Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Legalise cannabis and bring in 1 billion in tax.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12578
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Legalise cannabis and bring in 1 billion in tax.

Post by papa_umau on Wed 09 Mar 2016, 10:54 am

Cannabis legalisation in UK 'would raise 1bn a year in taxes'

Study calls for UK to follow lead of some US states and allow the sale of cannabis to over-18s in licensed retail stores.

The study, which was carried out by a panel of experts including scientists, academics and police chiefs, calls for the UK to follow the lead of some US states.

Read the report from The Independent HERE

I am sure you will have heard this story many times before, but this time it may very well "come to pass".

Do you think that Cannabis should be legalised and taxed or would this just be the thin end of the wedge for legalising other proscribed drugs ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2661
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Legalise cannabis and bring in 1 billion in tax.

Post by zathrus on Thu 10 Mar 2016, 12:07 pm

I agree with this as long as the quality and the strength of the cannabis is well examined and controlled before it goes on sale.

I would also like to see prostitution legalised too as this would protect the girls that ply their trade off the streets, and in proper brothels, and the government could get a whack of employment and building taxes from that direction too.

AND....NO... I do not use prostitutes, just in case you were thinking that. Evil or Very Mad affraid
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 11 Mar 2016, 12:33 pm

Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing Very Happy Laughing lol!

I don't think anybody here thinks that mate.

They have actually talked about legalising prostitution and Cannabis for many years but it never seems to get passed in Commons votes. I have no idea why this is the case.

Anybody ?

One thing that I can see the reason for is the fact that they talk about banning the high-stakes one-arm bandits, but never do, as the government gets very large tax incomes from these betting machines.

Last edited by papa_umau on Sun 13 Mar 2016, 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 12 Mar 2016, 1:45 pm

One great thing that would come about, on top of the tax that was taken by prostitution and legalised cannabis, would be that these trades would be taken out of the hands of organised crime.

I have no clue about why this has not been done in Britain, do any of you good peeps ?
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 13 Mar 2016, 1:57 pm

While the idea sounds OK, in fact, in practice this has not been found to be the case in some liberalised countries.

Amsterdam, in Holland, has been the world's showcase for this kind of liberalism, but in fact it has not worked very well there at all.

Read this report from The Spectator magazine where you will find that not only has legalisation not reduced prostitution or taken it out of the hands of the criminal pimps, but it has increased this trade and has not protected the sex-workers either.

A very difficult subject I think.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu 23 Nov 2017, 2:56 pm