Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Freedom...At last !!

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Freedom...At last !!

Post by Nuthin fancy on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 8:07 am

Hi All,

As about the only supporter of BREXIT on this site, I am obvioulsy over the moon with the result of the referendum. I suspect the general populace have had enough of bankers, economists and self serving politicians telling them what they can do, and of course the unelected and now very worried EU Mandarins who certainly did not expect this....I could go on, but this is a time when we all need to pull together.

I don't know what you think about the Scottish situation Paps. The ginger dwarf is spitting feathers, but as I was ( I dare to say it ) correct about the referendum result, I now think she has not got the bottle to call for her own referendum, at least not yet.

Scotland is too volatile. Salmon was bullshitting this morning, but to give the guy credit he said that Cameron should resign straight away. At least I admire him for having the guts to resign when he lost the Scottish vote. At least he has kept to his principles, unlike I suspect 'snake oil' Cameron and his sidekick Boy George.

It was nice to see Nigel Farage, blasted and goaded by so many, finaly get his dream. As for myself and my good lady we shall be cracking open a bottle of champers, and probably having a wee dram or two as well.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12180
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Freedom...At last !!

Post by papa_umau on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 11:36 am

Hi Technician. Even although I did not vote for brexit, being a democrat I am happy to accept the result and move forward, as we will all have to.

Because the votes in Scotland and Northern Ireland were actually for remain there is now going to be a quiet fight going on behind the scenes.

This win for Brexit will keep your pal Farage's head above water and he will now be able to push for what he calls a "brexit government".

Sadly, after Cameron's resignation, this will hold the post of Prime Minister open for Boris Johnson.

I shudder at that thought.

As Scotland did what we expected it to, ( vote to remain by 67 percent ), this also now raises the head of the possibility of another independence vote.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens next.

Congratulations Technician, and none of us here at ROB will think any less of you after this result.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Brexit etc

Post by Nuthin fancy on Fri 24 Jun 2016, 2:13 pm

Hi All,

Hi Paps, as always a reasoned and kind response, thank you. I agree 100% that the fighting should be over, and either love or hate the result we now need to pull together. I must admit that I was surprised Cameron fell on his sword, I wonder if Corbyn will, as his so called 'leadership' has been nothing short of abysmal. I agree Scotland is a difficult issue.

I hope that if you go for a second referendum you will all stay as part of the UK. We are a large economy, and while Scotland is a prouid and clever nation, and is still BRITISH I am sure you can do well on your own. The problem is that the economy is not doing well, and the oil reserves not producing the income you shold be getting.

Times change though, but I think under Sturgeon a lot oof Scots are starry eyed. I think she is in for a fall, as they (The SNP ) are not deliving on the economy and and in other areas also ( health ). There is no certainty that if you do go for independence and get it that the EU would let you in, but I fear if you do go down that route it is the 'Road to Perdition' as they say. Particularly if she pushes to adopt the Euro which is failing at this very moment...Difficult decisions. As you know I am not 'keen' on the lady, but I almost p*ssed myself laughing when I saw her reaction on the TV this morning..Pure 'egg on the face' !!!

By the way, we had planned ( if we we stayed in the EU ) to head out to Inda for 6 months of the year, but I don't think I need to do that now. As for the debate, this site is a credit to allow healthy and sometimes heated debate; particularly as I have been instrumental in contributing to a lot of it on this issue, so thanks for putting up with it!!!!!. Its a credit to you Paps.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 25 Jun 2016, 11:39 am

Thanks for those kind words Technician.

There were a few unofficial polls done yesterday in Scotland and they showed that many people who did not vote for independence last time round have changed their minds since we were dragged out of the EU.

The best scenario - as I see it - would be that the people who voted "YES" last time should do so again and the ones that voted NO who are not pleased about being taken out of Europe should vote YES this time. If this happens then as with the brexit vote in Scotland there could be a 62-to-38 vote or higher there too.

