Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Is the war on terror winnable ?

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12196
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Is the war on terror winnable ?

Post by papa_umau on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 10:58 am

After ANOTHER terrible suicide bomb and gun attack on a Turkish airport I have to ask, is there anything we can do to stop atrocities like this ?

News Bulletin:

A gun and bomb attack on Istanbul's Ataturk international airport has killed 36 people and injured more than 140 others, officials say.

Get the full story from The BBC HERE

Is it at all possible for the peace-loving people of the world to come together to try to stop these kinds of atrocities, or are we just going to have to get used to these things happening every day ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Is the war on terror winnable ?

Post by zathrus on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:22 pm

It could be winnable, but it would take all of the rest of the Muslim world and the free countries of the world to come together in a definite plan to destroy their ability to kill large numbers of people with Kalshnikovs and home-made bombs.

Where do they get their money from and who feeds these barbarians ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 11:05 am

A lot of their money and weapons come secretly from Iran and Saudi Arabia, and a lot of it comes from international funds that are hideen in offshore accounts.

I cannot ever see those sources drying up in the near future.

There is no doubt that the rest of the Muslim world could, if they wanted, close down on the terrorist groups and destroy them.

I don't think that will ever happen either.

Even if we and our free world allies got together and made a ground war on them, as soon as they started to get diminished on the battle-field they would just slink away and hide within the indigenous peoples.

A terrorist only becomes recognisable when they wear the black flags, the face masks, and carry the weapons of war.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 12:09 pm

Well said papa.

That has always been the great strength of the terrorists; the fact that they can easily hide amongst the people if they don't want to make overt war on anybody.

The fact that suicide bombers can be easily found amongst them is probably the most terrifying fact about this form of terrorism.
    Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Post by Nuthin fancy on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 8:54 pm

Hi all,

An absolute disgrace....My solution was not popular ( but it would work ). Ground troops needed perhaps ?

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 11:43 am

Yes, I do not normally vote to send in our troops on the ground, but I think that the only way that the likes of ISIL, and The Taliban, will be wiped out will be if all of the countries around where they are in control get together in an alliance so that these barbarians are attacked from all sides.

If it is done right, and quickly, we may see these terrorist groups reduced to a small enough size to be able to handle them by the local police.

We will never get rid of them completely, but if we cut off their finance and their arms, explosives, and food supply-routes we should see them wither into obscurity.

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 3:06 pm

I know we are speaking here of Daesh, but let's remember that these fanatical Muslims are not the only terrorists we have encountered. In the world there are many different terrorist groups, of many religions and nations.

I'm sure we haven't forgotten 'The Troubles', with the IRA bombings. I certainly haven't.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 07 Jul 2016, 12:18 pm

AND.... almost all of these "terror" groups are built around the religious hatred that allows them to kill and maim innocents without even a flicker of humanity.

Previous wars used to be based around political and land-aquisition reasons, but nowadays almost all of the wars and the attached atrocities are based on the extremes that can be found in all of the holy books.

When I see this happening every day I congratulate myself on having the courage to be an atheist.

It is not easy to admit to being a confirmed atheist you know !

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1247
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Sat 09 Jul 2016, 1:24 pm

In my version of Paganism I don't have 'Gods' either!

I despair of the gullibility of the religious masses, herded like sheep by their Priests, bullied into not thinking for themselves what is right or wrong.

Likewise, the latest atrocity in America. The politicians and police can't see that they are stirring up the same troubles they had in the 60's, and that the 'Black Lives Matter' protests are the modern equivalent; and this time with automatic weapons.

It is time that justice in the USA was distributed equally. Lip service to 'Equality' alone will not serve the People. There is still too much 'Them and Us', when police officers who kill black people unjustifiably is not punished to the same degree as when black people kill white. The Constitution of the United States is not being enforced. It should be.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 10 Jul 2016, 11:55 am

Yes HG, nobody would like to see the days of the Black Panthers coming back in America.

"Justice" is justice for all, no matter the colour of their skin, the religion, or none, that they follow, or their gender.

Maybe one day we will see this truly happening when the human race, or Homo-Sapiens evolves to the next highest plane. ( It has been called Homo Superior in the science fiction books ).

This might take a very long time to come about.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:51 am