Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

We have had a break from the referendum.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12447
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

We have had a break from the referendum.

Post by papa_umau on Mon 20 Jun 2016, 12:07 pm

The sad death of Jo Cox has given us all a break from the constant lies and warnings thrown around during the referendum campaign, but now this machine on both sides is gearing up again for one last push.

I don't know about you folks, but I am "up to here" with this battle of words and I am now looking forward to casting my vote in three days.

In or out Britain WILL survive, and finally it will be good to actually see what will happen afterwards.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Re: We have had a break from the referendum.

Post by Nuthin fancy on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 11:34 am

Hi all,

Well all, back from Germany and thanks for that reasoned response. it goes without saying that the vile act of 'murdering' an MP who is standing up for her views and constituents rights disgusts all who care about this country. Its beyond contempt and we bless her family.

Not long to go now. Mixed views from the Germans I spoke to, some are very unhappy with the state of Germany, others think we should stay in. Interesting views form UK drivers here ( most want out ) Here:

http://www.fairmotoring.com/index.php?entry_id=1466445358

Myself and my good lady have put plans in place now in case we have a remain vote.

I see Nicola Sturgeon has made it clear this morning that she would push for the adoption of the Euro if Scotlasnd as an independent country joined the EU...Wonder if she has asked the Scottish people ?.

I am not into predictions, but I will predict this ( and of course I may be wrong ! ). If we vote LEAVE then Sturgeon, for all her blustering will not push for the Independence referendum.

She needs to realise that this vote is a vote of the UK ( of which Scotland is still a part, and voted to stay out ). That is the will of the UK population, as Scotland has no mandate to follow a different path, they are part of the UK.

Secondly the Scottish economy is doing badly ( and will do much worse if it leaves the UK and the English firms leave ). On top of that oil reserves have taken a plumet. The Scottish people are canny, not stupid and I think she will risk another defeat if she tried for independence again so soon.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12447
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:21 am

Actually, Sturgeon and all of the political leaders from all of the parties in Scotland are urging us to vote remain.

Sturgeon said yesterday that she does not want Scotland to be bumped into another independence referendum too soon and she is hoping that the 49 percent of the Scots who voted for independence now vote to remain. She expects that all of the other political parties in Scotland, especially the Labour party, and at least half of the Tory party supporters are going to vote to remain as well.

We do not have to wait long now for this result as it is expected that they will start to come in later today.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 19 Oct 2017, 10:19 am