Anyway. I am glad that you are not going to leave Britain to live and I hope that you don't get any problems now that we are definitely leaving the EU.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Brecit etc

Post by Nuthin fancy on Sat 25 Jun 2016, 3:31 pm

Hi all,

Yes Paps, we all have to hope now that once things stabilise we have done the right thing. I am sure the road ahead is going to be fraught with difficulty. Its not going to be plain sailing now we have left, but I beleve we can now choose our own destiny, just as the people of Scotland need to do. I am still worried about Sturgens personal agenda; and just on a personal level I would love Scotland to stay in the UK !!!. I do know that if things go bottoms up in a second referendum she also should resign.

What do you think of UKIP then ??. To be honest the party has achieved what it set out to do with Nigel Farage ( its taken him 25 years to get here ). If it folded now at least its done its job at long last. He always said he would work to get out, and like or loath him he has kept to his guns. As my mate says. he should get a ruddy nighthood !!!! ( can't see many supporting that one on here though ! )

His final speech to the EU is a classic !!! Here : www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LmDNby6jC0

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 26 Jun 2016, 11:53 am

Yes mate, I think Farge's raison d'etre is now no more and I cannot see UKIP finding any other reasons to exist.

Your pal Sturgeon said yesterday that after this brexit result had dragged Scotland out of the EU against it's will another independence referendum should be "on the table". In fact, she said, for the first time, "that another independence referendum WILL BE on the table".

She has already made approaches to the EU mandarins to start negotiating a way to keep our membership of the EU alive.

If she does not get enough encouragement in this, she says that only an independent Scotland can do this job properly.

I guess the saying is: "Watch this space" !Twisted Evil

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2423
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sun 26 Jun 2016, 12:23 pm

As a famous sage once said: "be careful what you wish for as you might just get it".

The EU grandees are already trying to force the Tory government to get out as soon as possible so that they can get on with carving up Europe to their own ends.

It is going to be fun to watch how the authorities rip into each other as this starts to get underway.
    Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 251
    Registration date : 2015-05-09

Post by Gandhi on Sun 26 Jun 2016, 12:38 pm

Sorry to pi$$ on your parade tech but it's far from over.

I don't see how 17 million folk have the right to do what 16 million don't want.

The position to debate the referendum gathers pace - 3 million in 2 days.

Given one of the arguments for brexit was democracy, how democratic is that?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215/

If you really care about your country and want to put the genie back in the bottle

- Stop Sturgeon
    - Stop Spain taking Gibraltar
    - Stop the IRA getting a United Ireland

Sign and stop your country descending into anarchy

G
    Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

All Over

Post by Nuthin fancy on Sun 26 Jun 2016, 6:25 pm

Hi All,

I think Ghandi needs to get his facts right. Sorry you were wrong about both UKIP and the referendum but you are wrong AGAIN.

What we had was the PUBLIC vote the other day. its called democracy ( something to which even the failed 'leader' Corbyn says we have to adehre to ), As Nigel Farage said, this is not a 'best of 3' result, although the Euro luvvies would like that, as this time the EU and its 'mates' are pissed off they could not rig it and get their own way ( which was a surprise to me too ! ).

However they have tried and it looks like they have been caught out!!...See THIS: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/683520/Second-EU-referendum-petition-FRAUD-sign-OUTSIDE-UK-brexit-signatures

No you cannot have a repeat 'referendum' to keep voting unti you get the result YOU want, although Tony Blair would like that too and we all know that he should be in a prison cell.

Sturgeon, supreme in her arrogance also wants all her own way, and now says there is 'no rule book' see here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3660733/Scottish-Parliament-BLOCK-EU-referendum-result-Nicola-Sturgeon-vows-fight-Brexit-inflicted-Scotland-UK-Government-tells-Scots-second-independence-vote-want-it.html

If they attempted to overturn a 1 million vote lead to leave there would be civil strife in this country and a mass exedous to UKIP....it just aint going to happen

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 27 Jun 2016, 10:57 am

Yes, it is a very complicated matter and as the days go by it is only going to get even more complicated.

Now that England and Wales have voted out I guess it is up to Scotland, and even Northern Ireland to decide whether to stay in the UK or get out.

A straw poll was taken today that said that if a snap referendum for independence was taken in Scotland today they would vote for OUT of the English control of this sovereign nation.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Freedom...At last !!

