Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Britain to get influx of 50,000 immigrants...

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12456
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Britain to get influx of 50,000 immigrants...

Post by papa_umau on Tue 09 Feb 2016, 12:30 pm

Britain 'faces influx of 50,000 asylum seekers' if it leaves the European Union

"If Britain leaves the EU, France will stop allowing UK officials to make checks in Calais", David Cameron says.

Thousands of asylum seekers could camp on British soil if the UK quits the European Union, Downing Street has warned.

David Cameron is to warn that a Brexit would lead to camps of illegal immigrants in the UK because France could stop allowing UK officials to make their immigration checks on the French side of the border.

Get the full story from The Daily Telegraph HERE

Do we really want this to happen in Britain ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2619
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Britain to get influx of 50,000 immigrants...

Post by zathrus on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 12:39 pm

Of course nobody wants to see that around Dover or the Chunnel exit, but surely we should be able to police what comes out of the ferries and the tunnel trains.

If they are illegal then just send them back.
    Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Post by Nuthin fancy on Thu 11 Feb 2016, 11:20 pm

Hi all,

What total CRAP !!. If WE leave the EU WE control our borders. Is Cameron ( if he is still around if we vote OUT ) going to let them IN???:. Just watch the public backlash !!!

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 12 Feb 2016, 12:50 pm

I have to agree that this idea of Cameron's is way "out", ( excuse the pun ), there as although it will be harder to shut down our border this side of the channel once they are already here, because France are no longer stopping them on their side of the channel, it will not be impossible to do this.

What I could see happening is that hard-line xenophobes that are organised might be found battling with immigrants that come off the trains and the lorries and the buses that are let across the channel.

The possibility is simply horrific. affraid

Papa......

Hell's Granny
    General
    General

Number of posts : 1284
    Registration date : 2009-10-14

Post by Hell's Granny on Sat 13 Feb 2016, 4:23 pm

The best way to stop immigrants coming through the Chunnel is to close it if we leave the EU.

Won't happen of course, and I doubt we'll leave anyway. There are more problems ahead for us if we leave than if we stay.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 1:00 pm

Yes, you are dead right my dear.

The Brexit voters are going to rue the day that Britain pulls out of Europe.

It is only after the fact that they will realise what they have done.

"TOO LATE"..... will be the cry. Sad

Papa......

TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 486
    Registration date : 2008-08-26

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Sun 14 Feb 2016, 2:44 pm

Where's the queue? What date/time? I'll be there with bells on!
    Tuppence
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 15 Feb 2016, 12:20 pm

Coming to Britain from America is not a hard thing to do so long as you go through all of the visa requirements.

HERE are the official requirements to be able to do this lawfully.

To be able to stay here after coming from America on a short-stay visa is a whole different ballgame.

We have enough illegal aliens hiding in our country as it is.

Strangely, because of Scotland's low head of population it is much easier to come to Scotland to study, work, and eventually stay because of the SNP government's open arms policy. And, here it is in black and white.

Papa......

TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Mon 15 Feb 2016, 2:27 pm

Sigh. Paul. I know the immigration rules/laws better than you do. I read every update and change they make. Unless I marry an Englishman (which since I find green card marriages morally reprehensible-ain't a gonna happen) I'm not going to be able to do it. Every British male I know is either married, in a relationship or queer as a $3 bill. So that's not an option. The best/worst part, for me st least, is I read these reports about how easily people get in who-know nothing of British history or culture, don't speak English and have no intention of EVER assimilating into society. Them they let in by the boatload. Me? Hells no. I may not speak English as my first language and will probably never pronounce coffee properly but at least I speak enough of it to put the words in the right places, understand what is said yo me and get my point across without offending too terribly.
    I do not have an industry I can slot into. I have my own business (which I could more easily do there than here) but I don't have the required startup fees so that's out. The current amount listed is 150,000.00 which is an obscene amount of cash to buy a sewing machine, overlock machine and an upholstery machine. A website, professionally done, with online payment at top price is maybe $5k. I have a friend who'll set me up a nice site for about 350. The machines, maybe another grand. If the voltage would match I wouldn't even need to spend that.
    Madness.
    Tuppence
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 16 Feb 2016, 12:19 pm

Mark my words Tuppence.....After the SNP government in Scotland get all of the powers promised in the referendum deal, it will be MUCH easier for you to get into Scotland than it is to get into England Wales and Ireland.

