Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Is this why we voted leave?

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 251
    Registration date : 2015-05-09

Is this why we voted leave?

Post by Gandhi on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 8:16 am

Boris stabbed in the back, everyone hurling abuse at Gove, Corbs imploding, Bliar planning comeback......

One of the claims of the Brexit camp was that we can make our own laws. Given the utter lack of talent in the government and the opposition, give me Bruxelles any day! Their directives are infinitely preferable to our own score settling.

Maybe thats why so many Brexit voters are regretting their actions already.

As I see it there HAS to be a GE whoever is the new PM and it will be the second referendum. Not left v right but in v out

What do you folks think?

G
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12196
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Is this why we voted leave?

Post by papa_umau on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 11:33 am

Yes, I have to agree with you Gandhi that the politics at home since the vote of OUT has been pandemonium.

Instead of doing what is right towards leaving the EU both main parties are at each-other's and their own throats while they jockey for position.

The Tories are in total turmoil and the Labour party has the long knives out for Corbyn.

I would expect better behaviour in a kiddies pre-school class.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 11:55 am

I get better than that behaviour in my primary school class.

Politicians have always been low in my estimation, but the nonsense seen in the days since brexit has brought them down even lower.

I mean, do they not even know that we are not impressed by this behaviour ?
    Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Post by Nuthin fancy on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 8:50 pm

Hi All,

Yes Ghandi I agree...They certainly don't like it when they see democracy at work and the 'little man' speaks. Its called the will of the people.
    I spend a lot of time in mainland Europe, its great and I love the cultures.

I think you like it and yearn for it even more than I. Perhaps you should think about moving over there if this counjtry is so bad ? ( At least I had made plans to get out of the UK if we has STAYED )

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 11:31 am

The general election is still a way off and if the Labour party cannot win it, ( sadly I don't think they can at the moment ), then it is going to be lurching well over to the far right with a new Tory party in power.

Then let's see how well off the NHS and the rail services and all of the rest of the public services are when the fascist right-wing get a hold of them.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 4:31 pm

Hi all,

I think I agree with you Paps, but its about time we all stopped moaning and trIed to get on with things. Slanging matches on here or elsewhere don't help, and I am as guilty as anyone !

I am writing this on Sunday afternoon and this morning I was at a special event in the town to commemorate our fishermen and met up with our MP Cat Stevens ( one of Corbyns new 'cabinet' ). She repersents our town who were 80% for BREXIT. ( she was for REMAIN ).

I could have had a right old chat with her, but she is a nice lady, and it was neither the right place or appropriate.

I don't think Labour will win, and I am aghast at what the Tory lot are doing. As for UKIP they neither have the seats nor capacity to do anything. As I said, I see them almost as redundant now
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 04 Jul 2016, 11:03 am

That is a well worded synopsis of how politics are going in Britain at this time.

One of the best things I heard came from Theresa May yesterday, was as she said that "to repair politics in Britain there is going to have to be a stop of all that divisive posturing between the leavers and the stayers so that we can get back to running the country as well as we can.

Even if she is a Tory, I agree wholeheartedly with her stance.

Papa......

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Gandhi on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 7:50 am

Even mother Teresa will not make 48% agree with the 52% - I suspect this will go on for years with the old left right split making way for a new in/out. It never stopped Fromage so I see no need to accept the referendum.

Currently the Lib Dems are looking most attractive with their stance od reversing any 'leave' decisions - 17 million of us cant be ignored

G
    Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Voted Leave

Post by Nuthin fancy on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 10:03 am

Dream on Ghandi....it aint going to happen. You have been wrong on everything so far, so not a good track record eh ?

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 11:25 am

The result of the referendum on brexit is never going to be overturned as it was democratically decided by the people of England and Wales.

Unlike the Scottish independence referendum where 55 percent beat 44 percent we have good reason for running that referendum again because of being ripped out of Europe against our settled will.

If the YES voters in Scotland, ( 62 percent to 38 percent ), join forces with the REMAIN voters and all of the other ones that changed their minds over independence after the scare stories of the NO supporters, I can see this referendum being won by a landslide.

This does not need to be done just now, but after the Scots see the damage done by pulling out of Europe another independence referendum will be eventually certain.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Voted Leave

Post by Nuthin fancy on Tue 05 Jul 2016, 4:26 pm

Hi All.

I can see your logic in all of that. A sensible assessment !. Just to change ONE thing...Once Scotland is Independent and perhaps in the EU, once they see their country going to the dogs they will all want to rejoin a prospering UK !

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 10:44 am

You might be right about that Technician, but I am sure your pet hate, Sturgeon, and her negotiating team, will get a better deal for Scotland than Cameron ever did.

I guess we are just going to have to wait and see I suppose.

Papa......

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Gandhi on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 2:19 pm

I think you will see other breakaway movements too if the negotiations aren't handled properly.

The price of petrol is already giving me a headache thanks to the drop in value of the

Interest rates will have to RISE to offset this then property prices will crash....oh to be a bailiff!

With any luck the economy will have collapsed so much that by the time we put in our application to leave nobody will have the stomach to sign it.

G
    Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 2:25 pm

Our Politicians are great at 'Leading from the Lip; not so good at thinking things through before they open their mouths!

'All mouth and no trousers' is an adequate description, methinks.

The farce going on with the Tory Leadership, and Farage leaving whilst at the same time the Parliamentary Labour Party are trying to oust Corbyn. It is a good job there isn't a Hitler- like figure waiting in the wings to take advantage.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 07 Jul 2016, 11:51 am

Yes, there are going to be TWO vacuums created by the loss of Cameron and Corbyn and we will not know what will be the outcome until all the knives have been put away and these people have been replaced.

The left/right schism in the Tory party will still be there and Corbyn's far left supporters are going to melt away until he has no plausibility left.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:39 am