Post by Nuthin fancy on Mon 27 Jun 2016, 1:49 pm

Hi All,

Yes Paps, I am sure they would...but would it be a knee jerk reaction?. While I support 'Sturgeon Queen of Scotts' in her presumption she is only doing the best for Scotland she is managing to p*ss off a large portion of the UK. Even Salmond was in conciliatory tones this morning on the TV !!!.

She has no right to try and sabaotage a democratic LEAVE vote from the people of the UK.

Remember, like it or not Scotland still remains part of the UK and abides by its rules ( you voted to STAY IN ). Let's imagine that a large swathe of southern England ( in a line from the Wash to the river Severn ) ALL voted Tory in a general election, and the result was a Labour win. Would there be an outcry to have another election ???. NO. And the population in that geographical area is bigger than in Scotland. That was certainly the case wiith the vast population in England compared with Scotland who voted to LEAVE.

She will be over ruled, and of course she is a consumate s*it stirrer. making trouble and throwing your toys out the pram because she did not get your own way only demeans the poltics of this MINORITY SNP party. IF you want to go, then take it steady, plan and hold your referendum ( if you vote to stay in the UK is she going to a insist on another till you 'get it right ? ). Then if you go, good luck.

Don't preume you will be 'fitted' into the EU, as you may well need to apply again and face conditions such as having to adopt the Euro. Why the hell you would call for independence and then want to be ruled by unelected offciials is bemusing to me, but there you go.

It would be wise for Sturgeon to ruddy well shut up for a bit and keep her powder close to he chest if she wants the 'best result', as the EU fat cats are quite rightly verry p*ssed off with the UK at present 1

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:01 am

While it is true that the "UK" voted brexit it was made very clear that neither Scotland, Northern Ireland, or London, come to that, voted out, as they all voted to remain.

It has been widely said for some time that if Scotland is dragged out of Europe against it's will that would be a good enough reason to go for another independence referendum.

I have to admit that without that vote to leave the UK Sturgeon is just playing games, as she well knows that Scotland can not ever block the act of getting out of Europe.

There is no reason why she cannot start talks with European state leaders and Scottish financiers about making new friends in readiness for a successful independence referendum, and that seems like a sensible way to go as far as I see it.

What with the crashing pound and the stock market looking dangerous I think that will only be the start of the problems that the next Prime Minister is going to have.

Just for a laugh, maybe it will be BOJO.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Tue 28 Jun 2016, 11:24 am

Hi all,

Yes, paps., it could well be BOJO !!!. Fine with making nice noises and friends, fine if she want's you all to leave. No problem with that, but she wants to ride roughshod over a democratic decision. Like I have already said Scotland is still part of the UK, so abide by a UK decsion. If you don't like it hold your refernedum to leave. until that time you have to abide with the UK democratic result...END OF !!!. She may well be p*ssed off, but tough. Does the general election scenario I outlined not demonstrate this...You cannot keep having votes unti the one you want comes along!!!.

The main instigators of this 'outcry' are the very fatcats and liberal EU 'luvvies' who preach armageddon and are always used to getting their own way ( Richard Branson was a prime example of this crap on the TV this morning ). Well, they have got a bloody nose this time.

The remainers have done nothing but talk the UK down ( Boy George has soon had to backtrack ). I don't for one minute forsee financial collapse, but you lot keep on bashing the country and telling everyone how bad it is, then you can bring about the very conditions you want to avoid ( that is a known sociological principle by the way! ).

I serioulsy do not think you would have found the BREXITERS shouting foul to the degree these spoilt brats are if the result had gone the other way. When we are on the subject the one thing Boris did do was not to get into personal slanging matches with the remain group, and he was the only one to give positive messages about how great this country can become now we are OUT.

As I said, if the ministers or any other fools try to overturn a decision by 17 million of our population to get out there could be riots on the streets and mass defections to UKIP. it just shows their contempt for democracy. Exactly the reason a large proportioin of BREXITERS voted OUT.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 10:27 am

As a democratic country we simply cannot go against the brexit vote as it was hard and final.

Anyone who thinks that this vote can be ignored is off his or her chump.