If we ever get independence, and this is not an IF, but a WHEN then coming to Scotland as an emigree will become VERY easy, especially if you bring acceptable working skills with you.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Wed 17 Feb 2016, 4:18 pm

Hi all

Tuppence, if you want to come to the UK welcome. If you want to go to Scotland, which is a great country you will be welcomed there also and have a great time.

One provisor, get there before the SNP try and get independence, as once they are on their own it will be a grim place with a radical, disfunctional government, a failing economy and mass migration. As they will still be in the EU ( if there is any of it left by that time ) they may also have the Euro. They certainly won't have much oil left though....Welcome to the disfunctional 'British Isles' !!!

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 18 Feb 2016, 11:45 am

A lot of "bad news" there attached to Scotland getting it's independence, but even if some of that might be true, much of it is conjecture.

We will not know all of the ins and outs of being independent until it actually happens.

One thing is sure, and that is that Scotland feels more European than many of the other countries in the UK.

We will also welcome valuable, working, immigrants that will be good for the country as far as lifting the head of population and paying taxes is concerned.

I might suggest that you do not pay too much attention to Technician's scare-stories Tuppence, as he is a supporter of UKIP, and like many of the UKIP members can only see the bad that comes from immigration.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Immigrants etc

Post by Nuthin fancy on Fri 19 Feb 2016, 7:23 pm

Hi all,

In a way Paps is quite correct, I do support UKIP, and for the sole reason they are campaigning to get out of the EU. I think today as I write this we can see only too clearly how the EU is not willing to budge an inch to Cameron's demands. To say he is having it rough would be an understatement. I expect him to have the 'fag end' of a deal soon, and no doubt that will be suffieicnt to sway the leftie 'luvvies' and many of the young people of this country, particularly those in the political hotbeds of our universities ( of which I have vast experience I may add !! ) to support the IN vote...In any case I seriously expect the vote to be 'rigged' or at least manipulated to keep us in.

That will be a sad day for the UK, but more importantly the EU will have us well and truly stiched up, and then the dictas will truly fly; and we shall be able to do nothing about it. Out borders will be wide open. Paps you talk about me being against immigrants, which is not true. I know many who make a good contributiuon to this country through hard work and obeying the laws we have, they are good friends of mine.

The issue is this and its that simple: We are a small, rain soaked island with public services which cannot cope with the needs of the resident population. We have energy resources which are seriously stretched with threats of the lights going out. We have overcrowded, expensive and dirty trains. We have a health service bled dry by 'health tourists' and it seriously in the red. We have insufficient jobs for our own young people....I could go on. We neither have the room or resources to allow unrestricted immigration. it makes common sense, and neither does Scotland have those resources!

Have you been to London recently ?. I wonder at times if I am in my own country. As for 'refugees', then I cannot recall anytime in history when they consisted mainly of young fit men with designer gear and having the latest technnology to hand. If things are so bad in their own countries, then they should be back home fighting for their freedoms as our grandfathers did when this country was threatened.

To get back to the EU. Britain is only ONE of its problems. The Euro is again under threat, the economies of Portugal and Italy are close to melt down and Germany is feeling the financial heat as it realises how much the 'uncontrolled immigration' is costing it, with severe strain now being felt on its health services. In the end the whole edifice may well collapse in on itself with any luck!

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sat 20 Feb 2016, 12:10 pm

I cannot disagree with you on most of that thoughtful entry to ROB, but, I always try to see the best of situations rather than the worst.

There is no doubt that the British government, ( any government ), need to sort out many of the things that are wrong with Britain, and the things that are wrong in the EU need to be sorted too.

What needs to be sorted in Britain has little or nothing to do with Europe and what needs to be sorted in Europe will not be sorted from outside it.

