vitriol against a woman that is just doing the best she can with what she has to work on.

There is no doubt that the oil problems are definitely going to make the acquisition of independence more difficult as Aberdeen is being hit hard by this downturn.

Having said that, the only way that we in Scotland are going to benefit from oil is if the taxation that Westminster gets for "Britain's oil" goes back to us after independence.

Westminster have taken and taken from the North Sea financial income but Britain has nothing to show for these billions of pounds of fiscal input after Westminster has burned it all away.

Once we do get the tax that will come from Scotland's oil the SNP have promised that they will start an oil-fund just like Denmark and Sweden have with their oil revenues.

All that aside, we Scots know that on our own we will generate enough income to be able to run our country how we like.

You were happy for Britain to get out of the EU, so why are you denying us the exact-same future as we get out of this useless union.

Double-standards I call it.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Wed 10 Aug 2016, 2:03 pm

Hi all,

NOT double standards by any means but ruination for Scotland I am afraid, which I for one would be sad to see.

A lot of people in the rest of the UK would only be too happy for you to go your own way in Scotland as they see the country as a burden.

What puzzels a lot of folk in the rest of the UK is that the SNP want 'independence' at any cost and the are willing to give it all away again be being ruled by an undemocratic, corrupt EU with a failing currency...Sheer madness!!!.

There ARE serious concerns here that Scotland could be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire...all because Sturgeon and the SNP hate the English. And yes Scotland is still part of BRITAIN and needs to accept the majority BRITISH vote for out.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 4:43 pm

Your words are very strong there Technician but I do not think that either Sturgeon or Scotland actually hate the English even if we do not want to be controlled by Westminster any more.

Yes, Scotland is going through a bad patch at the moment but you should know that the Scots people will do what needs to be done to get us over this difficult time.

Just like you think that Britain does not need Europe to be successful, Scotland does not need Westminster calling the shots to be successful either.

Don't worry about us Technician as we will look after our own needs all by ourself.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2510
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sun 14 Aug 2016, 12:36 pm

My family come from Scotland, and although I am a born Englishwoman I have always respected how Scotland rules itself.

We are all going through hard times at the moment and Scotland is no better, but I have confidence that once Scotland gets it's freedom it will make a better success of things than the Tories have in England and wales.
    Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1284
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Sun 14 Aug 2016, 1:39 pm

I have absolutely No problem with Ms Sturgeon or Scotland; I think it should be free to do what it likes. (just as long as I can get Haggis!) Very Happy
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 15 Aug 2016, 12:19 pm

The controlling country always do not want to let go of satellites, as Ukraine, The Basques region, and many other breakaway states need to get the freedom they want instead of having to shed blood to do it.

At least, when Scotland eventually gets it's freedom, as it WILL do, it will be achieved by normal democracy.

Even if I have to send you the haggis myself you will not be denied that delicacy. Twisted Evil

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1284
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Mon 15 Aug 2016, 2:15 pm

Thank you, good Sir!

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Scotland

Post by Nuthin fancy on Mon 15 Aug 2016, 3:03 pm

Hi all,

Once again I am heavily 'out gunned' on here.!

I truly believe that if Scotland goes it alone, and if you rush hell bent into the failing EU the country will live to regret it.

I think it will be a ruddy disaster, and that is NOT saying that I don't agree with folks wanting a independednt Scotland. I wish you could make a go of it, and in fact you may well do; but I fear greatly that under the yolk of the SNP and the English haters Salmond and Sturgeon you have a bunch of folks who are just interested in their own political futures and power.

I think they are doing you no favours, but if the populace speaks and wants them so be it. That is democracy. Something you will not find in the EU I may add!.

Before I am lambasted as being 'anti'Scottish' if folks care to read my previous posts I have said time and again I fear for a country which I love, and of which a large proportion of my ancestors come from!!!...God help you all if you fall for the rhetoric of Sturgeon and her mates..Yes, you know I do not like the woman. As I said I would have a little more respect if she started working on the real issues to help Scotland, the crap economy, your oil crisis, and like in the rest of the UK, a failing NHS.

Those are my concerns, and my real views. I am not likely to change them, and I don't want to see Scotland make a mess of this and come to regret it, as I don't think many in the rest of the UK would have much sympathy.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 16 Aug 2016, 11:45 am

Your opinion about Scotland being unable to go it alone is an opinion that is as good as anyone else's, but I think that it is an insult to the many hard-working and talented Scots that will be required to MAKE it work.

Our greatest problem will be the lack of population, as with just around five and a half million souls it is going to be difficult to get enough taxation to keep the public services afloat.

That is one of the reasons why we are happy to welcome skilled immigrants to come here as if they do come they will find that they will be easily accepted and will make a happy life for themselves.

That said, I still believe that only the people with the skills that we need should be allowed in.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Tue 16 Aug 2016, 5:29 pm

Hi all,

We will disagree on that one and I am NOT insulting anyone, least of all Scotland and the Scots who are intelligent and hard working people, so that Paps is below the belt !.

I know for a fact that a great many over the border want nothing to do with Sturgeon and her grandioise plans. As for wanting to attract skilled workers, all well and good, but it won't be like that and you know it.

You will end up like Merkels Germany once you open the flood gates; and again in the mass rush to Scotland you will bring in the fundamentalists ( a nice back door to the rest of the UK eh ? ). More importantly what is this mass immigration doing to do to your already stetched srvices and economy, and where is the SNP going to get all this money.?. Your taxes will no doubt go through the roof to pay for it.

The SNP cant' run Scotland now, and it will have bu**er all of a say once you are in the EU and in all probabiliuty HAVE to adopt the Euro.

In a perverse way Scotland going independent would be good for the rest of the UK in two ways. No Barnett formula, so spare cash for the rest of the UK, and if you go it alone, and if you vote NO again then it spells the end of Sturgeons political dreams; so its win win. The question then arises, once you get your mass immigration what about the land border?. Your mate Sturgeon has already aired her views on that one:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/700586/Sturgeon-Scottish-independence-physical-border-England

( you may wish to read the comments below this article ! )

I think if these plans go ahead a lot of people in the rest of the UK will WANT a border !

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 17 Aug 2016, 11:08 am

Ok mate, I will just beg to differ on that as both of us know that until we actually have independence these discussions are going to be moot.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Wed 17 Aug 2016, 3:33 pm

Hi All,

Ok Paps, points taken..we shall wait and see !

Technician

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Oct 2017, 5:00 pm