Because of this situation I think that another independence referendum in Scotland will be the only way to do it as once we are out from under London rule, Scotland will be able to do anything it wants to.

Then, just like the title of this thread, we too will have "freedom at last".

Papa......

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Gandhi on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 11:46 am

Sorry guys but Farage n co never accepted democracy and kept on whingeing about the EU until someone finally gave them a toy to play with despite having the door closed in his ugly face on numerous occasions.

Likewise I do not believe the 16 million will accept the result - what has happened is truly dreadful and what needs to be brokered is a compromise that is acceptable to all.

This will run and run - i went round a supermarket yesterday and the number of people saying they felt they has been misled and would like to recast their vote was astonishing

G
    Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Brexit etc

Post by Nuthin fancy on Wed 29 Jun 2016, 1:08 pm

Hi All,

Thank you Paps, I agree, a sensible response, and as you say Scotland can go its own way when and if you decide to have the referendum and vote out.

I see Ghandi remains deluded and as anti democratic as ever. Live with it Ghandi, its not going to change however much you disagree...By the way, as you hate Farage remeber this, he is the only one who has told the truth and kept to his principles for 25 years.

The boots on the other foot now and the liberal elites and luvvies used to getting their own way have to face reality...See your friend Corbyn's going into meltdown as well.

Technician
    Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Post by Gandhi on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 11:32 am

Time will tell tech - as to Farage, your comment cheered me up for the rest of the day! the guy changes his mind every time the wind blows - bit like Boris in fact.

I look forward to him being strung up by his heels by the unemployed once the government projections come true. I for one certainly wont be lending a hand to stop them!
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 30 Jun 2016, 11:45 am

Nuthin fancy wrote:Hi All,

Thank you Paps, I agree, a sensible response, and as you say Scotland can go its own way when and if you decide to have the referendum and vote out.

I see Ghandi remains deluded and as anti democratic as ever. Live with it Ghandi, its not going to change however much you disagree...By the way, as you hate Farage remeber this, he is the only one who has told the truth and kept to his principles for 25 years.

The boots on the other foot now and the liberal elites and luvvies used to getting their own way have to face reality...See your friend Corbyn's going into meltdown as well.

Technician

I will not dwell on this point as Nicola Sturgeon said that it may take two years for Scotland to fully prepare for the next - and successful - independence referendum.

I think that Farage is as far right as Corbyn is far left and even as an extreme right winger the hard line Tories are never going to let him get any power from them.

Corbyn is facing the conflagration because he is just too soft on the Tories and he simply doesn't look like a party leader.

If he does decide to fall on his sword I think his supporters in the unions may try to prop him up.

Britain is just not ready for hard left politics and because of this the ex New-Labour camp are going to try very hard to elect a soft left-winger as the next leader and possible Prime Minister.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Freedom

Post by Nuthin fancy on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 9:19 am

Hi All,

I don't know about Farage being hung up, we will see 'Brother Corbyn' and his loony partly implode long before then. Just a point, I would love to see Corbyn go up against Nigel in a debate. No contest I think as Corbyn always runs scared...Still, lets just wait and see the Labour and Tory parties implode. As I said I am not too concerned now about what UKIP do as they have won the battle. Anything else will be icing on the cake, but I am sure Nigel will carry on.

As for 'Queen Sturgeon' she has not got the grand reception she was hoping for at the EU. She has been told in no uncertain terms that negotiation will be with the UK, not on Scotlands terms which is not an independent country but PART of the UK.

She will need to win the referendum before they talk to her. Again that has already been opposed by France and Spain at the moment. in particular Spain who balk at the prospect of an Independent Scotland getting membershiup as it inflames the Catalnioan issue. On top of that there is doubt that Scotland has the capacity for negotiation into the EU; and it seem that even if it has strict conditions will be laid down, and that will almost certainly involve adopting the Euro...Not as easy as she thought is it ?.

About time she got back in her pram and stopped acting as a spoiled brat. I know many in Scotland want an independent nation, but there are very many who do not and cannot abide the Scottish Nasty Party. A few months back I was in Callander and talking to a local butcher who said 'for God's sake why can we not get rid of that woman ! '.