Cameron, bless his Tory heart, seems to be trying his level best to get Britain a good deal in Europe before sending us to any Brexit referendum, but as you say Technician, he is going to come back with the worst kinds of compromises and the "outers" are going to see through that bad deal very quickly and easily.

I suspect that if we do draw out we will see that exporting to Europe afterwards will be a very difficult thing to do, because Britain will be afterwards put into a situation where we will find ourselves out here on the Atlantic without any European friends any more.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Sat 20 Feb 2016, 5:07 pm

Hi All,

Paps, I admire your persistance about a reformed EU. If only.

I know you want that for the best of reasons, and indeed I could agree with all of that. IF it could be reformed, and IF we could work together for the common good and IF we were an equal partner. Time and time again this system does not work. What do we get for our 35 million PER DAY ??.

We are despised and ignored buy many of the EU countries (Belgium is a prime example, and God only knows why considering how they have been helped in the past ). If you want a prime example of contempt for democracy then look at Greece.

This is an organisation which is quite happy to ride roughshod over the views of the people ( again look what they did to Ireland, made them have a second vote so they could get the right one ! ).

I don't know about Cameron. There was a lot of bluster and bullshit and he certainly gave the impression of 'working hard' but I don't trust him.

You are correct when you say the 'leave' brigade can see through the argument. It is indeed a 'fag ash' deal.

It fails to focus on the major concerns of the populace, and at the top of that is immigration. It is certainly going to be an interesting time between now and the referendum. I predict it will be rigged so we stay in. Then the muck will certainly hit the fan as the Euro fanatics excact their revenge in Britain.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 21 Feb 2016, 12:03 pm

Well, Cameron has eventually told us what he managed to achieve in Europe, and it seems that it is just as we expected, and that it is just a fudge and a very poor compromise.

The date of the referendum will be on Thursday the 23rd of June and it is expected that there may be a quite narrow vote for OUT.

Scotland, has already said that more than sixty percent of us want to stay IN and if we are forced to pull out because England votes that way there is a great chance that there will be another IN/OUT independence referendum very soon afterwards, because we don't like having anything like this imposed on us against our wishes.

Roll on June the 23rd as one way or another that day is going to be a momentous one.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Sun 21 Feb 2016, 2:54 pm

Hi All,

Well Paps, you are more optomistic than myself. I still think it will be rigged for us to stay in.

I was chatting to my brother this morning who also thinks it will be an OUT vote.

Cameron by the way is desperate to get an early vote in June. Figures just relased have shown an influx of 1.8 mullion ILLEGAL migrants flooded into the EU last year over the summer, it is expected the figure to DOUBLE this summer, so Cameron wants the vote out of the way before the public become aware of these eye watering figures which would push a great many to the OUT camp.

Not surprised at the SNP crawling out off their hole having a good moan. Quite happy to let them stay in the EU and go independent now. I will be sorry to see Scotlands decline but they will only have themselves to blame.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 22 Feb 2016, 11:23 am

Again, that view is a matter of opinion Technician as we will not know until after the in/out vote for the EU is settled.

Scotland historically has produced some great parliamentarians, leaders of industry and inventors and I have no doubt whatsoever that we will be able to rule ourselves in an independent Scotland.

If the SNP government are unable to so the job properly, like with all governments, they can be booted out and a Labour government elected.

I don't think that the Tories or the Lib-Dem's will ever be a force in Scotland again; at least not for a very long time.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Mon 22 Feb 2016, 2:01 pm

Hi Paps You may well be correct. Indeed Scotland has produced some profoundly influential and intelligent people who have contributed stupendoulsy to this country and the world. That's the problem. I find it very strange that they can be taken in by 'Merkel' Sturgeon.

The woman is full of crap. She says she wants the best for Scotland ( great, no poblem with that ) and she is hell bent on independence ( OK, if you vote for that next time, well and good ) BUT she want to be in the EU ??.

Any country aligned with the EU has lost its soverign POWER. You will be under the dictat of unelected EU mandarins. You will have minimal say on your laws, which all but makes the Scottish Parliament redundant, you will have no say on your border controls, and in all probability be aligned with the Euro and all the financial mess that that entails.

