Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Thousands to miss out on first choice places.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12447
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Thousands to miss out on first choice places.

Post by papa_umau on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 12:29 pm

Thousands of pupils are expected to have missed out on their first choice of primary school for this summer, initial figures revealed.

By Javier Espinoza, education editor of The Daily Telegraph.

The percentage of pupils not getting their first choice is expected to remain at around 12 per cent as teachers express their concerns over who will be in charge of creating places if all schools are forced to become academies.

The figures showed that in some places over 10 per cent of pupils are missing out on their first choice for primary school, including Essex, Hull and Ealing where 17 per cent of pupils didnt get their first choice.

In Leeds, 13 per cent of children didnt receive their first choice while in Southend 12 per cent failed to do so, figures showed.

Read more on this HERE

I don't know about you guys, but this frantic rush to turn all of our schools into academies and out of the control of the local authorities is scaring me to death.

I have to ask if there is no direction that the Tory government will not take to turn all of our public services into private ones ?

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Re: Thousands to miss out on first choice places.

Post by Nuthin fancy on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 3:05 pm

Hi all,

The privatisation agenda (MY big fear is the health one ) pervades all the crooked thinking here, and we are seeing schools being bu**ered up by this government.

HOWEVER the pressure on services is SERIOUSLY fueled by mass immigration ( too many people in a too small an island ?? )

UNTIL we get control again from the EU this country is wide open and it is only going to get worse. This is ONE, and ONLY ONE effect of mass immigration. which will impact our public services and institutions with catastrophic effect.

However INDEPENDANCE DAY is coming !!!....Vote to get OUT before its too late

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 19 Apr 2016, 12:00 pm

I do see your argument Technician and in many ways support your thinking, but I do believe that the rampant "privatisation" agenda of the Tories is doing more harm than immigration does.

Of course we are quite a small country as far as square feet goes and this has to be considered by the governments of the future if the housing and road congestion is going to be tackled.

A very good first start to this would be the counting of both legal and illegal immigrants in Britain as the government have no clue about how many of these people are actually here already.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Miossing out on Places

Post by Nuthin fancy on Tue 19 Apr 2016, 4:08 pm

Hi all,

I ageree Paps, the ramapant privatisation is a disaster, and we do need to deal with the illgals, you are spot on. Still on this debate about sevices, The in/out debate will rage on until we vote, but I do feel 'Boy George' has shot himself in the foot after his 'economic disaster' speach by admiting that another 3 MILLION migrants will be allowed into the UK if we STAY in the EU!!!!!.

Just imagine the chaos...Now, having done a little more reading I have heard of a cracking way to serously hammer 'Call me Dave' and his cronies.

Rampant Corbyn supporters and hard 'lefites' are all telling us to STAY in the EU. They are under the misguded assumption; along with the Unions, that our 'employment rights' will improve, but fail to aknowledge that the hated 'capitalist' bankers ( Goldman Sachs etc ) also have a vested interest in staying in and keeping the status quo while trousering billions from 'corporate deals' with their buddies. Unfortunately Corbyn and his crew are somewhat 'dithering' in their approach to the EU, but have now decided the Labout Party is a Party of 'IN'.

What Corbyn and the rest of the Party should be doing is supporting Brexit. Why ??

Do wish the EU and unelected mandarins to run the UK ?
    Do you want a Labour Government to run the UK ?

I know which I want better, so Labour supporters, vote OUT.

This massive backlash against 'call me Dave' and the in group will ensure ( if its a big vote for out) that Cameron and his party will be in a state of civil war. Dave ( and Osborne ) will HAVE TO GO. Even Boris will not be able to save them. This lays the scenario wide open for a general election election and the high probability of a Labour victory ( lets face it its proabably the best chance Corbyn will have unless they can find a presentabale alternative ). Better to have Labour in for 4 years, as at least we can the ELECT who runs the country, and Labour supporters will be pi**ing themselves with excitement!.

Sounds far fetched ?. If that took place, then its the best chance Labour will have; and it give us back contol of our Country....The choice. Do you want to get the Tory's out and a new Labour government in, or have the EU rule you ??

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 20 Apr 2016, 11:15 am

I think that many more people would vote for STAY if they thought that we could really reform the EU.

I know that this task is a very hard one as getting proper democracy to work in Europe is almost impossible to do.

I, and many millions of others, still think that the best way to reform the EU and especially the EC is for us to stay right at the heart of it all.

One of the "outers" was saying yesterday that even if we got out we could still have a free trade deal with Europe, but that idea was rubbished as the states that have tried this have either still had to pay into the central pot or would find that such trade deals would have a lot of ties attached.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Wed 20 Apr 2016, 2:52 pm

Hi all,

Well Paps at least you live in hopes, but it is not going to happen. I don't think the Brexit crowd will win either, so the country will go down the pan. I have too much at stake here to just up and leave other wise even now I would, but I am hatching another plan.

I don't want to sit here and watch my country, whatewver its faults, be overun, and governed by unelected Mandarins with no regard for democracy.

I don't want to see London become 'Londistan', nor have terrorist stalk our cities, streets and women.

I don't want to sit back while native born British people are seen as second class citizens in their own country; fight for public services and see the same overwhelmed.

I don't want to walk down my street and listen to multitude of languages and find English in the minority.

