Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

War against electric cars...AGAIN.

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12192
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

War against electric cars...AGAIN.

Post by papa_umau on Tue 23 Feb 2016, 12:10 pm

Koch Brothers Go To War Against Electric Cars, Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla Motors, says.

The Koch Brothers of Texas have long been bętes noires to the progressive side of the political spectrum.

Now, it appears, the dynamic duo are taking on what they perceive as a threat to their fossil-fuel interests: electric cars.

And Elon Musk, CEO of highly visible electric-car maker Tesla Motors, responded in his usual fashion: by tweeting:

The saga began Thursday with an article on Huffington Post, "The Kochs Are Plotting A Multimillion-Dollar Assault On Electric Vehicles."

It alleges that "energy giants are worried" that electric cars may "come back to life" after they were "killed" once already.

So, suggests author and freelance reporter Peter Stone, "It's time to kill it again."

In pursuit of that goal, he says, "refining industry sources" will spend up to $10 million a year to attack government incentives for plug-in vehicle adoption and promote petroleum-based fuels for transportation.

Get the full story from America and Green Car Reports HERE

I had always thought that the fossil fuels and especially the oil industry had been attacking the electric car industry as if it really gets big the result for the sales in the fossil fuel industries could be very damaging indeed.

I will be watching this closely and I will update any news on this front as soon as I get it.s

Papa......

Gandhi
    Sergeant
    Sergeant

Number of posts : 251
    Registration date : 2015-05-09

Re: War against electric cars...AGAIN.

Post by Gandhi on Tue 23 Feb 2016, 12:35 pm

Any subsidy means the thing being subsidised is not viable and is being promoted by someone elses money. If you had to pay a 10$ tax on every tankful of petrol to pay for electric cars you would soon get pi$$ed off
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:13 pm

The subsidies that we get - that might disappear - are there to encourage us to buy electric cars, ( that are already too expensive ), and to install photovoltaic panels and other green power-savers that are also very expensive to install without help.

The enlightened governments in many countries all give their people subsidies to help with the buying of green power methods, but this government really hates spending on anything that will help the not-so-rich people to improve their lot.

If they were to grab the tax that is lost in the tax evasion schemes and scrap the new Trident two submarines and bases, this would easily pay for the subsidies that are put to green enterprises.

The idea that Obama had to tax the very cheap oil and road-fuels in America compared with what we pay, was a great idea, but of course the Republicans will not let him do that.

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 25 Feb 2016, 12:02 pm

I have often wondered just how many great inventions have been killed off by the oil-company moguls.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 26 Feb 2016, 12:08 pm

Yeah, me too Zath'.

The conspiracy nuts of the world have been hammering on about the numbers of inventions that have been discovered and killed off by the fossil fuels people, and I thing that some of these points might be right, if not all of them.

There's ten pages of such theories in the Google search box HERE

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 21 Aug 2017, 9:14 am