Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Theresa May's cabinet......

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Theresa May's cabinet......

Post by papa_umau on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 10:59 am

No place for Gove and Osborne gets the boot too. cheers

And here was me thinking that Theresa May had nothing going for her.

Maybe she will be the first Tory PM that will actually tell the truth, and - as she says - "fight for the underprivileged".

It is going to be very entertaining to see just how far she will go to destroy the "nasty party", as she called them .

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Theresa May

Post by Nuthin fancy on Thu 14 Jul 2016, 11:06 pm

Hi all,

With that I agree 100%!!. We need to see what transpires.

She will certainly need to keep her BREXIT promise or she will see another mass exodus to UKIP. ( to be fair, and having supported UKIP I don't see them as a mainstream party...In my estimation the job is done, but a lot of members see it as 'another force', so that in itself is interesting) . She's got rid of the slimebag Osborne and the toad Grove, so that's a promising start I suppose. She's made a massive boob by keeping Hunt in Health though.

Should be interesting on Friday as she is off to see 'Nicola Queen of Scots'. I would love to be a fly on the wall at that meeting!!!, Just hope she givers her a bit of her own medicine.

Technician
    Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 251
    Registration date : 2015-05-09

Re: Theresa May's cabinet......

Post by Gandhi on Fri 15 Jul 2016, 8:48 am

Her main problem will be satisfying all those 16m voters who don't want out. The first party to form a credible remain alternative will split the Conservatives and probably Labour too and scoop the prizes at the next election

G
    Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Theresa May

Post by Nuthin fancy on Fri 15 Jul 2016, 9:20 am

Hi all,

Gandhi...what is the problem??. A millon more voted OUT than in. The turnout was higher than in any general election...There will NOT be a second referendum. The vote was decisive...Get used to it and move on or leave the UK as I was going to do if we had stayed in.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 15 Jul 2016, 11:10 am

Yes, even Gandhi cannot deny that the democratic vote was OUT.

Having said that I am sure that the IN side are not going to go away and because this has caused a schizm down the middle of the Tory party we may find a new breakaway party forming on the right because of the large numbers there that did not get what they wanted.

The split in the Labour party is not so much about Europe as about left and right, and If Corbyn does not get re-elected to lead the party we may find a new left wing party being created that will leave the righties in the Labour party without any kind of a majority in a general election.

This will, in fact, be liable to kill off the Labour party as a political force in Britain.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Fri 15 Jul 2016, 11:50 am

The political map of Britain is in one heluva mess and Theresa May has a massive job ahead of her to bring the Tories back together and to prove to the people that she is not going to preside over just another version of the "nasty party".

Her visit to Scotland was a clever move as it showed that she was speaking the truth when she said she wanted to uphold the "Union".

I too would love to be a "fly on the wall" on that meeting of women political leaders.

If I know you pal Sturgeon Technician, she will send May back home to "think again".
    Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Gandhi on Fri 15 Jul 2016, 12:12 pm

When a GE decides a government, the losers don'y just sit quiet and say nothing (current situation excepted) they are there to keep the government honest.

So don't expect them to roll over and die just because of a <4% majority based on a sustained campaign of misinformation. I seem to recall UKIP grandstanding when they had only 20% of the vote and it didnt stop them.

So no, I don't accept the result, it is not in the countries interest and I will continue to point out the folly of the decision evry time there is a hiccup. And because we live in a democracy - I CAN!

So stick that in your pipe Tech and believe me - it aint over yet not by a long shot.
    Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Theresa May

Post by Nuthin fancy on Fri 15 Jul 2016, 1:26 pm

Hi All,

It certainly is over, apart from the anger of the 'Euro Luvvies' who want to overturn a democratic vote. Of course that should not be surprising as the EU deplores democracy anyway, so they are only displaying the arrogance and antics of the EU mandarins they want to rule us!.

As I say, I had made plans to spend at least half the year in India if we had stayed in, and I love going to Europe and have spent a good deal of time there.

What are your plans then now Gandhi, do you not want 'out', particularly as you seem to hate this country so much, and the decision did not go to tour liking?. By the way, we have already seen defections to UKIP over May's promotion to Downing St. If they DARE go back on the democratic vote for LEAVE, you will not only see a mass exodous to UKIP you will probably disorder on the streets. So it will NOT happen ( you have a poor concept of the will of the people if you think it is going to ).

The likes of Branson and Geldof just show their contempt for democracy, so Branson ( with the billions he has ) should b*gger off back to his island and Geldof ( with his millions) to his, which already is under the thumb of the EU

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 16 Jul 2016, 11:47 am

Whether we can overturn this democratic decision or not is moot as it has been done and cannot be gone back on.

That is not to say that many of the people who were refused, ( democratically ), their wishes here will go away, as they will not.

As is usually the case, there will be a stooshie, ( like the Scots ? ), for a long time out in Engurland, but eventually everyone WILL accept that that is the way it has to be.

Only the fascists and the anarchists will try to keep the anger going, as that is what they do.

"If the cap fits" as they say.

Papa......

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Gandhi on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 8:24 am

Nonsense - if the decision turns out to be wrong there are always ways to do a reverse ferret and change our mind especially if it turns out to be in the best interests of the country.

With David 'nutter' Davies in charge he couldn't negotiate the skin off a rice pudding.

Believe me the situation will only get worse

G
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 11:49 am

I would not deny that the situation is definitely going to get worse before it gets better because of brexit, but to overturn this democratic decision by the people will need another referendum.

Even a new Tory government could not go against the brexit vote without the democratic will of the people to back any such move up.

Unlike Scotland, where the settled will of the people has not been carried out via brexit there WILL be grounds to have another independence referendum in the not too distant future.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Sun 17 Jul 2016, 2:38 pm

Hi All,

Well said Paps. There is no stomach for any 'second referendum' on the BREXIT vote, it will not happen.

Take it from me that UKIP and those in the majority who voted BREXIT will be watching May and her cronies like a hawk in case she tries to wriggle out of this one.

As for Scotland, then Scotland must do what it thinks fit. In the interim you are STILL part of the UK and must follow the governmental lead despite what 'Queen Nicola' would like to do. Once you have your referenmdum and say ''out', then you are on your own; and welcome to join the dying club of the EU. You know my personal feelings on this one. I would hate Scotland and all her talents to split from the UK as I think you would be on a fast road to ruin, and I think we would be better as one nation.

Unfortunately a lot of 'Little Englanders' as Nicola sees us are so p*ssed off with Sturgeons antics they cannot wait for Scotland to go and leave us alone !

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 11:53 am

Sturgeon is having high-level talks with EU politicos right at the moment so that if the vote to leave the UK is carried out successfully much of the problems that such a vote will bring up will already have been discussed.

Obviously without independence she will get nothing or very little from the EU and the EC and these talks are just quite superficially based on what MIGHT happen.

Papa......

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Gandhi on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 11:22 am

I love the way you deny a second referendum will happen tech - like you know it will happen because the first vote was wrong but you continue to protest so they dont take away your prize.

"woman you protesteth too much"

G
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 22 Jul 2016, 3:29 pm

Unlike a second referendum in Scotland which could be on because we did not get what we democratically voted for, a second referendum based on the fact that less than the fifty percent of the English and Welsh voters could not get a win is not enough of a reason to force another referendum on Europe.

Sorry Gandhi, but your anarchist ways are not going to find a democratic way to overturn the vote on Europe.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 21 Oct 2017, 4:56 pm