Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

The most and least reliable cars in 2016

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12657
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

The most and least reliable cars in 2016

Post by papa_umau on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 12:04 pm

Which car manufacturers can you trust to build a reliable car and which ones have a reliability record that leaves something to be desired?

Performance, comfort, practicality, beautiful styling, the latest in cutting edge infotainment technology, it all counts for precisely nothing if the car in question is unreliable. Reliability is the most important single factor to car buyers today and you wont be surprised to learn that some car manufacturers are better at it than others.

Find about the ten most reliable cars after a large survey of new car owners done by AutoExpress HERE

I know that a lot of the results found in this survey will be down to personal likes or dislikes, but I think that it does no harm to know what actual buyers and users think of their cars.

Anybody ?

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1316
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Re: The most and least reliable cars in 2016

Post by Hell's Granny on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 2:50 pm

I'm really glad I no longer drive; all these new things in cars are uneccessary. Keyless ignition I think is insecure. SatNav takes the driver's attention away from the road ahead. What is wrong with planning your journey ahead of time with a Map?

There are good things, airbags are good and I think that dashboard cameras should be in every car, to ascertain who is at fault in collisions.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 07 Jul 2016, 12:09 pm

Yes, my dear, the technological breakthroughs in car design are now firmly set and we are just going to have to get used to these things if we want to not get lost in the sands of time.

I thought that I would never get used to all of the automatic things in my Citroen DS4, but after a while it all becomes second nature by practice.

The car has automatic gears, ( or pre-select by steering wheel paddles ), an automatic, electric parking brake, automatic headlights, automatic rain-sensing wipers, automatic parking sensors, and automatic three zone air conditioning.

I could turn all of these automatic things off but I would feel that I was not being fair to the designers of this stuff if I did not use all of these aids.

I am always aware of being called a luddite and that is why I try to keep up with all of these modern day and new-fangled developments.

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1316
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:27 pm

I would tend to go to sleep at the wheel if I didn't have to worry about all these things! I call it 'cocooning' and it leads to complacency and inattention , in my view.

So glad I no longer drive!
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 10 Jul 2016, 11:48 am

I think that what we drivers see out of our front windscreen will keep us wide awake and playing safe if we are not influenced by drink or drugs.

I remember when I got my very first car, and things on the roads at that time were not nearly as frenetic as they are today.

I remember a a wise sage telling me: "There, by the grace of God and the skill of the other driver go I". Shocked

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 5:05 am