Makes it all very interesting for the future !

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 10:13 am

You really have it in for our Nicola don't you ?

You said: "She will need to win the referendum before they talk to her", and nobody knows more than her that this is true.

That will not and can not stop her from generating friends and allies in Europe as they all know that Scotland did not agree with brexit.

If it is going to take up to two years for "Britain" to get out of the EU, we may find that before that time a successful independence referendum in Scotland will be putting Scotland back into the EU even before Britain gets out.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Freedom etc

Post by Nuthin fancy on Fri 01 Jul 2016, 11:10 am

Hi All,

Paps, its not a question of 'having it in' for Sturgeon, I seriously think she is a ruddy menace to Scotland; and a lot of Scots do as well. She has managed to create discord and division wherever she goes. She is not being in any way 'diplomatic' ( but then most politicans can be accused of that ). I thought Salmond was a pratt, but he is benign compared with this power hungry woman.

She is blatantly 'anti English'. I would not call her 'racist' but many would.

She acts as a minor dictator and is never satisfied. She is going to get a hell of a shock if she pulls Sotland out and realises all the funding dries up and her economy is in the s*it. As I have said before, my ancestors are from Lanark, and I know Scotland resonably well; and you are being sold down the river. its such a tragedy. I hope the sensible people of your proud country see sense quickly or I do fear for your future.

Technician
    Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2423
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 12:03 pm

Maybe you do not like her because she is a woman Technician ?

As I see it, from the outside, she seems to have the strength and the courage to do what she needs to do to be the First Minister of Scotland.

She can be a nasty bit of work, but maybe she has to be that in order to be respected and feared a bit by her friends and her enemies.

You may be eventually finding another female in control of the country if Theresa May gets her way.

Johnson and Gove are now looking like badly wounded soldiers.
    Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Freedom...At last !!

Post by Nuthin fancy on Sat 02 Jul 2016, 8:46 pm

Hi All,

Hello Angie !. I have nothing against women in politics or as leaders, we need more of them !. its just that I seriously think this one opens her mouth before engaging her brain.

I am all for being patriotic, but there is a degree of vindictiveness and arrogance in her approach. Despite Britain's bad aspects (warts and all ) I still want to see my country prosper and not be ruled by an unelected elete.

This BTREXIT vote has caused a lot of ill feeling and a lot of people are hell bent on slagging off Britain. I don't like the arrogant disregard of democracy. That is why I voted OUT of the EU.

As for Scotland its up to the people to decide ( which we did in the UK of which, and I am almost sick of saying this, Scotland is STILL part of. ) For some reason Sturgeon thinks it does not apply to her. One commentator said that if Scotland breaks away and falls into the EU mire, the results could well be like Greece but without the sunshine.

The Scottish economy is in a bad way ( worse in fact than at the start of the GB wide recession a few years back ). On top of that oil reservrees have plummeted. Is this the RIGHT time to go all out to leave and risk Scotlands future ?. Would a more cautious politician just tread with a little more care and wait and see ?. Would they not foster friendly and constructive relationships with all parties to try and find a common ground and heal wounds ?. That would be the most sensible way of leading your population towards an eventual independence vote even if you violently disagree with the BREXIT.

Throwing tantrums and mouthing threats only alienates the woman and makes her no friends.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 11:20 am

As oil was the last mainstay of Scottish wealth after all of the other typically Scottish industries had been killed off by Thatcher and her cohorts, it is no surprise that we are now depending on whisky and tourism to keep us afloat.

Yes, Scotland is struggling a bit these days, but nobody would or should blame our exalted First Minister for that.

When we finally get out from under London rule via independence we will be able to start to run our economy for Scotland first.

Then, if our fortunes do not pick up we can blame nobody but ourselves.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Sun 03 Jul 2016, 4:36 pm

Hi all,

Quite correct Paps...But its a sad state of affairs is it not.

Again why the mad rush and arrogance by the woman??. Is that honestly the best way to go and wind everybody up. Don't you even think she aught to have at leasrt some tact ???.

Technician

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 19 Aug 2017, 12:51 am