Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Are paedophiles' brains "wired" differently ?

papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 12196
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Are paedophiles' brains "wired" differently ?

Post by papa_umau on Tue 24 Nov 2015, 12:11 pm

"There has been immense concern in recent years over the scale of child sexual abuse. But even after years of study and investigation there's still disagreement over what causes paedophiles to be the way they are", writes Richard Sanders of The BBC.

Read the full report from The BBC HERE

Dr James Cantor, of the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health in Toronto, Canada, spends much of his time exploring the brains of paedophiles using MRI scans. He has reached a startling and controversial conclusion.

"Paedophilia is a sexual orientation," he says. "Paedophilia is something that we are essentially born with, does not appear to change over time and it's as core to our being as any other sexual orientation is."

Cantor found that the brains of the paedophiles he studied were wired differently to non-paedophiles - something he describes as effectively a "cross-wiring" of the brain. "It's as if, in these people, when they perceive a child, it's triggering the sexual instincts instead of triggering the nurturing instincts," he says

Well, do you think that this Canadian doctor has it right or is he simply just another apologist for paedophilia ?

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2545
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Re: Are paedophiles' brains "wired" differently ?

Post by zathrus on Thu 26 Nov 2015, 12:42 pm

I don't really allow myself to get caught in threads like this one, but I have to say, on this occasion, that if medicine finds a "get-out-of-jail" card for paedophiles then the criminality of it could be easily fought in court because of any such ruling.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 27 Nov 2015, 1:43 pm

Yes, sadly those kinds of offences could then be put into the category of "mentally unfit to plead" and they will be sent to mental hospitals instead of jails.

We all know that once the doctors in these places say they are "cured" there is nothing to stop them from being released back into the public domain once again. Evil or Very Mad

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2428
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 28 Nov 2015, 1:03 pm

I really don't care what the reasons are for these beasts to attack our children, as if they do they are still breaking the law and should be severely punished for doing so.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 29 Nov 2015, 12:35 pm

Yes Angie, I agree with that sentiment, but the trouble here is that if any offender is found not fit to plead because of some psychological reasons, the full force of the law can pass them by.

If the law accepts this new medical finding then it will be very difficult to convict for child sex offences in the future.

Papa......

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Paedophiles

Post by Nuthin fancy on Sun 29 Nov 2015, 7:05 pm

Hi all,

The phrase 'Castration with as blunt knife' comes to mind as a possible 'cure'

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Mon 30 Nov 2015, 12:20 pm

Although I think that that is a bit severe, as chemical castration does not seem to work and physical castration would not be allowed under the offender's civil rights it is a possibility that could be considered if all we want is vengeance.

Anyway, as I agree that that is an idea that might please a lot of people it still would not change what is going on in the minds of pedophiles.

If this "cross-wired" idea that the Canadian doctor has found proves to be true then maybe they will find a way to target this brain-flaw and by this "cure" them.

I very much doubt it though.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue 22 Aug 2017, 12:51 am