Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Brexit would make the world more dangerous.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Brexit would make the world more dangerous.

Post by papa_umau on Mon 04 Apr 2016, 12:26 pm

Brexit would only make world more dangerous, says David Petraeus,
    Former US general, enters EU referendum debate by saying west is under attack from multiple threats and should pull together.

A British exit from the EU would make it “even more dangerous and difficult” to manage the world, the former head of the CIA David Petraeus has said.

In the latest intervention into the EU referendum security debate, Petraeus called for the west to draw together at a precarious time in global affairs as he warned that an isolationist approach always ends with calamitous results.

In an article for the Sunday Telegraph, Petraeus wrote: “Given the dangers and challenges that threaten us around the world, this is a moment when the west and its institutions, including the EU, need to be drawing together – not pulling apart.

At least from a national security standpoint, none of the problems the US and UK face will become easier to solve if the UK is out of the EU; on the contrary, I fear that a ‘Brexit’ would only make our world even more dangerous and difficult to manage.”

The full report from Nicolas Watt, Chief Political Correspondent of The Guardian HERE

I am a bit suspicious of the motives of this former American General when it is well known that Britain is at the first line of defence for America in any world conflict.

Agree or disagree.....?

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

More dangerous

Post by Nuthin fancy on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 9:22 am

Hi all,

I am trying to keep out of all this!. perhaps I have said enough and we need to wait until we vote.HOWEVER !!!....

I would take all the US says on this with a a pinch of salt. They are still isolationist, and in saying that I have not anything against the USA. As for defence the EU is not the issue, its NATO we are in. Our greatest threat is from mass immigration which we will never be able to control if we stay in the EU as our borders are open. We hear this week that people mainly in the south and west of the UK now have to wait outside GP surgeries for hours to get any chance of seeing a DR that day, or wait about 3 weeks for a booked appointment.

While we need to invest in GP's and attract them to the job, and we also have an incresingly elderly population which does not help. The great strain however is the incresing pressure on services brought about by mass immigration. This will only get worse...THAT is the danger to the UK.

As I write this Austria is in the process of erecting an armed border fence to stop migrants arriving from Italy. While we see a pathetic few being returned to a 'reluctant' Turkey ( who are happy to take the 'billions of Euro's in bribes and blame the EU for the problem ) there is a relative 'Tsunami' of migrants decending upon Libya which will make the Greek crisis look like a sideshow.

The next great push will be through Italy, and the Italians are well pi**ed off about it. People in this country are becoming incresingly alarmed at the loss of democracy and the mass of ( in many instasnces ) economic migrants heading to these shores with all the attendant problems. Its already in Germany.
    In Cologne there are some 55 thefts per day of purses and wallets of which 95% have been stolen by immigrants allowed into the country. Something the Germans don't like us to know, along with the true number of sex attacks perpetrated by these individuals on western women going about their lawful business.

Cameron is desperate to keep the 'true number' of migrants who are in this country secret from the populace, but its going to come out in full before the vote and he is not happy one bit!!

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Re: Brexit would make the world more dangerous.

Post by papa_umau on Tue 05 Apr 2016, 11:36 am

A lot of interesting stuff there Technician, which I mostly agree with.

I have to take issue with you on your "mass immigration" quote as we do not have "open borders" like the Schengen nations, ( who you rightly say are building fences as fast as they can ), and as long as the French control who gets onto the trains, the lorries, and the boats to get across or under our natural border of The English Channel we WILL be able to decide who comes into Britain and who doesn't

France have already said that if we pull out of the EU they will stop vetting possible immigrants to Britain.

If they do this then we WILL have a problem on our hands.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Brexit

Post by Nuthin fancy on Wed 06 Apr 2016, 2:05 pm

Hi all,

Yes paps, its going to get worse before it gets better. France can do as it likes. All the better they let em through, as IF we exit then we can sort out our own borders here ( although considering the state of our border force both 'now' and 'then' its not going to make a lot of difference ). We need as Farage has said an Australian points system, which has vastly REDUCED the numbers of illegals trying to make it to Australia.

