Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Short changed again

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Short changed again

Post by Nuthin fancy on Mon 30 May 2016, 10:03 am

Hi All,

We all know product downsizing is not new, but the latest news relates to our ice creams.

Now that the warm weather approaches many of us will be dipping in the freezers for our favourite ices. Magnum have managed to reduce the size of the standard ice cream by up to 20% ( while keeping the price the same ! ) and Ben and Gerry have reuced the standard tub size by up to 30% (again the price is the same ). The excuse is that sizes are smaller to reduce obesity and are in line with EU rules! ( Yeah, another good reason to vote OUT !!! ).

Well, they can stuff em. I have bought the mini boxes at Aldi ( I think there are 12 ice creams in those ) and they still came in at less than 2.00 a box....Very nice, and just small enough. Give em a try !

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12186
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Short changed again

Post by papa_umau on Mon 30 May 2016, 11:27 am

Yes, I did see that in the consumer news. Of course this has been a trick of the marketeers, ( as I call them ), for many years.

They slowly reduce the product size hoping we will not notice and then they offer us a new and "big" one, ( normal size ), for a rise in cost just a few months afterwards.

I too buy the mini-chocolate ice-cream lollies from Aldi, as me, the wife, and the grand-kids love em.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 02 Jun 2016, 11:19 am

Not just lollies and ice-creams, as almost all sweets of any kind have suffered this trick for yonks.

I guess if we want these products we just have to pay our money and take our choice.

I will ask the wife to try the Aldi stuff next time she is out shopping.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12186
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Post by papa_umau on Fri 03 Jun 2016, 11:28 am

It is the relatively cheap sweets and ice-creams from Aldi that are my guilty secret and I do not need that kind of temptation when I am on a long-term diet.

It is the high cost of these products from the other retailers that stops me from buying into such wickedness. clown

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun 20 Aug 2017, 6:56 am