Ripped-Off Britain

* THE ONE AND ONLY, TRUE AND ORIGINAL, 'RIPPED-OFF' WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET *

SEE THE NEW "INTRODUCE YOURSELF" THREAD: HERE - - and - - LOOK AT OUR NEW "CAR-BUYING GUIDE" SUB-FORUM: HERE

Is this an over reaction ?

Nuthin fancy
    Major
    Major

Number of posts : 470
    Registration date : 2015-05-07

Is this an over reaction ?

Post by Nuthin fancy on Fri 06 Nov 2015, 1:39 pm

Hi All,

Just wondering. Is this banning of Uk flights to and from Sharm e Sheik an over reaction ?. It may well be that we find out its a bomb thad downed that Russian airliner, but are we sure yet. Most countries think we are being premature and the Egyptians are well pi**ed.

Problem is I am beginning to think we over react a hell of a lot in this country. If we have a small incident on a motorway then they shut the whole ruddy lot, as soon as muck hits the fan with anything we 'have an enquiry', or we have 'lessons to learn'. if the government were so concerned about the welfare of its citizens it needs to start at home, by ensuring that young people can get access to affordable housing , or by paying a decent state pension etc.

Don't know about Sharm el Sheik, never been there. To me it looks very doggy, surrounded by terrorist hotbeds. Don't see the attraction apart from a bit of sun and sea, and I think it would be safer in the Canaries or Madeira. No wonder its cheap. Been to Egypt many years ago and had two weeks of the sh*ts. Not been back since, but then I do not feel safe in that part of the world anymore. Wife wants to go to Israel, but NO WAY !!!.

Technician
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 11956
    Registration date : 2008-08-23

Re: Is this an over reaction ?

Post by papa_umau on Sat 07 Nov 2015, 1:06 pm

I think that just as you have said, many Brits, and worldwide others, especially the Russians, are now considering not flying to just about anywhere in or close to Europe or the middle-East any more, as they seem to have been influenced - as ISIL and the other nut-case Jehadi terrorists have hoped - into killing off the incomes that these countries have made out of the international tourist trade.

I think that this is all connected with the war that is being perpetrated on the free West by these disparate Muslim terrorist organisations as it has taken a turn into new techniques of ways of making war on us.

Because, like in Egypt, and other holiday destinations in these areas, it is very easy for a terrorist to look like the rest of the people and to infliltrate the staff that service international aircraft and to place bombs where they will never get found once the hold is filled with cases.

I do not feel that we are over-reacting if we are being truly careful about flying anywhere, as blowing up aeroplanes is probably the best way for these crazies to get their message across.

Papa......

Angie baby
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2377
    Registration date : 2008-08-30

Post by Angie baby on Sat 07 Nov 2015, 1:19 pm

The main big task now is to get the thousands of stranded Brits who are stuck in Egypt back home ASAP.

What happens after that we can look at carefully.

I am sure that once the dust settles we will find that flying to the sun tourism will get back to just about what it was before this plane was brought down.

We have short memories when things like this start to fade into the past.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Sun 08 Nov 2015, 12:18 pm

The great thing is that we can find "sun and sand" destinations in many places outside the areas that can be "got-at" by the Jehadi murders.

The disadvantage to these other sunny, (or equatorial regions ), are very much more expensive than going to Mediterranean or near middle Eastern destinations like Turkey or Greece or Egypt etc'.

Very soon only the very expensive destinations will be safely available to the most well off air travellers.

Last edited by papa_umau on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Papa......

zathrus
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Number of posts : 2488
    Registration date : 2008-08-21

Post by zathrus on Thu 12 Nov 2015, 11:22 am

A friend of mine has just got home from Sharm and we had a chat about this in the pub.

The whole going home delay was caused by the security folk at the Sharm el-Sheikh airport as they tightened up security checkouts after the bomb.

That's a bit like shutting the stable door after the horse is already away up the field...stoopid.

They were only allowing a handful of planes to leave the airport each day and it seemed that the Russian aircraft were getting priority.
    papa_umau
    Field Marshal
    Field Marshal

Post by papa_umau on Fri 13 Nov 2015, 11:58 am

Yeah, it is "stoopid" Zath'.

I am not one bit surprised that the Russian planes were getting priority as the Egyption authorities will be running scared at possible reprisals from the Russians.

Papa......

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed 28 Jun 2017, 1:18 am