Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Crimestoppers number: 0800555111

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12351
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Crimestoppers number: 0800555111

Post by papa_umau on Mon 20 Jun 2016, 11:24 am

Just about everybody will know about Crimestoppers as it has been well advertised on the TV, but do any of you know the  anonymous number that you might need to report a crime in progress ?

Just about every good citizen will want to help the police catch the crooks and scammers, but many might be nervous about the process of actually doing it.

Because the using of the number above is totally anonymous you do not need to worry that there might be repercussions attached to doing it.

Even if you are still concerned that they might try to find out your calling number by recalling it using 1471, you can stop this too by prefixing any number you dial with the number 141.

Find out more about this subject from BT HERE

Please find the Crimestoppers website HERE

One of the important issues that might be known about at this referendum time is the risk of what is known as "electoral fraud" and this is exactly the time that the decent people should keep an eye on the process to ensure that nothing like this happens on this once-in-a-lifetime decision.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Re: Crimestoppers number: 0800555111

Post by Nuthin fancy on Wed 22 Jun 2016, 11:50 am

Hi All,

Thanks for that Paps. Can I add a true, but perhaps cautionary story ??.

About 3 months ago myself and my good lady went to a village near us for lunch and shopping. Its quite a well to do area, and we went into a nice Weatherspoons pub for a snack. On going into the loo I bumped into two very well dressed guys who were clearly exchanging a small packet of a 'substance' and cash was being handed over.

I ignored this and had a pee, and on coming out noticed the two guys at the bar having a drink, and they just looked over at me. We left the pub, and on the way out one of the guys engaged me and my wife in casual conversation, weather etc as though he was sussing us out.

We left and my wife was convinced they were drug dealers. Later that day my neighbour over the road was in and we had a chat and I told him about this. He is a police officer in our town and he said that there was a drug issue in the village, but as they were fairly affluent it was often hard drugs such as coccaine.

He said he would inform his mates at the local nick and see if they had any CCTV in the pub to see if they could identify the guys.

He said I should phone crimestoppers as well to inform them. So next moring I phone crimestoppers....And got the cold shoulder !!.

A far from pleasant woman on the phone said we cannot deal with this and I should phone the police !! ( already informed I said and told her about my mate ). She would have non of it. Can't help she said and almost put the phone down on me.

Don't know if my experience is untypical but they were a ruddy waste of space!!!

By the way the local cops did identify these guys from CCTV and they were well known to be dealing. They have enough evidence it seems to prosecute and they are now awaiting trial.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12351
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:12 am

Great stuff Technician. I hope that those drug crooks get what they deserve.

I was sad to hear that you had less than a good response from the Crimestoppers operative.

I guess that after doing that job for a while the operatives can get a big jaded.

It is bad service like that that puts people off from reporting crimes that they have seen.

I have often said that we in Britain need to learn how to deal properly with phone conversations. The Americans blow us away with their high quality services, and in many ways we could emulate them.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 25 Sep 2017, 4:12 pm