Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Corbyn now more popular that Cameron.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12192
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Corbyn now more popular that Cameron.

Post by papa_umau on Tue 17 May 2016, 11:34 am

Jeremy Corbyn more popular than David Cameron for first time, new poll reveals.

David Cameron's approval rating has fallen below Jeremy Corbyn's for the first time, a new poll has revealed.

Just 34 per cent of voters said the Prime Minister was doing a good job, while 58 per cent felt he was not.

The 24 per cent difference is worse than the 22 point difference between the 30 per cent who approve of the job Mr Corbyn is doing and the 52 per cent who disapprove.

The Labour leader could scarcely be called universally popular, and his rating barely beats Mr Cameron's - while fewer total voters approve of him - but the new YouGov poll offers far better news for him than most have since he became leader.

The full report from The Independent HERE

While at first, this looks as if Corbyn has grown in popularity, I think that this has just happened because Cameron's popularity is slipping fast while Corbyn's popularity is solid amongst the left wing in Britain.

Sadly, I do not think that Corbyn could win an election for Labour if he tried it in the near future.

Papa......

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 251
    Registration date : 2015-05-09

Re: Corbyn now more popular that Cameron.

Post by Gandhi on Thu 19 May 2016, 7:38 am

Maths never was your strong point was it Paps?

The last time I looked, 34 was larger than 30, so, Mr Corbyn is NOT more popular than Cameron

Just because the media misrepresents Corbyn doesn't give you carte blanche to do the same to Cameron

G
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 19 May 2016, 11:22 am

I did not say that, I just reported what YouGov said.

Try reading it again and maybe you will then see what they are getting at.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 19 May 2016, 11:39 am

I honestly think that what we are seeing here is the old idea that statistics can say just about anything that the statisticians want them to say.

Whenever any source throws numbers at me I always treat them with a criticical eye.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 20 May 2016, 12:05 pm

Yes, while polling statistics are only as good as the group that are doing the poll, and the quality of the sample of the electorate that was polled is good enough and varied enough, I think that when a number of polls start to agree with each other we can then start to believe in what they say.

Quite simply, Cameron is fast losing support from the previous Tory electorate while Corbyn's support is rock solid from the left of centre of Labour.

Of course, as I said before, this is no indication of how Corbyn might do in the next national election.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 21 May 2016, 12:10 pm

That certainly was a very strange way to say that Corbyn is more popular that Cameron.

I think the fact that the Tories are again split right down the middle by the in/out referendum argument it is no surprise that Cameron is losing his popularity in and out of his party.

I have to agree though, that Corbyn does not have enough supporters from the hard left to get him elected to govern or be Prime Minister.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 22 May 2016, 12:12 pm

The Labour party are working very hard to prove to the populace that Labour CAN be trusted with the economy.

This is their greatest problem as there is no doubt that the Labour party of the past were seen to be wasteful with taxpayers money.

They have a big job to do to lift Labour's reputation in these ways before the next general election.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:26 am