You, like Greece will be at the mercy of the IMF and world bank. In the UK we pay as I say 35 millon per day foir this...Probably Scotland will get a cheaper deal, but considering your oil reserves ( ie, prices in particular ) are looking somewhat strained where are you going to get the extra money ?.

Where too are you going to put ( and more importatly pay for ) the loads of extra migrants flooding into Scotland. What about the strain on your services ?.

You will no longer be able to come cap in hand to the rest of the UK then. There is then the question of the Scottish /English border. Passport control ? Razor wire fences ?...Yes, probably to keep the migrants out of England....I And I thought you wanted Independence ?????

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Tue 23 Feb 2016, 12:39 pm

Some very good arguments there Technician, but they are all based on fear. We should never do anything if our reasons for doing it are based on fear.

It was "fear" that made the difference in the results of the first independence poll as the "Better Together" campaigners knew just how dangerous the perception of fear can be. It was successful last time, but if England pulls us out of Europe against our will, that argument will not have any weight the second time around.

If we do get independence then you will see how Scotland vets the people that want to come here as part of that abnormal flow of immigrants.

We have the space and we have the desire to make immigration work but we will only see how successful we may be AFTER we get independence.

I know that you dislike Sturgeon, ( and I am not talking about the fish Laughing ), and as far as that goes, I don't like her all that much either, but she is doing a fair job of leading the SNP government and you will see how much the Scots like her and her party at the new Scottish elections, very soon.

I think that it is long past time that we stop blaming England and London for what happens to Scotland, and being independent is the only way to do that.

Once we do have independence, the Scottish government of the day is going to be under very close scrutiny.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 10:21 am

Hi All,

Well Paps, that is just what the IN brigade want to create, a 'fear' factor. it may well work. A great many are Euroskptic in this country, but will be persuaded to stay in out of a sense of fear. This will play right into the hands of the IN campaign, and who can blame them for pushing that agenda.

I simply want us to take back decision making in this country; I am seriously concerned for our future as a nation when I hear that another 180.000 imigrants came into the UK last year, and its set to double at least this year.

Its not out of a loss of compassion for these poor people, but its out of a real sesne of concern for the infrastructure and very fabric of what used to be the 'UK'. We simply cannot, with the best will in the world continue to take in these numbers ( and many just will not integrate or learn to speak our language ). What we used to know as 'Britain' will be totaly lost ( and Scotland too !! ).

If this carries on in another 20 years what we were will be unrecognisable. I will probably have passed on by then, but I do fear for my family and our children....Britain as a nation will be lost, and the prospect upsets me a great deal.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 11:27 am

I notice that almost all of the Shengen signatory states in Europe have put up borders, high walls and razor wire.

This is something that has been pushed on these countries by the unnatural immigration from the middle East war-zones.

As far as Britain and Scotland is concerned, we are not signatories to the Shengen agreement and because of this we can close our borders any time we want to.

Of course this would also catch the incomers that we want to have and because of this we would lose out on a lot of emigrants that would be a positive direction for our skills shortage needs.

Again, this is pure conjecture as we don't know what is going to happen at the referendum vote in June.

I wish it was all past so that we can plan ahead and move on.

Papa......

TuppenceHapenny
    Major
    Major

Post by TuppenceHapenny on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 11:35 am

Jeez. I just wanted to know where the queue was and a get a sideways invite to move to Scotland, a bizarre tirade on how lovely the EU is and how wonderous Scotland will be when they are free of the oppressive English yoke. WHERE'S THE BLOODY QUEUE FOR ENGLAND??????
    Tuppencehapenny
    Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Post by Nuthin fancy on Wed 24 Feb 2016, 3:36 pm

Hi All,

Tuppence, start by looking at Calais; then look at what's coming north from the Greek Islands for starters.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Thu 25 Feb 2016, 11:29 am

I know you are an Anglophile Tuppence, but being one of them will not get you into the country any faster.

If you are interested, from your side of The Pond, the queue starts HERE

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri 20 Oct 2017, 4:55 pm