Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Europe to be merged into a superstate.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Europe to be merged into a superstate.

Post by papa_umau on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:33 am

European SUPERSTATE to be unveiled: EU nations 'to be morphed into one' post-Brexit

Most of us already know that the European Union has been making discussions about forming a greater Europe into one Superstate and now that Britain is getting out of Europe a large stumbling block for this desire has gone.

EUROPEAN political chiefs are to take advantage of Brexit by unveiling their long-held plan to morph the continent’s countries into one GIANT SUPERSTATE, it has emerged yesterday.

The foreign ministers of France and Germany are due to reveal a blueprint to effectively do away with individual member states in what is being described as an “ultimatum”.

Under the radical proposals EU countries will lose the right to have their own army, criminal law, taxation system or central bank, with all those powers being transferred to Brussels.

Read the full story from The Daily Express HERE

I know, to some, that this has been the greatest fear of being attached to Europe and now we see that their fears were true.

As a European, I have always known that this was the long term goal of a greater Europe and I was in fact looking forward to this eventually happening in the shape of a true European United States.

All it would have meant would have been that Britain would still have it's own sovereignty in this powerful entity, just like the American states have.

Now....it is very unlikely to happen since brexit, and we are going to be right outside of this potential monster.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Re: Europe to be merged into a superstate.

Post by Nuthin fancy on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:26 am

Hi all,

Are you surprised ??...EU army next, total loss of democratic freedoms..You are welcome to it.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 10:42 am

The isolationalism brought on by the old British Empire feelings have to now be put aside as Britain is no longer the world power it used to be.

In my opinion, the best way for Britain - or even just Scotland - to stay strong will be right at the centre of this European "monster".

We are just going to have to get used to the knowledge that we are Europeans as well as Brits and with that in mind we are going to have to be fully inside that superstate and not out here in the Atlantic, on our own, in a leaky rowboat.

The intrinsic fear and even hatred for all things European that is held by some in Britain, really needs to be thrown aside so that we can become and integral part of this greater Europe of the future.

The terribly flawed European Union CAN be fixed by the internal member states that have the strength and the desire to do that job.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 12:06 pm

I wouldn't be one bit surprised at that once France Germany and Spain get their heads together.

If that does happen Europe is going to be a fearsome foe or ally.

Russia, for one, will not like it one bit.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 10:19 am

One of the greatest things that the EU has done for the world is that while it grows and gets stronger we will never see another world war triggered by German expansionist policies.

A greater European Union, or United States of Europe, will produce one of the most powerful trading and defencive blocs in the world, and unlike Russia, I think we should be at the heart of it. ( When I say "we", I mean Scotland as an independent country of course ).

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1284
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Wed 06 Jul 2016, 2:44 pm

Although I voted to remain, this has worried me. I feel it would have put our government in direct contravention of the Magna Carta, which is the nearest thing we have to a Constitution.

I do not think that handing all power to Brussels would be a good thing.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 07 Jul 2016, 11:33 am

I wholeheartedly agree that the EC is not the body that should rule any United States of Europe as this unelected body could not apply democracy to anything it might try to do.

I always compare the way that the 50 states of America do things with how any United States of Europe might function.

At the start, all of the power in Brussels should be taken away from them.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 1:19 pm