Only again today there is news of massive pressures on the NHS due to this migrant influx. This time its the number of migrants using our NHS maternity sevices and child health services. ( Unfortunately they breed as well ).

I know a bit about this as my good lady was a nurse and midwife in the NHS for 40 years and she is well aware of the number of migrants swamping materity services. I think if you ask any midwife in the country they would confirm this. As I said, its got to stop. You know my views that the Brexit supporters will not win this vote as the 'dirty tricks brigade' are in full swing.

Let us see what the Dutch do today in their vote, and if they give a bloody nose to the EU. Win or loose the EU is finished. It is only a matter of time before the groundswell of public opposition brings the whole edifice down.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 07 Apr 2016, 11:37 am

I don't know about you Technician, but I would hope that if France do not stop the "hordes" from getting over or under the channel we would have to then repatriate them by force at the ports and the Chunnel stations.

Watching all of those innocent children being forced onto transports to take them back from Greece to Turkey is a heartbreaking sight for any human to bear.

I hope we would never have to do that.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Thu 07 Apr 2016, 3:33 pm

Hi All,

So do I paps, but then we need to do as Australia has done. Stop them from coming in the first place.

By the way the Dutch have voted and given a clear NO. You will not find it reported on SKY or the biased BBC though. let us sit back now and see if the EU say its not valid, or try to force another vote until they get the result they want as they dd with Ireland....So much for 'democracy'!!

See the story HERE:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/658953/Dutch-referendum-Brexit-fans-rejoice-vote-humiliates-European-Union-Ukraine

AND:

Sign the petition to stop Camorom distributing "Stay in the EU" leaflets.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/116762
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 08 Apr 2016, 11:44 am

Yes, I saw that news item yesterday Technician.

If that is what they want then good for them.

What happens in Australia is a good example for us, but who stops them getting on planes and boats and trains in France if they want to come here, if the French authorities don't.

What will happen, is that as the trains and boats and planes arrive in Britain it is us that are going to have to gather them together, put them into some temporary ghetto or camp somewhere and eventually ship them back to somewhere in Europe or to their country of origin, even if they are almost certainly going to be killed if we do that.

We have to remember that most of these people are war refugees and we cannot just treat them as economic immigrants.

It is easy to say, but it is not so easy to do.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Brexit etc

Post by Nuthin fancy on Sat 09 Apr 2016, 9:51 am

Hi All,

Paps, to quote: 'What will happen, is that as the trains and boats and planes arrive in Britain it is us that are going to have to gather them together, put them into some temporary ghetto or camp somewhere and eventually ship them back to somewhere in Europe or to their country of origin, even if they are almost certainly going to be killed if we do that'.

Yes, unfortunately that may be the case, and of course we have a 'border force' not fit for purpose. Saving all those millions per day by getting out of the EU could allow more funds to be diverted to them ( but I am not holding my breath on that one ).

I certainly DO NOT want genuine asylum seekers in danger of their lives being returned to their countries when danger threatens, and we need to act to protect them. Unfortunately the great mass of rabble attempting to enter the UK are anything but; ( again, look at the plethora of young men with cell phones and designer trainers trying to get here ! ) They should be sent straight back and defend their OWN countries. We have to stem this flow soon if we are to have any chance of retaining any of our identity and democracy.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 09 Apr 2016, 12:03 pm

I think we now fully agree on that, except, if we do have thousands of refugees, and others, getting over the channel and into Britain we are going to have a very hard job of deciding if they are genuine refugees who have a right to asylum or they are just economic migrants looking for a soft touch in Britain.

As you rightly say, "our Border Force are not fit for purpose" and if this is the case how are they going to be able to handle the "hordes" as they arrive on Britain's soil.

We have already seen that the Schengen signatory countries have started to put up high fences with razor wire to try to stop these "hordes" from getting into greater Europe and I think that sadly we may finish up doing the same, as well as having twenty odd miles of sea between us and Europe.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 5:14 pm