I don't want to see Scotland break from the Uk, and all the talents and brains in that country go to Hell in a Handcart due to the ideologies of a few fanatical politicians.

We have a good friend ( the ex wife of my GP ) who is from Goa, and I know a few people who rent appartments and go for a few months in the winter there. We are serioulsy looking into this ( yes, I will be an immigrant but going the other way ! ) and try and spend a few months away from this sinking ship that is Britain.

I don't know if we can arrange it, sort the finances etc, but IF we stay in the EU then I am out of here for as long as I am able ( will post from India though ! )

PS, Just announced, THIS is why you will not reform your beloved EU: http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/662768/Dutch-referendum-EU-Brussels-Brexit-Ukraine-deal-visa-free-travel

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 11:30 am

Yes, those are good points, but I think that most of them stem from fear.

Of course I DO agree that the EU and the EC in particular, which is certainly an un-elected body that should either have it's power stripped from it or be shut down completely until an elected Central European government can take it's place. They are not going to do it until they are forced to.

Thanks for the link Technician and by that it is clear that democracy does not matter as far as the EC are concerned.

I do hope you enjoy your time in India, and I am sure you might so long as you are one of the rich elite there and not one of the terribly poor people in that country.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 1:44 pm

Hi all,

Paps, you are correct. There are many 'elites' in India, many whom are Indian!!. I know quite a few who have worked hard to get their lifestyle. I have no qualms, I have worked hard too, and many years ago worked in Pakistan. I have no illusions about the place, and I am somewhat conversant with the culture.

In Pakistan I had a lady who did the cleaning etc for me, but I also paid her well, as I do not believe in exploitation.

I would do just the same if I went back. I would be happy to move to Germany a country I love, but the very reason to get out of the Uk is to get out of the Eurozone countries !!!!.

Technician

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 22 Apr 2016, 11:26 am

I certainly get your point Technician about getting out of the EU countries, but moving to what is still a third-world country even although it is one of the most dynamic of all of the exporting countries means that you are going to be one side, or the other, from the terrible gulf of poverty in that "dynamic" country.

A decision which I would find extremely hard to make.

And, of course you may get your wish of Britain pulling out of the EU, and then that would be everything fixed, eh ?

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Fri 22 Apr 2016, 5:31 pm

Hi all,

Not everything 'fixed' Paps, but an opportunity to get back power to rule ourselves and control our own destiny.

As I say, I am increasingly sure that the Brexit side will not win. Cameron is doing a great job at scare tactics; and unfortunately a large % of the population will not research for themselves, but just accept that what he says must be right.

Staying in the EU will ultimatley ruin this country, and it will be too late then when people say 'we told you so'. The EU is VERY quiet now, but its ready with a new raft of 'legislation' to impose on us when we stay just for having the temerity to challenge them.

The only hope left is that some more enlightened countries have the balls to have a referendum and do indeed vote OUT. The triggers are all around. Incresing anger at the immigration fiasco, and the Euro currency unstability. Greece is once again in trouble, and will ultimately be in deep financial sh*t once again...its not a reprieve, just a stay of execution.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 23 Apr 2016, 12:15 pm

When a left of centre President of the USA supports a right of centre Prime Minister in Cameron, one has to wonder if what he says about brexit might come true.

One thing that cannot be denied is that as a full member of the EU, ( which we are not, even yet ), we would be a leading partner in a very powerful trading bloc that would be much more likely and more able to make good deals with America, and even China and India than Britain on it's own might have the strength to make.

We are no longer "Great Britain" as our empire is long gone, and apart from having the greatest financial-trading area in The Square Mile of London, in the world, we cannot survive on trading money alone.

Thanks to people like Cameron and his privateer cohorts of the past our manufacturing base is all but destroyed and with that asset gone we are beginning to look like a lame duck country that has little power of it's own any more.

As you have already said, "our defence capabilities are cut to the bone", and with that state to the fore we are no long even a world leading fighting force.

All we have are a few atomic-weapons-carrying subs that are going to be updated at a cost of around a hundred billion pounds, where the new Trident two missiles, ( bought from America ), are going to be the first line of defence for America.

Maybe that is why Obama wants to keep in with the Tories ?

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Sat 23 Apr 2016, 1:27 pm

Hi All,

Some good points Paps. Obama is a lame duck president, who on the quiet hates us. We can take what he says with a pinch of salt, as he ain't gong to be around; its just that lots of the mugs over here will fall for it.

Funny though as he would not sacrifice Americas freedoms in the same way he wants to dictate to the UK ??. Can't see all the Mexicans puouring over the border, or American laws being made in the EU can you??. He has ( and in this I don't blame him ) only Americals best interest at heart ( which is more than we can say about Cameron and the UK )

By the way Cameron is shi**ing himself now at the real prospect that Trump could get into the White House. Well its about time 'Call me Dave' got a fall from grace...Its going to be o an intertesting US election ( and a very different 'tune' if old Donald gets in! )

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 24 Apr 2016, 12:00 pm

I don't honestly think that Trump will get as far as the Whitehouse, as there are far too many people in politics in America that hate him with a vengeance.

We may see the first female President in Mrs Clinton if the Democrats get enough votes.

Mind you, that gives me a the shudders too.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 17 Oct 2017, 9:39 pm