Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Migrants more likely to be in work.

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2406
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Migrants more likely to be in work.

Post by Angie baby on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 2:09 pm

Migrants 'More Likely To Be In Work Than Brits'

A large majority of EU migrants are in work in the UK but they are also more likely to be claiming in-work benefits, a study says.

A study by the Institute for Public Policy Research shows 83% of migrants from the newest EU members - including the eastern European states - are in work, as are 75% from the other 14 EU countries, compared with 74% for UK nationals.

But central and eastern European migrants tend to be in low-skilled, poorly-paid jobs, earning an average of 3 an hour less than UK nationals, the data shows.

When I read this from Sky News today, I was not surprised, as I have always thought that when people come to Britain they do so in order to earn a wage.

Here's the Sky news page that reports this: http://news.sky.com/story/1666690/migrants-more-likely-to-be-in-work-than-brits

Because many of them do not have the skills to get into decent jobs they also have to get work at the minimum wage rates that many of the Brits will not take.

Of course this means that more of them are able to claim "in work" benefits.

I have to ask, is this a good thing, or a bad thing ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12108
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Migrants more likely to be in work.

Post by papa_umau on Mon 28 Mar 2016, 12:36 pm

The general feeling that migrants come here to leach off our welfare state has to be wrong when we know that they will work at just about anything, unlike many of the Brits.

If they are stuck on benefits they will never be able to afford to live here AND send money back home too.

Britain's economy depends on - to a degree - the working drive of these people, many of whom are coming here from war-torn and poverty-stricken countries.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Post by Nuthin fancy on Mon 28 Mar 2016, 8:20 pm

Mmmm,

Got to agree that in this country there are too many Brits who are nothing less than lazy, and who refuse to get out of bed and do a good days work. That said if there was less exploitation and better wages that may be an incentive to work harder in this expensive country.

Many of the immigrants are hard working and I know quite a few who are great at what they do ( tradesmen ). They work and send money home.( as their wages here are high as to say in Albania ) No problem.

That said its now getting silly. there are far too many economic migrants over here, and unfortunately many who wish to milk the system and get benefits. If it was not so easy to get them in this country why the hell are they all flocking over here ??. Try going to India or the Far East as an economic migrant and see how far you get.

Its got to stop. I am all in favour of a 'Trump' solution and shutting our borders.

The REAL danger, which I am afraid has come to pass is the infiltration of Jihadi fanatics in these migrant groups who's only aim is to wreck destructiuon and death in Europe.
    If these fanatics want to return to barabarism and the middle ages then fine, but don't export that to western democracies ( what's left of them ).

They need to sort their own countries out first. Fine to let people in but again two issues. We have not got the room (geography) to continue to do this, and our public services will reach a state of collapse....As I have said if we STAY in the EU this will only get worse, and we are reaching a stage when there will be a widespread public backlash.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 29 Mar 2016, 11:37 am

You might be shocked at this response but I agree that while the Jehadis are trying to infiltrate many of the Western countries as simple refugees we have no idea how many potential suicide bombers are coming in with them.

With that in mind I agree that our borders SHOULD be closed until the strife in the middle East quietens down or the likes of ISIL are wiped out.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Migrants etc

Post by Nuthin fancy on Tue 29 Mar 2016, 12:24 pm

Hi all,

As I have always said, this is a board that allows free expression of views and allows people to raise rip off issues first and foremost. Thanks for that Paps. Also they need to be raised in the spirit of politeness and respect which for 99% of the time prevails.

I am not that surprised at your response Paps, I am sure we are all on the same side, but just approach things differetly !!!. I think we all agree the situation cannot contiunue as it is as its unsustainable.....Unfortunately the future is going to be very unpredictable and I do worry how it will all end.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 30 Mar 2016, 11:03 am

Don't we all Technician, don't we all.

Surely we can base who comes into our country by using entry visas as many other countries do, including America.

NO VISA NO ENTRY.

Any people who get into the country illegally should then be sent straight back home.

The only weakness with this is that the asylum-seeker rules bypass the normal visa entry controls.

What a mess !

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2520
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 31 Mar 2016, 11:48 am

I was shocked recently to find that our government has no clue as to how many illegal immigrants are in Britain today.

The very first thing we should do is to count them and publish the figures.

I hate to say this, but maybe Trump is right ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 01 Apr 2016, 11:59 am

I wouldn't go that far mate, as Trump is proving to be an embarrasement to the Republican party with his comment that "women who get abortions should be punished"

After he was quickly pulled for this stupid statement he backtracked so fast that he made himself look like the idiot he is.

God help us all if the Republican party give him the nomination for the presidential race and he wins it.

His latest fau-pas was saying that if he was President he would not necessarily disagree with nuking Europe.

I do not know why, when there are so many guns in America and fools that would use them, that he has not been shot by one of those people.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 26 Jul 2017, 1:43 pm